• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 1:49 pm
Tags:
Oct 17, 2012
981 posts
802 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote: I've got some good news to share! Over the past week or so I've been having in-depth talks with both our web and mobile app developers to look into possible ways to restore the Forums app to a usable state again. We were able to identify the issue with not being able to properly log in via the Android app, and are pushing out an update soon which should fix that problem.

Look for the update soon and please let us know here or via our contact us page whether it worked for you or not.

Unfortunately I have no news on iOS right now, but we're still looking into that so there's still a chance we'll also be able to restore that app to a usable state. Please remember though that the app is still technically discontinued, but based on your feedback we wanted to try to make it usable again as a stop-gap solution until we move forward with our regular forums mobile project in 2021.
Works for me!! Thank you! This is amazing
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1259 posts
779 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Yes please bring it back I find the regular app very frustrating when browsing hot deals you can't auto load last page/post.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1042 posts
507 upvotes
Scarborough
TomRFD wrote: I've got some good news to share! Over the past week or so I've been having in-depth talks with both our web and mobile app developers to look into possible ways to restore the Forums app to a usable state again. We were able to identify the issue with not being able to properly log in via the Android app, and are pushing out an update soon which should fix that problem.

Look for the update soon and please let us know here or via our contact us page whether it worked for you or not.

Unfortunately I have no news on iOS right now, but we're still looking into that so there's still a chance we'll also be able to restore that app to a usable state. Please remember though that the app is still technically discontinued, but based on your feedback we wanted to try to make it usable again as a stop-gap solution until we move forward with our regular forums mobile project in 2021.
Thank you very much for your help @TomRFD . It's great to see the app up again.

I was enrolled in the beta program and the update hasn't been pushed. When I left the program it went trough. Also you can't install the app using the command from the desktop version of Google Play. It's more an info for the other RFD-ers. I am very happy to see the app working.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5025 posts
5822 upvotes

Awesome, works on my Android Forum app. Surprised to see the update in my Play Store and updated it immediately!
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1259 posts
779 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
BB88 wrote: Awesome, works on my Android Forum app. Surprised to see the update in my Play Store and updated it immediately!
What version are you using? Still no luck on this end finding it on Play Store trying to download from apk pure.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5904 posts
5119 upvotes
canucks4life wrote: What version are you using? Still no luck on this end finding it on Play Store trying to download from apk pure.
Version 1.11.7
Oct 17, 2012
981 posts
802 upvotes
Vancouver
canucks4life wrote:
What version are you using? Still no luck on this end finding it on Play Store trying to download from apk pure.
I had Uninstalled when it stopped working so the update wasn't easily accessible with a Play store search as it's no longer listed. But I found it in past purchases "library" where you can see all previously downloaded apps.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3242 posts
3147 upvotes
Alberta
I can't thank @TomRFD and team enough for this! Many thanks!
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14154 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
I don't have any news on the iOS Forums app to share yet, but we're still hoping to be able to restore that app to a functional state through a website update.

Also, the timeline to update the main app to include native forums (not a web view) could possibly be bumped up to later this year (as opposed to sometime in 2021). When I get a more clear picture of what's going on, I'll share another update on that.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17996 posts
5343 upvotes
Toronto
You guys are making me want to try the app again ...

I generally don't like running apps because they either drain more of my battery or use more of my data.
I want to try some of these features so maybe I will give it a whirl again ...

Personally though, I've been very happy using the mobile site. It's a bare bones forum and that's what I love because I tend to consume a lot of content of RFD. I need to get in and out of the site and often.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Feb 16, 2011
188 posts
93 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: You guys are making me want to try the app again ...

I generally don't like running apps because they either drain more of my battery or use more of my data.

Personally though, I've been very happy using the mobile site. It's a bare bones forum and that's what I love because I tend to consume a lot of content of RFD. I need to get in and out of the site and often.
Forum app is much easier to use if you are looking for just that - forums
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3242 posts
3147 upvotes
Alberta
DaVibe wrote: You guys are making me want to try the app again ...

The forums app will make your process infinitely easier to consume and stay up to date IMO.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19563 posts
4171 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
The Forums App is working again! Dark Mode!!

I know I've been quick to criticize RFD over a lot of things, but it looks like they got this one right for now. Thank you!
- Casual Gastronomist -