• Jun 4th, 2016 1:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35651 posts
21737 upvotes
Center of Universe
Vishu wrote: Just a friendly update -- ford has introduced a holiday bonus on the vehicle lineup that also includes some 2016 models as well as 2015s. IN some cases the bonus rebate is $1000 (like on the 2015 Lincoln MKC)

happy shopping! (and happy holidays!)
Meh, nothing special.
Employees pricing, plus Costco rebate and additional dealership discount, is the only good time to buy a Ford; otherwise you're paying too much.
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
Hi guys

just a note the ford fiesta is available on a fantastic short term lease (24 month) with around $500 down it is $80 + hst bi weekly.

awesome deal for a new buyer, recent grad or just someone looking for a car for a to b for a short term
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
Just a quick note - $1000 Costco is back on most ford models.

Happy shopping.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1127 posts
316 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Vishu wrote: Just a quick note - $1000 Costco is back on most ford models.

Happy shopping.
Good to know. My Explorer should be coming in soon, so this will be applied as an additional discount.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Didn't know about this thread.

Well I have a Escape, few years old. Not really happy with it. Two main issues:

1. Slight pedal vibration or buzzing. Gets worse as rpms go up. Shop one replaced engine mount, whichever is near the pedal side. Helped, but I still feel a slight buzzing, now its just always there. Much less than before, and doesn't get worse with rpm, but now a much less buzz, ALL THE TIME. Got two different shops to check, both said they don't feel anything, everything seems normal......

2. Engine is just not as smooth as it used to be. It's only been a few years, and it now idles loud, and acceleration is loud and just...not as smooth as it was before. Been doing everything by the book, never missed an oil change, etc. I though I was taking good care of it....

Don't think I will buy Ford again....I was hesistating getting an American car, and I think I should have gone with my gut :(
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote: Didn't know about this thread.

Well I have a Escape, few years old. Not really happy with it. Two main issues:

1. Slight pedal vibration or buzzing. Gets worse as rpms go up. Shop one replaced engine mount, whichever is near the pedal side. Helped, but I still feel a slight buzzing, now its just always there. Much less than before, and doesn't get worse with rpm, but now a much less buzz, ALL THE TIME. Got two different shops to check, both said they don't feel anything, everything seems normal......

2. Engine is just not as smooth as it used to be. It's only been a few years, and it now idles loud, and acceleration is loud and just...not as smooth as it was before. Been doing everything by the book, never missed an oil change, etc. I though I was taking good care of it....

Don't think I will buy Ford again....I was hesistating getting an American car, and I think I should have gone with my gut :(
I'm sorry to hear about a less than ideal experience. My advice is to not fall into the mindset that its having issues because its American though, most cars are built the same way and come with the same kind of warranties. If there was a perfect car, warranties would be lifetime long not 3yr/60kms (ford, Honda, Toyota etc.) that being said, as long as there is a human influence in design and building there is always room for potential issues. it is unfortunate, but that is the reality.

is your escape a 4cylinder equipped model?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35651 posts
21737 upvotes
Center of Universe
richuwo11 wrote: Good to know. My Explorer should be coming in soon, so this will be applied as an additional discount.
But, you may lose the previous promo at the time you placed the order.
Supposedly you can't stack "promos" and this was the same sentiment shared by every single Ford dealership I visited and later reiterated at the time of delivery at the dealership I bought from.

I got luck when I ordered late Sept when Ford was running both employee pricing and the Costco discount (plus additional dealership discount).
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1127 posts
316 upvotes
Oakville, ON
vkizzle wrote: But, you may lose the previous promo at the time you placed the order.
Supposedly you can't stack "promos" and this was the same sentiment shared by every single Ford dealership I visited and later reiterated at the time of delivery at the dealership I bought from.

I got luck when I ordered late Sept when Ford was running both employee pricing and the Costco discount (plus additional dealership discount).
Yes, good point. I understand you can't stack promos. However, I first ordered the XLT during the Costco promotion. Then I changed my mind a few weeks later and went for the Sport after the promotion ended. There was a different discount at that time, but maybe $500? So I should get an extra $500 off the purchase price.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35651 posts
21737 upvotes
Center of Universe
richuwo11 wrote: Yes, good point. I understand you can't stack promos. However, I first ordered the XLT during the Costco promotion. Then I changed my mind a few weeks later and went for the Sport after the promotion ended. There was a different discount at that time, but maybe $500? So I should get an extra $500 off the purchase price.
At least they will honour the original promo/incentive and allow customers to take advantage of any new promos during delivery, if they chose to.
Hopefully something more comes along when you take delivery.

Good choice switching to the Sport, because this 5000lbs beast isn't the same without that 3.5L TT.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Vishu wrote: I'm sorry to hear about a less than ideal experience. My advice is to not fall into the mindset that its having issues because its American though, most cars are built the same way and come with the same kind of warranties. If there was a perfect car, warranties would be lifetime long not 3yr/60kms (ford, Honda, Toyota etc.) that being said, as long as there is a human influence in design and building there is always room for potential issues. it is unfortunate, but that is the reality.

is your escape a 4cylinder equipped model?
Mine is 4 cylinder. I know nothing is perfect, but still...I don't know. My friend has an acura TSX that's about 8 years old I think, and honestly it feels much smoother than my car, even though mine is just a couple years old.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1127 posts
316 upvotes
Oakville, ON
vkizzle wrote: At least they will honour the original promo/incentive and allow customers to take advantage of any new promos during delivery, if they chose to.
Hopefully something more comes along when you take delivery.

Good choice switching to the Sport, because this 5000lbs beast isn't the same without that 3.5L TT.
Do you have the 2016 Sport? Any issues so far? How has your gas mileage been?
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
SuperDuperFox wrote: Mine is 4 cylinder. I know nothing is perfect, but still...I don't know. My friend has an acura TSX that's about 8 years old I think, and honestly it feels much smoother than my car, even though mine is just a couple years old.
I had a feeling it was, that's why I asked to be sure - over time the four cylinder doesn't have the longevity the v6 had in that vehicle. to be honest, if its really beginning to bother you perhaps its time to look into changing vehicles. but if u can deal with it and the car is still driving ok it is just something you will have to deal with. there is no 100% fix. sorry I don't have better news.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35651 posts
21737 upvotes
Center of Universe
richuwo11 wrote: Do you have the 2016 Sport? Any issues so far? How has your gas mileage been?
Yes, I have the 2016 Sport and currently averaging 15.5L/100km (calculated during fill ups).
Only issue, is that it doesn't drive like a 5000lbs SUV (handling is impressive, sport suspension and slightly lower than a standard Explorer) and I can't drive conservatively.
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
For anyone looking for Lincolns SUVs there is an additional $1000 rebate available stackable with $1000 for a Costco membership. To be eligible one must have a company registered with them as director/owner.

IN addition, anyone specifically looking for the MKX will get 4 years of maintenance for free as long as they purchase or lease a model that has the MyLincoln Touch system in it (versus the new sync3 systems).

Otherwise, any other Lincoln lease/purchase will come with 2 years of maintenance free.