Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15258 posts
20538 upvotes
Vancouver

The foreign currency credit cards thread

I maintain this thread:
list-credit-cards-foreign-currency-tran ... 122295/23/

RFDer @rhw123 mentioned here that a post he tried to make in that thread went "into the moderation queue". It looks like his post finally showed up in my thread some time later. But his reply didn't bump the thread up to the top of the credit card forum, it's still on page 4 with other threads that had their most recent posts two weeks ago.

I just posted a reply in the same thread and my post disappeared into the ether. What's going on with that thread?
5 replies
Aug 20, 2009
9159 posts
4506 upvotes
It's something in his post specifically tripping the filter and your post quoted his, that's why. I just quoted him and got the same thing, put into the approval queue. My other test messages go through fine without approval. I'm sure Tom will see this and can probably sort out what word combo was doing it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15258 posts
20538 upvotes
Vancouver
Redmask wrote: It's something in his post specifically tripping the filter and your post quoted his, that's why. I just quoted him and got the same thing, put into the approval queue. My other test messages go through fine without approval. I'm sure Tom will see this and can probably sort out what word combo was doing it.
Weird and mysterious! Thanks for looking in to it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
Kiraly wrote: Weird and mysterious! Thanks for looking in to it.
I had a post a couple weeks ago trip the word filter too. It was Flame Re*ardant... Be interesting to see what tripped for you.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16830 posts
32838 upvotes
Scarborough
Posts that include select keywords are held in the moderation queue before appearing on the site. This is to combat things like spam and inappropriate content.

The word(s) being flagged in this case were added due to referral spam from this business which recently became a problem on our site. We can't target keywords by forum yet, but it's something we hope to be able to add in a future update. We're continuously monitoring our keyword list and adjusting (both adding to and removing words) as necessary.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]