Ford Extended Warranty Research

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2021 10:39 am
Dec 9, 2007
541 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver

Ford Extended Warranty Research

I am in the process of buying a Ford F-150 and I am trying to decide if I will buy an extended warranty or not but they don't provide any pricing information on their website unlike Honda which has a pretty simple and transparent table on their website. That made it pretty easy when I bought my Accord to see if it was something I'd even consider and what my negotiating strategy might be. In the case of the Honda I got about 20-25% off, it wasn't too hard so there was likely more room to move it seemed reasonable for what I was getting. I am trying to get as much information as possible before I get into the negotiation and not be at as much of a disadvantage on the spot.

Are there any good resources in Canada to help get a sense of dealer cost on Ford extended warranties and what is a realistic range I should pay on the various extended warranties?

Thanks,
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
Join Ford Explorer forum and you'll be able to get details of a dealership that was offering members a deal on Ford's ESP.

Otherwise, just contact any Ford dealership across Canada for quotes.

Or, if you have a US address (friend or family), you can purchase from a US dealership at cost + a few hundred.
Dec 27, 2014
168 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I shopped around for the exact same thing about a year ago when I bought my F150. Pricing is literally all over the place. For the particular coverage I was looking for (high km) it ranged from $3450 to $4700 with calls to just a few dealers.

In the end, I still haven't purchased it yet. I still have a fair bit of factory warranty left.
Sep 30, 2016
42 posts
16 upvotes
Reviving this thread. Looking good pricing on extended warranties for Ford Expedition. It seems the comparable US warranties from dealers are almost half off. Any tips on which dealers give the best deals?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)