Ford/Lincoln questions & answers

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2016 1:56 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
Karall wrote: When can I test drive new 2013 MKZ?
Right now indications are sometime late fall.
Feb 15, 2012
76 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Is the Boss 302 Leguna Seca only at SVT dealers?
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
drronith wrote: Is the Boss 302 Leguna Seca only at SVT dealers?
Nope.

The Boss Leguna Seca is available via any Ford dealership.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1343 upvotes
Noticed some 2011 Ford Edges ( usually SEL trims ) with low kms ( 10,000 km - 20,000 km ) are being sold by some Ford dealerships as ' Ford Direct ' used vehicles ...what does a used ' Ford Direct ' vehicle usually entail exactly ?
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
poedua wrote: Noticed some 2011 Ford Edges ( usually SEL trims ) with low kms ( 10,000 km - 20,000 km ) are being sold by some Ford dealerships as ' Ford Direct ' used vehicles ...what does a used ' Ford Direct ' vehicle usually entail exactly ?
The wording might be specific to that dealer but what I think it means it either that the used edges are "cap units". Those are vehicles that have been driven by ford executives and thus have lower prices that can be lowered further because they are eligible for new car incentives as well.

Or it just means they are used cars owned and/or driven by ford employees.

If it is the first you could potentially save a lot of money with employee pricing rebates stacked on top of an all ready lowered price (given the mileage and model year)

good luck in your search for a vehicle!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1343 upvotes
Vishu wrote: The wording might be specific to that dealer but what I think it means it either that the used edges are "cap units". Those are vehicles that have been driven by ford executives and thus have lower prices that can be lowered further because they are eligible for new car incentives as well.

Or it just means they are used cars owned and/or driven by ford employees.

If it is the first you could potentially save a lot of money with employee pricing rebates stacked on top of an all ready lowered price (given the mileage and model year)

good luck in your search for a vehicle!
Thanks so much....really appreciate the background info.

The prospect of a "cap unit" possibly being eligible for new car incentives is very intriguing ...and appealing....certainly something worth looking into further. :)

And as far as pricing rebates etc. goes, did notice some 2013 SEL Edges being listed in the Star at $32,358...when compared to some 2011 Edge SELs with about 14,000 km on them listed by Ford dealerships at $28,888 ( though to be fair, some of the 2011's may have more options like Sync, leather/ sunroof that the 2013 doesn't have )...the 2013 just might be worth a stronger look.

Guess I'd need have to do a thorough ' apples to apples ' spec / option comparison of a 2011 vs a 2013 to see if the savings of going with a 2011 is really worth it or not.
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Feb 15, 2012
76 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Vishu wrote: Nope.

The Boss Leguna Seca is available via any Ford dealership.
Most interesting.
I am having a tough time finding one. Do you know of any dealers that have any in stock?
Oct 15, 2009
452 posts
180 upvotes
I have a question about the employee pricing program. I'm looking at a 2012 Focus right now and priced it out on the website and it has a Employee Price discount of about $1800.

I also have the CCC report for the vehicle and have gone through it quite thoroughly. The incentives lists the calculation for what the Ford reimbursement to the dealership is from this program, which ends up being about $1200.

So does that extra $600 just come out of the dealer's profit?
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
drronith wrote: Most interesting.
I am having a tough time finding one. Do you know of any dealers that have any in stock?
Check your PMs.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
2012 posts
472 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Might be in the market for a used car. The Lincoln LS has caught my eye but I was wondering if anyone has any reservations against this now discontinued vehicle? I'm kind of worried why these appear to have depreciated so much. Thanks!
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
jmatheson64 wrote: Might be in the market for a used car. The Lincoln LS has caught my eye but I was wondering if anyone has any reservations against this now discontinued vehicle? I'm kind of worried why these appear to have depreciated so much. Thanks!
The LS was a very popular car for its short life span, unfortunately lincolns lack of innovation over the LS life cycle resulted it in eventually getting eliminated from the line up. That and the fact that it is RWD on a luxury platform that works with FWDs now is for the most part why they depreciated as much as they did. It was a great car during its peak years though!
Aug 25, 2003
270 posts
105 upvotes
Markham
Just wanted to toss my 2 cents into this thread.

