Real Estate

Forest Hill Condos at Bathurst and Eglinton - Good investment?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2019 12:59 pm
[OP]
Mar 29, 2016
139 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto

Forest Hill Condos at Bathurst and Eglinton - Good investment?

Hello RE Investors,
As you know the Forest Hill condos coming @ Bathurst and Eglinton with Direct Subway access. Avg. price of a detached home in forest hill area is ~3 mil or above.
Please advise if this would be a good investment opportunity?
Don't have the pricing/plan with me as of yet.
111 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1599 posts
2428 upvotes
Toronto
It all depends on pricing. I have a feeling it will be more expensive than everyone thinks.
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Feb 2, 2018
148 posts
39 upvotes
Says starting from the 300s however says starting from 350sqft unless I read it wrong.

This looks like a better investment than Danforth and main lynx condos..due to closer access to 401 and offcourse direct subway access. Thoughts?

Edit: anyone know the rent in this area for 1B?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1599 posts
2428 upvotes
Toronto
Jumanji12 wrote: Says starting from the 300s however says starting from 350sqft unless I read it wrong.

This looks like a better investment than Danforth and main lynx condos..due to closer access to 401 and offcourse direct subway access. Thoughts?

Edit: anyone know the rent in this area for 1B?
Buy both? May have to buy this one too. Linx has better access to downtown because of the GO station, but Forest Hill is one of the wealthiest areas in the city. But, we still need to see concrete pricing for the Forest Hill.
Aug 11, 2019
164 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
Waiting on pricing. But the developer has about 3 projects in toronto coming out in 2020, so hopefully they price forest hill right to move the inventory as quickly as possible.
Full Time Realtor
GTA & Surrounding Areas
Feb 2, 2018
148 posts
39 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: Buy both? May have to buy this one too. Linx has better access to downtown because of the GO station, but Forest Hill is one of the wealthiest areas in the city. But, we still need to see concrete pricing for the Forest Hill.
Only have the funds for one. :/. Prices will keep going up? I am assuming due to the influx of people coming and lack of RE.

Edit: Can these be reassigned? No need to close ?
[OP]
Mar 29, 2016
139 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Jumanji12 wrote: Only have the funds for one. :/. Prices will keep going up? I am assuming due to the influx of people coming and lack of RE.

Edit: Can these be reassigned? No need to close ?
You can ask the builder (CenterCourt development) if there is any assignment clause on occupancy period.
Usually there is a fee involve, but it all depends on builder to builder.
Also do not forget to ask for development charges during final closing.
If you planning to rent this out, you have to pay HST out of pocket and get the refund from CRA showing 1 - year lease. Be prepare to have good amount of funds during closing.
[OP]
Mar 29, 2016
139 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
received below email from my agent now reg this project

"we have few bank drafts for reservations already, without seeing the floor plans. Well, with CentreCourt Developments, you won't worry about the floor plans anyway, their floor plans are always the best in town."
Apr 5, 2017
435 posts
63 upvotes
casanova2001 wrote: received below email from my agent now reg this project

"we have few bank drafts for reservations already, without seeing the floor plans. Well, with CentreCourt Developments, you won't worry about the floor plans anyway, their floor plans are always the best in town."
If it is that great, why the agents themseves not buy them all. or the developer increases the price
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12551 posts
7754 upvotes
casanova2001 wrote: received below email from my agent now reg this project

This is all nonsense. They’re just trying to build more hype.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1599 posts
2428 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote: This is all nonsense. They’re just trying to build more hype.
Can this project actually be priced at a $1,000 like a lot of people are claiming? Everyone is talking about this project and Yonge and Eg pre-con is in the 1100-1200s now.

I’d buy this at a $1,000, but sounds way too good to be true.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
1580 posts
531 upvotes
Markham
I was told this development sold out on weekend, direct subway access always has its perks I guess. I drove that area and it seem quite ghetto TBH, but then I went home and looked at the real estate prices lol.
[FS] BNWT Bellfield Faux Fur Trim Parka

Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1599 posts
2428 upvotes
Toronto
kangarooz wrote: I was told this development sold out on weekend.
Can you clarify please.