Hot Deals

[Ford] 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 502A - <$95/Week Lease

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2021 10:58 pm
Dec 12, 2012
372 posts
600 upvotes
Canada
lardiop1 wrote: There is a difference between the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 and the Active Prep-Package. Assist is included in the 502A, active prep is not.

For hands free highway driving like Cadillac Super Cruise you have to opt for the prep package and the 360 degree camera, and pay extra to enable the feature once it is released. The prep package plus the 360 camera is $2200 - a $100 incentive credit, plus then you'll have to pay whatever Ford is going to charge in Canada once the software is available later in 2021. It is $600 for the first 3 years in the US, then a subscription service after that
Thanks for clarification.
[OP]
Jun 11, 2017
202 posts
500 upvotes
Rawket wrote: Anyone know if the $750 Ford loyalty credit can be shared? I have a buddy who just bought a new ride so he’s not using it.
It is not transferrable outside of others living in the same household as you. (Same address)

Offer is transferable to persons domiciled with certificate recipient. No reproduced certificates will be accepted. Taxes payable before private offer amount is deducted. Private offer amount may be used as a down payment or received as a rebate cheque from Ford of Canada, but not both.
[OP]
Jun 11, 2017
202 posts
500 upvotes
Alright you intrepid RFD'ers, here's a quick update for all of you. I'll update the OP shortly.

Thanks to everyone for posting their detailed numbers/deals/experiences after working with a dealership. This really helps others.

• The difference between a 16,000km and 20,000km lease is 1% lower residual value. (67% vs 68%) Rough cost is ~$700 or so to add 8000km (40,000 total) over the course of the lease. Well worth it if you ask me. Prepay the lease if you can and then use some of those ~$2000 'savings' to up the km allowance.
  • Adding the 20" Rims and FX4 package does indeed keep the payment within $1 a month. It's a no brainer upgrade, particularly because you get the electronic locking rear differential. Go test drive one before you commit, the combo does stiffen the truck a bit.
  • The work surface is a great option, however opting for it could significantly delay your order. Have your dealership try and add it after your vehicle gets scheduled to build. Worst case the factory (Ford) says nope, can't do it, and your truck still goes down the line as scheduled.
  • Most accessories that worked with the older model year trucks will work with the 2021s. Floor mats, tonneau covers, bedliners, etc. I ordered a cheap Pendaliner drop in bedliner from a local retailer for <$300 and front Husky branded floor mats from RockAuto for ~$100 shipped. Similar quality to WeatherTech.
  • I confirmed with both the dealership I ordered from and another who PM'ed me, that pre-paying the lease and then having a total loss accident will result in a pro-rated amount of cash heading back to you. Ford Credit owns the vehicle and would receive a settlement from insurance in the case of an accident. Make sure your Ontario insurance policy has the OPCF 43 endorsement (details over here).
  • Oil changes don't have to be done at the dealership. Just be sure to document if you do it yourself.

I ordered a Sport 502A in Rapid Red with FX4, 20" Rims, B&O Unleashed, and Wheel Well Liners as my options. Asking the dealer to try and add the work surface now that it is scheduled. Build date for my truck is in early February.
Feb 12, 2008
41 posts
11 upvotes
any dealer in GVR willing to waive the documentation fee?
Aug 15, 2019
249 posts
172 upvotes
lardiop1 wrote: Alright you intrepid RFD'ers, here's a quick update for all of you. I'll update the OP shortly.

Thanks to everyone for posting their detailed numbers/deals/experiences after working with a dealership. This really helps others.

• The difference between a 16,000km and 20,000km lease is 1% lower residual value. (67% vs 68%) Rough cost is ~$700 or so to add 8000km (40,000 total) over the course of the lease. Well worth it if you ask me. Prepay the lease if you can and then use some of those ~$2000 'savings' to up the km allowance.
  • Adding the 20" Rims and FX4 package does indeed keep the payment within $1 a month. It's a no brainer upgrade, particularly because you get the electronic locking rear differential. Go test drive one before you commit, the combo does stiffen the truck a bit.
  • The work surface is a great option, however opting for it could significantly delay your order. Have your dealership try and add it after your vehicle gets scheduled to build. Worst case the factory (Ford) says nope, can't do it, and your truck still goes down the line as scheduled.
  • Most accessories that worked with the older model year trucks will work with the 2021s. Floor mats, tonneau covers, bedliners, etc. I ordered a cheap Pendaliner drop in bedliner from a local retailer for <$300 and front Husky branded floor mats from RockAuto for ~$100 shipped. Similar quality to WeatherTech.
  • I confirmed with both the dealership I ordered from and another who PM'ed me, that pre-paying the lease and then having a total loss accident will result in a pro-rated amount of cash heading back to you. Ford Credit owns the vehicle and would receive a settlement from insurance in the case of an accident. Make sure your Ontario insurance policy has the OPCF 43 endorsement (details over here).
  • Oil changes don't have to be done at the dealership. Just be sure to document if you do it yourself.

