Take extra 40% Off sale styles

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 12:13 pm
3 replies
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
107 posts
284 upvotes
Doesn't work on the cheapest watch on sale. That's a negative for me sir.
Oct 14, 2015
357 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
So I have to say that I've had the worst experience with Fossil compared to other retailers. Their customer service was/is outsourced to Guatemala which would be fine if they didn't royally mess up my post-order service. On the first sale I ordered a Bannon watch, engraved. The watch feels very cheap, but for $54, i thought I'd keep it (taxes inc). However, it was impossible to size it. Of course the stores were closed and so they suggested sending it back, postage paid, which I did. 2 *months* later I received it back with 2 links removed one ONE side, vs 1 from both sides, as requested and written very clearly inside the box as well, and they managed to bend the pin - why? because they're junk. The materials feel cheap and so does the watch - looks cheap too. They also managed to scratch it and return it without the gift tin, which I wasn't told to exclude from the parcel. Sadly, I had to request a return and they just processed that (3 weeks later), but also required calling twice!
I had also ordered 2 wallets, both with engraving, but of course, neither came embossed - so they also suggested to send it back to be embossed - but as soon as they received it I received an email "your order has been returned and refunded" uhhh so of course the sale was over and one of the wallets I wanted wasn't available, so they told me to pick 2 and they'd adjust the price. needless to say the price adjustment refund took 3 calls to Guatemala and 4 weeks of waiting after I received the wallets. IMO, the wallets are good at 50+ % off, but the watches are pure junk and feel/look that way. Save yourself the hassle.
Images
  • pic 02.jpeg
  • pic01.jpeg
Banned
Apr 27, 2014
1327 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TimTaylor wrote: So I have to say that I've had the worst experience with Fossil compared to other retailers. Their customer service was/is outsourced to Guatemala which would be fine if they didn't royally mess up my post-order service. On the first sale I ordered a Bannon watch, engraved. The watch feels very cheap, but for $54, i thought I'd keep it (taxes inc). However, it was impossible to size it. Of course the stores were closed and so they suggested sending it back, postage paid, which I did. 2 *months* later I received it back with 2 links removed one ONE side, vs 1 from both sides, as requested and written very clearly inside the box as well, and they managed to bend the pin - why? because they're junk. The materials feel cheap and so does the watch - looks cheap too. They also managed to scratch it and return it without the gift tin, which I wasn't told to exclude from the parcel. Sadly, I had to request a return and they just processed that (3 weeks later), but also required calling twice!
I had also ordered 2 wallets, both with engraving, but of course, neither came embossed - so they also suggested to send it back to be embossed - but as soon as they received it I received an email "your order has been returned and refunded" uhhh so of course the sale was over and one of the wallets I wanted wasn't available, so they told me to pick 2 and they'd adjust the price. needless to say the price adjustment refund took 3 calls to Guatemala and 4 weeks of waiting after I received the wallets. IMO, the wallets are good at 50+ % off, but the watches are pure junk and feel/look that way. Save yourself the hassle.
YMMV, but I've had nothing but good experiences with Fossil. I thought their customer service was exceptional, they were out of stock for one of my items and they told me once it comes back to place an order and to call them and they adjusted the price before the item even got shipped (this was a month or so after my initial order). They always honor their price mistakes, people on here myself included got the gen 5 for 150~ taxes in even though everyone knew codes shouldn't stack and no one said their order got cancelled. Don't know about their wallets but depending on the price you pay for your watch you do get quality. This was all pre-covid so if your experience was recent then they could be facing issues with their warehouses/service centers which could be why your experience probably wasn't what many others would say is good customer service.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)