Expired Hot Deals

[Fortinos] Pampers Pure Diapers (Store Sale + Optimum Special Offer (YMMV?) + PC Insiders + Coupons) [Price Match Elsewhere YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 10:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1014 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto

[Fortinos] Pampers Pure Diapers (Store Sale + Optimum Special Offer (YMMV?) + PC Insiders + Coupons) [Price Match Elsewhere YMMV]

Fortinos has Pampers Pure Diaper Boxes on sale for 19.99 this week. It is stackable with the following bonuses:
  • There is also a PC Optimum Special Offer of 6000 pts /$20 spent on Pampers Pure Diapers ($19.99 rounds up to $20 for point calculation). EDIT: May be YMMV, it seems?
  • If you have PC Insiders, this may be the last (or second last) hurrah for the 20% points back for Diapers/Formula perk (ends October 8, 2020).
  • There is a $3 off Pampers Pure Diapers coupon on smartsource.ca that you can get multiples of in regular/incognito/different browsers.
  • ALSO, if there isn't a Fortinos nearby, I believe Fortinos can be price matched at some other stores (e.g., SuperStore price matches any Loblaws banner stores, but usually it's a limit of 4)
So...
6x 19.99 = 119.94 * 5% tax - $18 coupons = $107.94
+ 24600 pts (PC Insiders) + 36000 pts for (Special Offer) = 60,600 total points

I bought 6x boxes for a net loss of 47.34 ($107.94 - $60.60 pts value), which is $7.89/box after tax... $7.51/box pre-tax... not bad!

EDIT: I've included my receipt and blacked out about $10 of other stuff I purchased in the same transaction (in case you're wondering why the total is higher than reported).
20200910_230658.jpg
Screenshot_20200910-093121_PC Optimum.jpg
Screenshot_20200910-225427_PC Express.jpg
Last edited by lynn24 on Sep 11th, 2020 1:33 am, edited 14 times in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1546 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Haven't seen one of these diaper threads since March. Glad to see once again.
Nov 3, 2003
459 posts
111 upvotes
Knowhere
PC Optimum point offer seems to be YMMV. I don't see it.

But appreciate the post. Thanks OP!
I'm an AT&T Customer 😉
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
1385 posts
164 upvotes
Calgary
How come your pc offer says “loaded”? Did you add it somehow? It doesn’t come up for me.

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1014 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto
shinsky wrote: PC Optimum point offer seems to be YMMV. I don't see it.

But appreciate the post. Thanks OP!
I thought the "Special Offers" (indicated with reddish-pink box) were more widely given out the week they're given out (from past generations deals I followed), but I guess it could also be quite YMMV!
LeafsWillWin wrote: How come your pc offer says “loaded”? Did you add it somehow? It doesn’t come up for me.

Thanks
I just rechecked my PC Optimum app and all the offers there say loaded, but seems like they're automatically loaded every Thursday as I haven't done anything special for this particular one!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1014 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto
Stabilo7 wrote: How does the cost after points and all compare to cheaper pampers?
A bit of a loaded question as each size has a different quantity... but I did notice the current batch in stores have more than before!

Newborn was 68, now 76
Size 1 was 74, now 82
Size 2 was 68, now 74
Size 3 was 60, now 66
Size 4 was 52, now 58
Size 5 was 44, now 48
Size 6 was 38, now 42

I think it also depends on the price point of the "cheaper" ones... there's been some decent sales for other varieties in the past! (SmartSource also has coupons for Swaddlers and Cruisers, but nothing for Baby Dry right now)

I did notice SuperStore seems to have stock for bigger sized boxes of Pampers Pure, but the $3 coupon would also have a smaller impact...
Images
  • Screenshot_20200911-012248_PC Express.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2117 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess as an example... Size 4...58 diapers of pure for 7.50. vs baby dry 28$ for 148. So a bit cheaper for supposedly better diapers. Honestly we have found all diapers to be pretty much the same. Blow outs seem to be user error haha
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1621 posts
3597 upvotes
The $3 coupon says sizes 1, 2 or 3 only. Weird and bummer since I need a size 4 or 5.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1014 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto
Stabilo7 wrote: I guess as an example... Size 4...58 diapers of pure for 7.50. vs baby dry 28$ for 148. So a bit cheaper for supposedly better diapers. Honestly we have found all diapers to be pretty much the same. Blow outs seem to be user error haha
Gotcha. I do think the Pure line is not a bad one to stock up on a few smaller sizes for new babies though (especially at this price point). I've heard of some babies having reactions to the "normal" lines that have more chemicals/fragrance, so at least these ones are literally as pure as you can get for this brand.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a decent stackable deal for Swaddlers/Baby Dry before PC Insider's 20% back for diapers/formula ends this month... I need to stock up on some more and have a few higher value coupons waiting on standby! Disappointed But Relieved Face
Last edited by lynn24 on Sep 11th, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1014 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto
Krime1k wrote: The $3 coupon says sizes 1, 2 or 3 only. Weird and bummer since I need a size 4 or 5.
"Save $3.00
when you buy any ONE Pampers Pure OR Swaddlers Diapers size 1, 2 or 3 (excludes trial/travel size, value/gift/bonus packs)
"

Size 1,2,3 Swaddlers! Size 4+ Swaddlers has a different coupon ($2.00 I think). The $3 one is good for the entire Pampers Pure line! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1621 posts
3597 upvotes
lynn24 wrote: Size 1,2,3 Swaddlers! Size 4+ Swaddlers has a different coupon ($2.00 I think). The $3 one is good for the entire Pampers Pure line! :)
Great thanks!
Aug 21, 2020
22 posts
5 upvotes
Here in the west the pack is at $22.98. Interesting how your PC insider points and the Pamper Pure offer were calculated based on the price before coupons were deducted.

In the past i tried and found the PC insider and offers were based on post coupon prices. I don’t know if that’s a store specific thing or east-west thing...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1014 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto
Zzzzzzzzz wrote: Here in the west the pack is at $22.98. Interesting how your PC insider points and the Pamper Pure offer were calculated based on the price before coupons were deducted.

In the past i tried and found the PC insider and offers were based on post coupon prices. I don’t know if that’s a store specific thing or east-west thing...
I guess it's probably based on the system? The coupons seem like they're a generic manufacturer coupon input, so the system doesn't detect it being attached to a particular item in the transaction? Not that I'm complaining though. :)

As for the box going for 22.98, I guess it really depends on which Loblaws owned store goes on sale for the week, East/West... hopefully another store has it on sale and can be priced matched!
Aug 21, 2020
22 posts
5 upvotes
lynn24 wrote: I guess it's probably based on the system? The coupons seem like they're a generic manufacturer coupon input, so the system doesn't detect it being attached to a particular item in the transaction? Not that I'm complaining though. :)

As for the box going for 22.98, I guess it really depends on which Loblaws owned store goes on sale for the week, East/West... hopefully another store has it on sale and can be priced matched!
You are right! I tried yesterday, and this time the points were calculated before coupon deductions. I bought two boxes of the larger size (on sale for $29.98) and got 18000 points back for Pamper pure. With the additional 12000 points back on PC insider and 5000 points back for spending over $20 (coupon for spending at RCSS between Sep 11 to 13), each box worked out to be around $10.

It is a great deal! I should have bought more boxes! I didn’t think the coupon trick would work, so I only bought two... hopefully there will be another decent deal before PC insider baby deals are over.