I ordered a Sport 502A in Rapid Red with FX4, 20" Rims, B&O Unleashed, and Wheel Well Liners as my options. Asking the dealer to try and add the work surface now that it is scheduled. Build date for my truck is in early February.
How much delay are we talking about by adding the work surface?
Also how much is your lease as speced ?
Jan 15, 2017
181 posts
135 upvotes
ecgz88 wrote: how do you add self driving prep package? I can't find this option in https://shop.ford.ca/build/f150, just add the park assist and 360 camera?

for whatever reason in final page it just keep showing :Active Park Assist 2.0 $0Black Question Mark Ornament for me
yeah the Canadian build site sucks. The way to do it is add the active park and then it forces you to add the prep pack and 360 cam which is a total of $2200. On the American site you can actually see all the options including the active drive prep pack itself
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10238 posts
666 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone get an offer on a 24,000 kms/yr lease?
Jan 12, 2006
441 posts
230 upvotes
Woodbridge
Cghall wrote: Trimotor says 14000lbs towing, which is almost on par with the new f150. Will be interesting to see the battery drain if your towing an 8000lb trailer.

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck/design#battery
Sorry, yes 14,000lbs. I would love to see how the payload drops depending on the model but given there isnt that many options for the cybertruck, i dont think it should drop too much.

Despite Ford's payload rating, i predict my Lariet 502A 3.5L Ecoboost with Max Tow will come in around 1,700lbs. Its the reason i didnt add any options i really wanted like twin pano sunroof, FX4, power tailgate etc, as all this reduces payload. For example the Limited Trim with all the options checked drops the payload down to only 1300lbs which is insane. 5 guys at 200lbs a piece and a full fuel tank could already exceed the payload of the truck.

At least its not as bad as the older Ram 1500's.
Jan 12, 2006
441 posts
230 upvotes
Woodbridge
HungJai wrote: Sorry meant to say mileage

that 500miles will become 250miles if you lucky
Oh i am well aware of that.. i drive a 2018 Leaf with a rating of 240kms but when winter hits, it drops down to about 140kms depending on how much heat i use. Regardless, 250miles is not too bad as, but the ability to go offgrid by driving a huge battery pack means you can power your RV anwhere you go and charge up at any Tesla supercharger.

Besides, i dont mind stopping every 250miles on a long road trip since thats what i do anyways.
Jan 12, 2006
441 posts
230 upvotes
Woodbridge
lardiop1 wrote: There is a difference between the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 and the Active Prep-Package. Assist is included in the 502A, active prep is not.

For hands free highway driving like Cadillac Super Cruise you have to opt for the prep package and the 360 degree camera, and pay extra to enable the feature once it is released. The prep package plus the 360 camera is $2200 - a $100 incentive credit, plus then you'll have to pay whatever Ford is going to charge in Canada once the software is available later in 2021. It is $600 for the first 3 years in the US, then a subscription service after that
I didnt opt for the prep pack because by the time you get the truck and the software is released, you are already 30% into the lease. Ie. if they decide to delay into 2022, then really you get to use the option for only 1 year.

Totally not worht it and i already tried the existing lane centering and it is equally as good as my nissan leaf propilot assist and miles better than my honda odyessy hondasense trash.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7469 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
Tanooki wrote: The FX4/20" is the only bonus for options they have. It drops 1% going to 20K lease and another 2% going to 25k.
Thanks for the clarity. The bump to 20k should be a no brainer for most. Another 2% to go to 25k though is another matter...!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7469 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
Tijuana wrote: Anyone get an offer on a 24,000 kms/yr lease?
Said previously in thread a 25k lease will have 65% residual vs 67% for 20k and 68% for 16k.
Aug 3, 2011
551 posts
61 upvotes
Edmonton
Dealer said I cant have 6.5 bed with 2.7 eco engine. Is that true?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7469 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
hogujak wrote: Dealer said I cant have 6.5 bed with 2.7 eco engine. Is that true?
Yes - 5.5 only with the 2.7. And anything other than the 2.7 negates this deal.
Nov 11, 2006
623 posts
623 upvotes
@ home
How is the targeted (I received one) $750 Ford credit being factored into the invoice, anyone have an idea?
Aug 3, 2011
551 posts
61 upvotes
Edmonton
Drew_W wrote: Yes - 5.5 only with the 2.7. And anything other than the 2.7 negates this deal.
Yeah that sucks. I have owned 3.5 eco with 5.5bed. I find 5.5 bed is just ok.. I had to be creative to fit stuff in the bed sometimes.

Honestly I dont need any fancy features. All I need is 3.5eco for towing and 6. 5bed so xlt would work fine for me but no deals for xlt in Alberta.
Nov 11, 2006
966 posts
442 upvotes
Eckz wrote: How is the targeted (I received one) $750 Ford credit being factored into the invoice, anyone have an idea?
@tanooki I'd like to know too. I just checked my inbox and I received it on January 12th. Hopefully, my dealer won't give me a hard time when I asked them to include this certificate with my order.
Jan 22, 2006
87 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Eckz wrote: How is the targeted (I received one) $750 Ford credit being factored into the invoice, anyone have an idea?
The private offer comes directly from Ford on top of all other incentives so it can be applied to your amount due on delivery. You still have to pay HST on the 750 however.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

PsAndQs, drudle