Expired Hot Deals

Fossil Q Explorist - Android Wear 2.0 Powered Smartwatch - $234.99 (Reg 335) - Bell Store. Multiple stores similar price

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2018 1:00 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3795 posts
1734 upvotes
Vancouver
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 11:18 am
isn't the $79 watch that is going on sale in Fossil hotter?
That's a hybrid. This is a full touchscreen smartwatch. For some the hybrid works.. I prefer the smartwatch.

Ron.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1489 upvotes
Montreal
newfbc wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 11:26 am
That's a hybrid. This is a full touchscreen smartwatch. For some the hybrid works.. I prefer the smartwatch.

Ron.
Since we are practically brothers now....by long distance watch owners... what are your pro/cons for the watch and what apps do you recommend?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1505 posts
310 upvotes
i would have gotten it in a heartbeat if it had gps and heart rate monitor but it doesn`t seem like neither venture nor explorist have them..
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1489 upvotes
Montreal
jessicacha wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 11:34 am
i would have gotten it in a heartbeat if it had gps and heart rate monitor but it doesn`t seem like neither venture nor explorist have them..
Props on the pun.

it has a gps doesn't it? i've used running tracking which uses GPS. I have not looked at if the watch itself has it, or it uses your phone.

The lack of heart rate does suck and limits some features. It is not a true activity tracker and is closer to business/casual wear. I do use mine for fitness tracking regardless of that. The sport model has a heart rate monitor, but sadly it does not have the same bold look as the Explorist.

After using it for awhile, the lack of heart rate monitor ended up being fine for me. I thought it would be a deal breaker but I was wrong. However, this could be due to all my previous trackers were terrible at reading heart rate.

Edit: I looked it up and you do require the phone as it uses the phones GPS to feed GPS data to the watch. I found this detail here: https://www.fossil.com/us/en/wearable-t ... orist.html
Last edited by MrEmoji on Jun 18th, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4750 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
neverhaveiever wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 11:20 am
which watch is that?
neverhaveiever wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 11:44 am
it has a gps doesn't it? i've used running tracking which uses GPS. I have not looked at if the watch itself has it, or it uses your phone.

The lack of heart rate does suck and limits some features. It is not a true activity tracker and is closer to business/casual wear. I do use mine for fitness tracking regardless of that. The sport model has a heart rate monitor, but sadly it does not have the same bold look as the Explorist.

After using it for awhile, the lack of heart rate monitor ended up being fine for me. I thought it would be a deal breaker but I was wrong. However, this could be due to all my previous trackers were terrible at reading heart rate.
I tried those heart rate monitor watches including fit bit charge 2.
None of them actually do it properly.
I realize the only way to get heart rate monitor while running are those that you actually attach something to your heart.
After I started using the hybrid watch, I love it.
I realize I don't need all the distraction from a full smart watch and still can get important notifications while I am away from my phone or have it on vibration.
Also, I don't really like charging the watch every night.
The hybrid doesn't needed to be charged and the battery last for 6 months!
Fossil found the balance between smart watch and normal watch.
$79 is a good price and it even comes with international warranty and lifetime free battery replacement.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Nov 27, 2014
232 posts
29 upvotes
North York, ON
Any idea what size of screen protector should i use?
Oct 21, 2017
123 posts
64 upvotes
Does this watch support google pay/android pay? If so, it's a really good price
AT&T 25GB
Mar 17, 2014
394 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
sirvar wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 1:52 am
not supported, also less than a day battery and 3+ hrs charging time is deal breaker for me, i bought Q hybrid and love it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8165 posts
3264 upvotes
Markham
These ones seem to have NFC which should theoretically work with Android Pay, but not sure if it's actually supported in Canada? Wear Pay support is different I think.
Dec 27, 2007
18344 posts
9519 upvotes
Kitchener
sirvar wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 1:52 am
No NFC, no Android pay.
For those not minding lack of manufacturer warranty on the Wear24 ($83 shipped from ebay) is very comparable to the explorist.
https://www.smartwatchspex.com/compare/g2B5vxFJMJ/
Disregard claimed NFC support, it was a promised feature never materialized by VZ (as the watch was prematurely discontinued). It has more memory, higher battery capacity and a built in GPS, the rest is fairly similar to the explorist.
Jul 23, 2011
402 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
The price point here made me look twice at this deal but in the end my wallet is safe..
I'm still loving my Huawei first gen watch which was an upgrade from an original LG android wear.. nothing about AW 2.0 excites me enough to fix what isn't broken yet.. confirmed android pay at this price point would have me seriously considering.. water proof at any price point and I'm all in..
Mar 6, 2018
35 posts
10 upvotes
just picked up mine, paid $198 taxes and everything included. they let me use the 25% email code in store as well.
Feb 4, 2017
81 posts
12 upvotes
kpuri1 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 11:40 am
just picked up mine, paid $198 taxes and everything included. they let me use the 25% email code in store as well.
Which store did you pick it up from? I was trying online on fossils website and it didnt let me.
Mar 6, 2018
35 posts
10 upvotes
bhushh009 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 1:41 pm
Which store did you pick it up from? I was trying online on fossils website and it didnt let me.
fossil store in mapleview mall, burlington onatrio. i am sure my local fossil store wouldve done it as well but i just like burlingtons customer service better.