Anyone looking to buy a ford should definitely contact Vishu.

Great guy, and very easy to deal with. Vishu sold me a Ford Escape 2013. Love it so far!

Out of all the sales reps I've dealt with, he was the most straightforward and easy to deal with. He was very well informed on the vehicle and didn't hide things (cost, fees) like other sales reps I've dealt with.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1343 upvotes
potst1cker wrote: Just wanted to toss my 2 cents into this thread.

Great guy, and very easy to deal with. Vishu sold me a Ford Escape 2013. Love it so far!

Out of all the sales reps I've dealt with, he was the most straightforward and easy to deal with. He was very well informed on the vehicle and didn't hide things (cost, fees) like other sales reps I've dealt with.
Congrats.....the Ford Escape 2013 is a VERY NICE vehicle. Thought it looked great in the ' ginger ale ' colour ' ( below )

Did you get the 1.6L EcoBoost™ engine ?

[IMG]http://www.longislandford.net/wp-conten ... ESCAPE.jpg[/IMG]
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Aug 25, 2003
270 posts
105 upvotes
Markham
I like the ginger ale colour as well but we ended up going with blue to save us from having to wait on a factory order.

I got the 2.0L Eco boost. I test drove both the 1.6 and the 2.0. The 1.6 is a very good engine. I think its enough power for most everday driving and you better fuel economy than the 2.0.

The thing I liked better about the 2.0 was that at highway speeds the turbo lag was less than the 1.6. It's great for passing but I don't think you can really go wrong with either engine.

poedua wrote: Congrats.....the Ford Escape
2013 is a VERY NICE vehicle. Thought it looked great in the ' ginger ale ' colour ' ( below )

Did you get the 1.6L EcoBoost™ engine ?

[IMG]http://www.longislandford.net/wp-conten ... ESCAPE.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1343 upvotes
potst1cker wrote: I like the ginger ale colour as well but we ended up going with blue to save us from having to wait on a factory order.

I got the 2.0L Eco boost. I test drove both the 1.6 and the 2.0. The 1.6 is a very good engine. I think its enough power for most everday driving and you better fuel economy than the 2.0.

The thing I liked better about the 2.0 was that at highway speeds the turbo lag was less than the 1.6. It's great for passing but I don't think you can really go wrong with either engine.
Well, considering the Edge uses the 2.0L Ecoboost and is almost 600 pounds heavier than the Escape, a 2.0L Ecoboost in the Escape should be amazing !!!

I test drove a 2013 Edge with the 2.0L Ecoboost and I must say, I could barely notice a different from the standard 3.5L V6 - the 2.0L Ecoboost is a real champ IMHO ! VERY IMPRESSIVE !

Only thing that bothered me, was when the sales rep started the Edge with the 2.0L Ecoboost, there was a noticeable puff of smoke coming out of the tailpipes on start-up. Test drove another Edge with the 2.0L Ecoboost at another dealership - same thing, puff of smoke on start-up. Did some research on-line and this seems to be an issue with other Ecoboost owners as well...that, and a noticeable build up of black soot in the tailpipes. Not sure if this is just a tuning issue of the car ( thus a ' non-issue ' ) running too rich, but it might be something to keep on your radar going forward nonetheless.

Apart from that, I fond the Escape cabin's fit and finish to be really impressive - and the My Ford Touch / Sync is really a cool feature other brands can't come close to !

This new 2013 Escape could be a real CRV killer in my view !!! ;)

Great buy....well done ! :)
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
potst1cker wrote: Just wanted to toss my 2 cents into this thread.

It was a pleasure!