Toronto

Fossil Sport Smartwatches $260 In-Store & Online

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
May 5, 2019
Retailer:
Fossil
Not as good of a deal as their BF promotion last year, but the best in recent months.
$260 for the Fossil Sport in 43mm and 41mm. Regular price is $365.

Another promotion (that cannot be applied to the already marked down $260 Smartwatches):
TAKE 25% OFF* YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE
Use code: YAY25

In stores & online. Ends 05/05
Last edited by jade12 on May 1st, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Apr 3, 2008
243 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Can I use this smart watch for making phone calls (like the Apple Watch)?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6128 posts
4740 upvotes
ravage wrote: Can I use this smart watch for making phone calls (like the Apple Watch)?
No and it looks stupid talking to your watch imho.

Review:
https://www.androidauthority.com/fossil ... ew-950666/

TLDR, if you have used Android watches in the past, this isn't that much different.

Also, not sure what Google see in Fossil when they bought them back in Jan. Apparently it's for some new tech that hasn't hit market yet.
Last edited by Xtrema on May 1st, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 14, 2007
905 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
The battery on these only last a day?

"With a battery life that can last the day with you, your watch is ready to keep you connected. When you're running low, low-power mode kicks in to keep your watch going as long as possible"
Apr 18, 2017
681 posts
1326 upvotes
I tried one of these and can't find a single reason to spend more than the $50 for the Wear24, at least with the way AW currently works.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1974 posts
1717 upvotes
Toronto
Andyc416 wrote: your better off trying to find a Gear Fit2 at thesource (YMMV, low stock) unless you want something more stylish

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/health-- ... /108071111

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/health-- ... /108071112
How? Unless I'm really out of the loop, Fit2 is just a fitness track, while Fossil's are proper smart watch?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1553 posts
1963 upvotes
rajojomanik wrote: The battery on these only last a day?

"With a battery life that can last the day with you, your watch is ready to keep you connected. When you're running low, low-power mode kicks in to keep your watch going as long as possible"
That's pretty standard
Nov 16, 2015
598 posts
1124 upvotes
Toronto, ON
neonic wrote: How? Unless I'm really out of the loop, Fit2 is just a fitness track, while Fossil's are proper smart watch?
It’s a smart watch. One of the few that can do Spotify offline
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3182 posts
662 upvotes
Vancouver
Andyc416 wrote: It’s a smart watch. One of the few that can do Spotify offline
Is this a new development? I thought spotify offline isn't available for android wear. And by offline I mean the watch is able to download music and play it w/o being tethered to the watch.
Aug 7, 2013
803 posts
212 upvotes
GTA
I really like the Explorist HR model but my concern with these watches is the battery life. Very mixed reviews on this. Anyone have it that can comment on battery life?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1333 posts
993 upvotes
Toronto
Battery life is not an issue at all. I keep the screen off.
Nov 4, 2013
224 posts
175 upvotes
North York, ON
I've used this since launch and the battery has been fantastic. I start my day at 7am and at 10pm the battery life is around 30%. This is with AOD (always on display) and lift-to-wake active. I'm a light user, only using it for notifications.

One downside is that the watch ui is not as snappy as you might expect with the newer snapdragon processor(even though the newest variant is more about battery than speed).
Aug 7, 2013
803 posts
212 upvotes
GTA
contactgreg wrote: I've used this since launch and the battery has been fantastic. I start my day at 7am and at 10pm the battery life is around 30%. This is with AOD (always on display) and lift-to-wake active. I'm a light user, only using it for notifications.

One downside is that the watch ui is not as snappy as you might expect with the newer snapdragon processor(even though the newest variant is more about battery than speed).
I wonder if the battery is just as good in the Explorist HR model compared to the sport model. Anyone know?