• Aug 2nd, 2017 12:33 pm
Tags:
None
35 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
1162 posts
196 upvotes
I'm looking to get escape. The lease rate for 2016 Escape model is 6.79%? what was it like last year?
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
By "employee pricing" do they mean they're giving everyone employee pricing, or is it like Chrysler that they give a discount to employees? My mother got screwed over by Chrysler on that employee pricing deal, made her pay the discount back (even though my father was a Chrysler executive in the 60s). Lesson, look for a clause in any contract with these dealers for them coming back for the discount. When we bought our Jeep, there was such a clause, and we removed it.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
hagbard wrote: By "employee pricing" do they mean they're giving everyone employee pricing, or is it like Chrysler that they give a discount to employees? My mother got screwed over by Chrysler on that employee pricing deal, made her pay the discount back (even though my father was a Chrysler executive in the 60s). Lesson, look for a clause in any contract with these dealers for them coming back for the discount. When we bought our Jeep, there was such a clause, and we removed it.
Everyone gets the discount !
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
4498 posts
6934 upvotes
Somewhere in AB
ambujakshi wrote: http://www.ford.ca/region/national/?int ... one-150701

Ford employee pricing is back. Is there room for negotiation / MSRP - Discount is the final price?

Thanks.
When I got my Focus ST, I negotiated $1,000 on top of the discounted price, and got them to throw couple of other stuff for free as well (locking wheel nuts and all-weather mats). Though they did charge me $495 documentation fee.

Oh, and 0% financing for 60 months as well.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
^ So you didn't get those things for free. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
if Costco has 1000 rebate you can combine that
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
The pricing is on the ford website as of today... as for whether there is more negotiation room would depend on the vehicle and the dealer.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
Focus with myford touch package is ~ 26,000, even after discount :(
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211303 upvotes
GTA
It is no secret that Ford is a brand with pretty steep depreciation, so if you don't mind a car that has been driven 5,000 to 20,000 km, you should be able to save a fair amount of $$$. I remember looking at Focuses a few years ago, cars that were $30K+ (fully loaded) were already down to around $20K after just a year.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
toguy wrote: It is no secret that Ford is a brand with pretty steep depreciation, so if you don't mind a car that has been driven 5,000 to 20,000 km, you should be able to save a fair amount of $$$. I remember looking at Focuses a few years ago, cars that were $30K+ (fully loaded) were already down to around $20K after just a year.
+1
this is what I would do, buy something 1-2 years old...
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3446 posts
2198 upvotes
skywalker wrote: I'm looking to get escape. The lease rate for 2016 Escape model is 6.79%? what was it like last year?
It was 0% until yesterday. The reason it's 6.79% now is that there is a big employee price discount. The lease payment is very similar, they just make up the difference in the interest payments. To truly get ahead with employee pricing you need to pay cash.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Wpegger wrote: +1
this is what I would do, buy something 1-2 years old...
You think Mustang owners have returned their cars since the release earlier this year? lol... wishful thinking.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
3071 posts
1585 upvotes
aleks wrote: It was 0% until yesterday. The reason it's 6.79% now is that there is a big employee price discount. The lease payment is very similar, they just make up the difference in the interest payments. To truly get ahead with employee pricing you need to pay cash.
You'd be better off getting a HELOC and paying cash to save ~50% of the interest (~3.35% right now?)
Apr 18, 2010
578 posts
91 upvotes
bembol wrote: ^ So you didn't get those things for free. LOL
Exactly. In fact, at $495 you paid quite a lot for that stuff!
Jan 24, 2011
39 posts
2 upvotes
Here is the break down of a 2016 Escape SE (1.6 ecoboost 4wd) with 201A Equipment Group shown
on the ford.ca website, including employee pricing adjustment.

MSRP + Total of Options $30,899
Total Fees $1,790
Ford Employee Pricing Adjustment -$2,528
Adjusted Price $30,161 (before TAX)

Does anyone know how much discount I can expect on top of the price shown above, if I'm negotiating a price with the sales person?
Sep 2, 2014
38 posts
5 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I just asked Easycardiscount to give me a quote on a fiesta st and they gave me a price $500 more than the price quoted on ford.ca after taxes. So it looks like they were unable to negotiate any discount at all, not even able to waive dealer fee. Will go to a local dealer to see if they can give me a price lower than the msrp.
Nov 13, 2012
71 posts
35 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo
aleks wrote: It was 0% until yesterday. The reason it's 6.79% now is that there is a big employee price discount. The lease payment is very similar, they just make up the difference in the interest payments. To truly get ahead with employee pricing you need to pay cash.
Does anyone know if during this promotion they have also doubled up with the 0% financing on F150?

Also if anyone can recommend the best dealers to speak with regarding f150 (high volume) it would be appreciated.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
monchers wrote: I just asked Easycardiscount to give me a quote on a fiesta st and they gave me a price $500 more than the price quoted on ford.ca after taxes. So it looks like they were unable to negotiate any discount at all, not even able to waive dealer fee. Will go to a local dealer to see if they can give me a price lower than the msrp.
ford.ca sometimes does not calculate the tax properly. calculate the tax yourself and see if the price you're getting is good.
Sep 2, 2014
38 posts
5 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
ambujakshi wrote: ford.ca sometimes does not calculate the tax properly. calculate the tax yourself and see if the price you're getting is good.
Quote I got was 23,672 + HST.

On ford.ca:

MSRP $25050
Total Fees $1,665
Ford Employee Pricing Adjustment -$1,990
Delivery Allowance -$1500
Adjusted Price $23,224 (before tax)

Were you able to negotiate any savings?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)