Hot Deals

[fossil] Gen 5 Smartwatch The Carlyle HR Black Stainless Steel $205

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2020 12:05 pm
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2020
16 posts
37 upvotes

Gen 5 Smartwatch The Carlyle HR Black Stainless Steel $205

Deal Link:
Savings:
30%
Expiry:
July 12, 2020
Retailer:
fossil
Most items on the site are 30% off with the code on the site.

Found the Gen 5 Smartwatch The Carlyle HR Black Stainless Steel for around $205 after taxes

Look around the site, there are some other gen 5 on sale too

Ebates 2.5% or swagbucks 2%

Edit: found these two that works with the promo code. Posted screnshots

Edit 2: most gen 5 that works with code is oos.
the blue gen5 is on Amazon for around $236 not as great deal tho
The hybrid works with the code tho screenshot below
Images
  • Screenshot_20200706-164736.png
  • Screenshot_20200707-055749.png
  • Screenshot_20200707-055708.png
  • Screenshot_20200707-213449.png
Last edited by Jepboi on Jul 8th, 2020 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
49 replies
Newbie
Jun 19, 2016
13 posts
4 upvotes
vancouver
Thanks for sharing. Bought one too, hope they ship it as per terms and conditions of sale, it does not apply to smartwatches. "Offer not valid on the purchase of touchscreen smartwatches, refurbished smartwatches..."

Tried on other smartwatches, code doesn't work, only this particular band and watch package.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2012
3775 posts
3241 upvotes
Richmond Hill
adaptivemind wrote: Thanks for sharing. Bought one too, hope they ship it as per terms and conditions of sale, it does not apply to smartwatches. "Offer not valid on the purchase of touchscreen smartwatches, refurbished smartwatches..."

Tried on other smartwatches, code doesn't work, only this particular band and watch package.
They shipped it last time for cheaper, so they'll probably let this go too.
Sr. Member
Oct 22, 2006
600 posts
241 upvotes
Is it a single band or set of 3 bands with the watch.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1092 posts
709 upvotes
Toronto
Worth it to upgrade from Gen4 to Gen5?
Jr. Member
Jun 21, 2008
103 posts
50 upvotes
North Vancouver
yesnomaybe wrote: Worth it to upgrade from Gen4 to Gen5?
Yes depending on the extra cost as Gen 5 have the newer 3100 cpu & 1G ram & a speaker with the cpu/ram eliminating lag issues.
For reference i ordered the Sport to try this all out at a lower price point as I didn't want to spend quite as much as the Gen 5.

The Gen 5 have the newer 3100 processor (similar main cpu chips Cortex A7 but with an added low energy processor) & 1G ram which apparently eliminates lag.
The sport are like gen 4.5. They have the newer 3100 CPU but still have 512 ram which is ok. Some people report that Sport works well & some say there's some lag (perhaps they have too many apps running?). It is also waterproof to 5ATM which is more than Gen 4 or Gen 5 (3ATM).
The Gen 4 have 2100 processor (which still had the Cortex A7 but no extra low power chip) & the 512 ram.

(PS: Qualcomm just announced a new chipset (4100 & + based on newer chips cortex A53) but it'll be while before they appear in watches & then unlikely to be discounted much).
The other aspect is Google's Wear OS which receives less attention than android for phones. But maybe with their purchase of Fitbit they intend to do more.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
1716 posts
981 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Few months ago. Didn't bunch of people on RFD buy Fossil Smartwatches and then majority returned them? Because watch was POS? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8131 posts
4504 upvotes
Toronto
chilli604 wrote: Few months ago. Didn't bunch of people on RFD buy Fossil Smartwatches and then majority returned them? Because watch was POS? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I think that was the refurbished Sport model, which has less RAM and bad battery life.
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2020
16 posts
37 upvotes
warhawk wrote: Is it a single band or set of 3 bands with the watch.
I'm pretty sure it comes with 2 other bands
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
1716 posts
981 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Angultra wrote: I think that was the refurbished Sport model, which has less RAM and bad battery life.
Hmm, Fossil had a big sale as the Pademic was happening. Back in April?

Maybe it was the Fossil 4. Either way. Lots of returns for a reason. Buyer Beware.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1090 posts
565 upvotes
Ajax
chilli604 wrote: Few months ago. Didn't bunch of people on RFD buy Fossil Smartwatches and then majority returned them? Because watch was POS? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Stay away from Fossil smart watches. They have a known issue where once they get wet (i.e. hand washing) the glue that holds the sensor on the back of the watch will start to come off. Happened to my wife’s, my sister in-law’s and mine within a span of 6 months to a year. Contacted Fossil and they admitted that it is a known issue (google it). They will fix while under warrenty for 2 years however I had to pay for shipping to Brampton and then they ship the watch out to Austin Texas for repairs and then ship it back to you within 4-6 weeks. My wife’s watch took 5 weeks and my sister in law’s and mine took 6 weeks. They fixed the issue but a bit of an inconvenience and since mine was fixed 6 months ago the glue on the back is starting to go again and it is coming off. They are advertised to withstand simple water use but not sure if that is really the case. My advice is to stay away from fossil smart watches.
Jr. Member
Feb 24, 2009
117 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
I was tempted but looked in to the battery life , most people struggle to get a day out of it with a lot of options turned off.
Newbie
Aug 5, 2019
74 posts
71 upvotes
How is the bezel on the gen 5? The bezel on the gen 4 sport is horrendous.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2019
652 posts
593 upvotes
covabwoy wrote: Stay away from Fossil smart watches. They have a known issue where once they get wet (i.e. hand washing) the glue that holds the sensor on the back of the watch will start to come off. Happened to my wife’s, my sister in-law’s and mine within a span of 6 months to a year. Contacted Fossil and they admitted that it is a known issue (google it). They will fix while under warrenty for 2 years however I had to pay for shipping to Brampton and then they ship the watch out to Austin Texas for repairs and then ship it back to you within 4-6 weeks. My wife’s watch took 5 weeks and my sister in law’s and mine took 6 weeks. They fixed the issue but a bit of an inconvenience and since mine was fixed 6 months ago the glue on the back is starting to go again and it is coming off. They are advertised to withstand simple water use but not sure if that is really the case. My advice is to stay away from fossil smart watches.
A friend of mine had the same issue with his Gen 4 but just swapped it out at a Fossil store at the mall. At the time they didn't have any Gen 4 in stock so they gave him a Gen 5 instead. This was the first week the Gen 5 came out.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1245 posts
280 upvotes
Halifax
imtapan wrote: I was tempted but looked in to the battery life , most people struggle to get a day out of it with a lot of options turned off.
Which options will you use? I have a gen 5 and get a day/day and a half on a charge. I disable wifi and don't answer calls through my watch. I also have AOD enabled. Overall, I like the look of the watch, even though WearOS is only meh. If you have a Samsung phone, i'd get a version of the Galaxy watch. The biggest downfall when I got one was the fact tap to pay via watch only let you add a credit card, no debit. This is the biggest reason I use the Fossil, google pay has been more versatile. If you want the best smartwatch, get an Apple Watch, which only works with IOS.

Top