None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2873 posts
1970 upvotes

Ford Employee Pricing Finance Rate

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone remembered what financing rates were during last year's Ford Employee Pricing Event for F150s? Trying to compare the incentives right now (10k delivery allowance and 3.29% for 72 months) vs the Employee Pricing Event. I think I could get around 16k off msrp plus the current financing rate. I know that the discount off an f150 during the Employee Pricing Event is around 16k but I think the financing rate is worse. Not sure if people are able to get much more from the dealers at that time of year. Whereas dealers this month may discount up to 7k by themselves + the 10k delivery allowance.
30 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
tim-x wrote: Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone remembered what financing rates were during last year's Ford Employee Pricing Event for F150s? Trying to compare the incentives right now (10k delivery allowance and 3.29% for 72 months) vs the Employee Pricing Event. I think I could get around 16k off msrp plus the current financing rate. I know that the discount off an f150 during the Employee Pricing Event is around 16k but I think the financing rate is worse. Not sure if people are able to get much more from the dealers at that time of year. Whereas dealers this month may discount up to 7k by themselves + the 10k delivery allowance.
It's always higher during employee pricing, around 3.99% for financing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2873 posts
1970 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: It's always higher during employee pricing, around 3.99% for financing.
That sounds about what it is now but with better factory incentives. Some dealers in the GTA are marking down msrp by 6-7k plus the 10k incentive. makes it seem like a good time. I wonder how much wiggle room dealers have during employee pricing so then it would be 16k from the manufacturer minus what the dealer can do at that time as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1950 posts
727 upvotes
Kitchener
While I don't remember specifically, they are always higher and I kind of remember that they got up to 4.99 for some vehicles, compared to non-employee pricing of avg 1.99. When I bought my explorer the finance rate was 1.49 for 60 months, during the employee sale it was 4.49%.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
tim-x wrote: That sounds about what it is now but with better factory incentives. Some dealers in the GTA are marking down msrp by 6-7k plus the 10k incentive. makes it seem like a good time. I wonder how much wiggle room dealers have during employee pricing so then it would be 16k from the manufacturer minus what the dealer can do at that time as well.
From my experience, the high volume dealers will beat employee pricing promo throughout the entire year.
Employee pricing is just a gimmick for us to beleive that is the only time we can get deep discounts.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
4827 posts
3208 upvotes
Ontario
vkizzle wrote: From my experience, the high volume dealers will beat employee pricing promo throughout the entire year.
Employee pricing is just a gimmick for us to beleive that is the only time we can get deep discounts.
Yes, for employees "employee pricing" discounts vary through the year. Needless to say when employee pricing is available to the public those are not the best times for employees to buy.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
Martin (deal addict) wrote: Yes, for employees "employee pricing" discounts vary through the year. Needless to say when employee pricing is available to the public those are not the best times for employees to buy.
It appears that way.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2997 posts
1536 upvotes
AB
The deals were slightly better on Lariats in early April with 0% financing and around $13,500 off with all incentives and dealer discounts. With Ford F-150 you always end up around the same price if you finance. They just play with interest and total discounts.

If you are paying cash, employee pricing is the easiest way to go in buy. Otherwise like mentioned any time of year you can get about same discounts when you take into account finance rates.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1950 posts
727 upvotes
Kitchener
I agree with vkizzle as dealers have room on these higher margin vehicles. I know what I paid for my explorer was about the same as the employee price that came out months later but I was able to get a better finance rate.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
peelhic wrote: I agree with vkizzle as dealers have room on these higher margin vehicles. I know what I paid for my explorer was about the same as the employee price that came out months later but I was able to get a better finance rate.
How you liking your Explorer?
Mine has a whole bunch of minor issues that I'm going to bring it in soon to be addressed; while still under warranty!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2873 posts
1970 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: How you liking your Explorer?
Mine has a whole bunch of minor issues that I'm going to bring it in soon to be addressed; while still under warranty!
Yikes. Like what?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
tim-x wrote: Yikes. Like what?
Nothing serious, just the notorious hood paint corrosion issue (right at the edge of the hood), which is a defect during the prep process.
My hood is fully wrapped and it didn't stop the corrosion.

The other issue, is a noisy radiator fan that intermittently squeaks and squeals during shutdown.

Some other creaks and cracks, but I haven't been able to identify them yet.

There are more serious issues (lots of TSBs and a few recalls), but luckily not affecting me...yet. Lol

Join the F150 forum or Explorer forum for lots of discussion, as the community is very good.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1950 posts
727 upvotes
Kitchener
vkizzle wrote: How you liking your Explorer?
We've had a couple of issues. Our warranty just expired in March and in February our back rear bearing went, before that we had an issue with the sunroof that they couldn't figure out and had to replace the entire motor assembly. We also had a door support start to rust which was replaced. Then there was the recalls, around the exhaust, etc.

Overall not too bad, I enjoy the car a lot. Luckly we've have no hood rust issues.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2873 posts
1970 upvotes
So all in all, can one do better than 16 or 17k off msrp plus 3.29% for 72? I think that's what I could get right now. Wondering if better incentives might come around.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
tim-x wrote: So all in all, can one do better than 16 or 17k off msrp plus 3.29% for 72? I think that's what I could get right now. Wondering if better incentives might come around.
Push for $17K and you're good to go.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2873 posts
1970 upvotes
Ended up purchasing a 2018 F150 Lariat 502a, Moonroof, liftgate step, 20", 4x4, 2.7l crew for 48.9k + hst. Sticker price was $66 769 so $17 869 off msrp. Drove the 3.5 and noticed pretty much no difference in daily driving. Looking forward to the adventures!
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
1050 posts
333 upvotes
tim-x wrote: Ended up purchasing a 2018 F150 Lariat 502a, Moonroof, liftgate step, 20", 4x4, 2.7l crew for 48.9k + hst. Sticker price was $66 769 so $17 869 off msrp. Drove the 3.5 and noticed pretty much no difference in daily driving. Looking forward to the adventures!
I'm looking at a Lariat 502a as well,

more specifically in a Supercrew with a 5 1/2 ft box (which ford has figured out they want to charge more for a shorter box) *grrr*
What other options did you get?

Bedliner?
wheel liners?
brake controller?
floor mats?
Technology package?(the 360 camera thing)?
Tow mirrors?

just want to know what I can wheel and deal around here..
thanks
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
freeforall wrote: What are the discounts on Explorer's?
I paid $52K OTR back in 2015 when the 2016 redesign was launched and added dual panel moonroof and 2nd row bucket seat options.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2873 posts
1970 upvotes
dealCker wrote: I'm looking at a Lariat 502a as well,

more specifically in a Supercrew with a 5 1/2 ft box (which ford has figured out they want to charge more for a shorter box) *grrr*
What other options did you get?

Bedliner?
wheel liners?
brake controller?
floor mats?
Technology package?(the 360 camera thing)?
Tow mirrors?

just want to know what I can wheel and deal around here..
thanks
It came with the drop in liner which I wasn't excited about but I'm not going to replace it anytime soon. I didn't get any of those other options that you mentioned.