Expired Hot Deals

[Fossil] Fossil Gen 5 GEN 5 SMARTWATCH THE CARLYLE HR BLACK STAINLESS STEEL (with Brown and Black Leather Bands) CDN $207.78

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2020 4:57 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2017
31 posts
65 upvotes

[Fossil] Fossil Gen 5 GEN 5 SMARTWATCH THE CARLYLE HR BLACK STAINLESS STEEL (with Brown and Black Leather Bands) CDN $207.78

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Fossil
More offers from Fossil
Just picked up the Fossil Carlyle Gen 5 Black Stainless Steel with Brown and Black Leather strap added on. I know there are a lot of fossil stuff on here but this seems so far better than the previous ones I've seen, although I know there was a really good deal a few months ago but not sure if this is better.

It is on sale for $262 from $455 and the SeeYa code worked for an additional 30%. I believe this is a pretty good deal but I'm not 100% sure, but I know the gen 5 black stainless steel on its own is not on sale so its weird that this one is cheaper. After tax it came to $207.78.

Note that fossil shipping is excruciatingly slow, my Fossil sport that I got took a week and a half to ship from Mississauga.
17 replies
Dec 27, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
Nice catch! But mine was charge 211.40 CAD$ Seem no tax have been applied - I'm in Quebec.
Nov 19, 2007
242 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP. Ordered (C$ 193.08) in Alberta

Updated: mine was cancelled
Last edited by WasabiTDi on Sep 30th, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 22, 2019
121 posts
186 upvotes
Looks good to me. This was what I was looking for too! $207 confirmed!
Oct 25, 2018
815 posts
797 upvotes
Raktuen is 2.5% CB too.

Have it in the cart $205 buuuuut reading all the reviews and stats online about the barely 1 day at best battery life is a no from me dawg.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3903 posts
1481 upvotes
MikeB84225 wrote: Raktuen is 2.5% CB too.

Have it in the cart $205 buuuuut reading all the reviews and stats online about the barely 1 day at best battery life is a no from me dawg.
How often do you wear your watch (or phone) for 24hrs+ straight?

I get about 18-24hrs battery life on my watch with always-on display and whatnot. Since the wellness app came out, with sleep "tracking", I charge for about 30 minutes while I get ready for bed and that's usually more than enough to bump back up to 100%.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1757 posts
953 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
None of the women's Gen 5 are discounted. :(
44mm on my wrist is just too big. I have the women's 42mm Moto 360 and that is still huge for me.
Oct 25, 2018
815 posts
797 upvotes
hvc wrote: How often do you wear your watch (or phone) for 24hrs+ straight?

I get about 18-24hrs battery life on my watch with always-on display and whatnot. Since the wellness app came out, with sleep "tracking", I charge for about 30 minutes while I get ready for bed and that's usually more than enough to bump back up to 100%.
Pebble Time Steel was once a week and my Garmin is once every 5 days or so...

Do you have this Gen 5 watch?
18-24 hours of screen on time isn't bad...other reviews were struggling to get a work day worth in which would be beyond useless to me!

18-24 though...that's tempting!
Sep 14, 2009
154 posts
198 upvotes
I have the Gen 5 as well.
The new update makes battery much better. I can go from 7am - 11pm ish.

However with the new update on sleep tracking, I charge when I take a shower and getting ready for work, the quick charge for 30min goes pretty much full.
Then I just wear it for 24hrs overnight for the sleep tracking.

No issues.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3903 posts
1481 upvotes
MikeB84225 wrote: Pebble Time Steel was once a week and my Garmin is once every 5 days or so...

Do you have this Gen 5 watch?
18-24 hours of screen on time isn't bad...other reviews were struggling to get a work day worth in which would be beyond useless to me!

18-24 though...that's tempting!
It only takes like an hour to charge 0-100% or something, so I mean I'm not fussed by having to charge once per day. Like I said, I charge for 30 minutes before bed while I probably wouldn't wear the watch anyways and I'm back up to 100%.

I can go from 10pm-7 or 8pm the next day without charging. I'm at 48% right now and been wearing it since 11pm EST last night (100% charge), so 52% 13 hours of use.
Aug 30, 2007
17 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
I've been toying with the idea of a gen5 fossil smartwatch being a total techie but I'd stay away from any Android wear stuff. Google hasn't been supporting android wear in the last few years I would sa. The barely one day battery life is way below standard these days. Also the software from my readings is still clunky and like I mentioned not well supported. A disappointing effort by Google IMO if you even want to call it an effort. I recently had a Garmin Venu and sold that. Going to switch to the new FitBit Versa 3 or Fitbit Sense. I think you'll be disappointed with the fossil gen 5 offerings if your looking for a good smartwatch experience.
Oct 25, 2018
815 posts
797 upvotes
tranh2 wrote: I've been toying with the idea of a gen5 fossil smartwatch being a total techie but I'd stay away from any Android wear stuff. Google hasn't been supporting android wear in the last few years I would sa. The barely one day battery life is way below standard these days. Also the software from my readings is still clunky and like I mentioned not well supported. A disappointing effort by Google IMO if you even want to call it an effort. I recently had a Garmin Venu and sold that. Going to switch to the new FitBit Versa 3 or Fitbit Sense. I think you'll be disappointed with the fossil gen 5 offerings if your looking for a good smartwatch experience.
I have the Garmin Vivomove HR and 5 day battery life is the reason why I went with it but I don't think it's Wear from Google or whatever it is called...is it?

That's acceptable battery life for me but I have a hybrid Fossil arriving tomorrow but the Gen5 watch looks sold out so decision has been made for me, lol