Ford Employee Pricing 2018 Event

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2018 10:07 am
Apr 30, 2016
51 posts
46 upvotes

Ford Employee Pricing 2018 Event

Hi folks,

Thought it will be good to start a thread on Ford's employee pricing events to see what kind of deals RFD members get.
Currently in the market for a F150 Lariat and above. Anyone manage to get a King Ranch or a Platinum for $54800 + tax?
25 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
*redacted*

I got a 2020 Mustang Boss 454 Limited Special Edition for $29.99/month lease for 120 months, 1/4 mil down.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Feb 1, 2018
121 posts
23 upvotes
I recently leased ford escape 2018 SEL all wheel drive model for $442/month for 5 years (100k km) with buy back for $12.3k

Comes with safety package, panoramic sunroof and navigation. And winters tired without rims are included.

What do you guys think about the price?
Am I paying the decent price?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
I expect discounts of $10K+, to be considered a good deal.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2017
1275 posts
888 upvotes
ON
vkizzle wrote: I expect discounts of $10K+, to be considered a good deal.
Yes you can get that kind of discounts but it's all about timing. If you are in no rush to buy and can just wait whenever that happens, then $10k discount is possible.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Elec2016 wrote: Yes you can get that kind of discounts but it's all about timing. If you are in no rush to buy and can just wait whenever that happens, then $10k discount is possible.
Ford hands this type of discounts all year round...should be no sweat during the employee pricing event, plus Costco $1000,
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3446 posts
2198 upvotes
You can get about $16,500 off the Lariat 502A right now at Ford with no negotiation. That's what the employee price + delivery allowance + Costco price is.
Jul 11, 2017
960 posts
1279 upvotes
I get dealer cost + a maximum of 4% all year through work.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Bella125 wrote: I get dealer cost + a maximum of 4% all year through work.
Dealer cost, plus an additional 4% off?
Jul 11, 2017
960 posts
1279 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Dealer cost, plus an additional 4% off?
A maximum of 4% depends on the dealer, last car I bought was only $800 above dealer cost.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
Elec2016 wrote: Yes you can get that kind of discounts but it's all about timing. If you are in no rush to buy and can just wait whenever that happens, then $10k discount is possible.
So, the listed discount on an ford edge we looked at is around 5K total. That probably comes out of ford's pocket? Then we're saying there's a few more K from the dealers side? Dont think they're going to go for 10K off.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
5751 posts
6124 upvotes
Ottawa
acer21 wrote: I recently leased ford escape 2018 SEL all wheel drive model for $442/month for 5 years (100k km) with buy back for $12.3k

Comes with safety package, panoramic sunroof and navigation. And winters tired without rims are included.

What do you guys think about the price?
Am I paying the decent price?
Just built the same model on Ford.ca and the lease price is $442 for 60 months. That included a delivery allowance discount of $1500 and employee pricing discount of $2968. Everyone can get that deal. So basically you got a free set of winter tires. Not what I would consider a decent price.

And why a 5 year lease? Are you prepared to do the brakes before you lease ends?
Feb 1, 2018
121 posts
23 upvotes
skeet50 wrote: Just built the same model on Ford.ca and the lease price is $442 for 60 months. That included a delivery allowance discount of $1500 and employee pricing discount of $2968. Everyone can get that deal. So basically you got a free set of winter tires. Not what I would consider a decent price.

And why a 5 year lease? Are you prepared to do the brakes before you lease ends?
Oh ok.
I still haven't received the car. Can we still cancel the contract?
Dec 2, 2006
514 posts
640 upvotes
Ottawa
VICTOR KWAN wrote: Ya until you walk into the dealership. Ford employee pricing is BS. I have a buddy who works for Ford Canada and says thats just the mark up your getting discounted and not anywhere close to employee cost.
Can you share an example. As far as I know, this pricing is the same as A/Z plan pricing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
5751 posts
6124 upvotes
Ottawa
acer21 wrote: Oh ok.
I still haven't received the car. Can we still cancel the contract?
Doubt it. Don't know what province you are in, but in ON the deal is firm once you sign the Purchase Agreement, or in your case, the lease agreement. There is no cooling off period in ON once you have signed the contract.

Just pick up your vehicle and enjoy. The winter tires are a nice bonus.
Apr 30, 2016
51 posts
46 upvotes
These employee discounts, are they all from the factory side and the dealer has more to negotiate from their side? They keep telling me they can't discount another dollar!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
pg3233 wrote: These employee discounts, are they all from the factory side and the dealer has more to negotiate from their side? They keep telling me they can't discount another dollar!
Yes, you can squeeze additional discounts of the dealer.
Go to the next Ford dealership, if this one is playing hardball.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
5751 posts
6124 upvotes
Ottawa
pg3233 wrote: These employee discounts, are they all from the factory side and the dealer has more to negotiate from their side? They keep telling me they can't discount another dollar!
What they are actually saying is that they won't discount any further. That's their choice. This dealer is obviously okay with the sales that they will do during this promo. I've noticed in previous years when Employee Pricing promo is on the interest rates are higher. But, this promo obviously works or Ford wouldn't be running it every year.

I went to a GM dealer a few years ago for a Buick Enclave with the up to 20% discount. Was also told that they wouldn't do any further discounts. I walked.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2017
1275 posts
888 upvotes
ON
vkizzle wrote: Ford hands this type of discounts all year round...should be no sweat during the employee pricing event, plus Costco $1000,
U4IA wrote: So, the listed discount on an ford edge we looked at is around 5K total. That probably comes out of ford's pocket? Then we're saying there's a few more K from the dealers side? Dont think they're going to go for 10K off.
Check with vkizzle, he's the one who said 10k discount is all year round :)

Joking aside, when I bought my Ford Edge few years ago, I did get 12k off the MSRP. But like I said, I wasn't in a rush and was waiting for good deals and jumped on it when it happened. But I don't think it happens all year round, you just have to be patient.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Elec2016 wrote: Check with vkizzle, he's the one who said 10k discount is all year round :)

Joking aside, when I bought my Ford Edge few years ago, I did get 12k off the MSRP. But like I said, I wasn't in a rush and was waiting for good deals and jumped on it when it happened. But I don't think it happens all year round, you just have to be patient.
Go to any high volume Ford dealership.