Expired Hot Deals

Fossil Q Explorist - Android Wear 2.0 Powered Smartwatch - $234.99 (Reg 335) - Bell Store. Multiple stores similar price

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2018 1:00 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4134 posts
2139 upvotes
Vancouver
theflyingsquirrel wrote: isn't the $79 watch that is going on sale in Fossil hotter?
That's a hybrid. This is a full touchscreen smartwatch. For some the hybrid works.. I prefer the smartwatch.

Ron.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
newfbc wrote: That's a hybrid. This is a full touchscreen smartwatch. For some the hybrid works.. I prefer the smartwatch.

Ron.
Since we are practically brothers now....by long distance watch owners... what are your pro/cons for the watch and what apps do you recommend?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1642 posts
392 upvotes
i would have gotten it in a heartbeat if it had gps and heart rate monitor but it doesn`t seem like neither venture nor explorist have them..
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
jessicacha wrote: i would have gotten it in a heartbeat if it had gps and heart rate monitor but it doesn`t seem like neither venture nor explorist have them..
Props on the pun.

it has a gps doesn't it? i've used running tracking which uses GPS. I have not looked at if the watch itself has it, or it uses your phone.

The lack of heart rate does suck and limits some features. It is not a true activity tracker and is closer to business/casual wear. I do use mine for fitness tracking regardless of that. The sport model has a heart rate monitor, but sadly it does not have the same bold look as the Explorist.

After using it for awhile, the lack of heart rate monitor ended up being fine for me. I thought it would be a deal breaker but I was wrong. However, this could be due to all my previous trackers were terrible at reading heart rate.

Edit: I looked it up and you do require the phone as it uses the phones GPS to feed GPS data to the watch. I found this detail here: https://www.fossil.com/us/en/wearable-t ... orist.html
Last edited by MrEmoji on Jun 18th, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 6, 2010
5466 posts
2361 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
neverhaveiever wrote: which watch is that?
neverhaveiever wrote: it has a gps doesn't it? i've used running tracking which uses GPS. I have not looked at if the watch itself has it, or it uses your phone.

The lack of heart rate does suck and limits some features. It is not a true activity tracker and is closer to business/casual wear. I do use mine for fitness tracking regardless of that. The sport model has a heart rate monitor, but sadly it does not have the same bold look as the Explorist.

After using it for awhile, the lack of heart rate monitor ended up being fine for me. I thought it would be a deal breaker but I was wrong. However, this could be due to all my previous trackers were terrible at reading heart rate.
I tried those heart rate monitor watches including fit bit charge 2.
None of them actually do it properly.
I realize the only way to get heart rate monitor while running are those that you actually attach something to your heart.
After I started using the hybrid watch, I love it.
I realize I don't need all the distraction from a full smart watch and still can get important notifications while I am away from my phone or have it on vibration.
Also, I don't really like charging the watch every night.
The hybrid doesn't needed to be charged and the battery last for 6 months!
Fossil found the balance between smart watch and normal watch.
$79 is a good price and it even comes with international warranty and lifetime free battery replacement.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Member
Nov 27, 2014
243 posts
29 upvotes
North York, ON
Any idea what size of screen protector should i use?
Jr. Member
Oct 21, 2017
164 posts
97 upvotes
Does this watch support google pay/android pay? If so, it's a really good price
AT&T 25GB
Member
Mar 17, 2014
418 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
sirvar wrote: Does this watch support google pay/android pay? If so, it's a really good price
not supported, also less than a day battery and 3+ hrs charging time is deal breaker for me, i bought Q hybrid and love it.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8265 posts
3460 upvotes
Markham
These ones seem to have NFC which should theoretically work with Android Pay, but not sure if it's actually supported in Canada? Wear Pay support is different I think.
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
19718 posts
10776 upvotes
Kitchener
sirvar wrote: Does this watch support google pay/android pay? If so, it's a really good price
No NFC, no Android pay.
For those not minding lack of manufacturer warranty on the Wear24 ($83 shipped from ebay) is very comparable to the explorist.
https://www.smartwatchspex.com/compare/g2B5vxFJMJ/
Disregard claimed NFC support, it was a promised feature never materialized by VZ (as the watch was prematurely discontinued). It has more memory, higher battery capacity and a built in GPS, the rest is fairly similar to the explorist.
Member
Jul 23, 2011
463 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
The price point here made me look twice at this deal but in the end my wallet is safe..
I'm still loving my Huawei first gen watch which was an upgrade from an original LG android wear.. nothing about AW 2.0 excites me enough to fix what isn't broken yet.. confirmed android pay at this price point would have me seriously considering.. water proof at any price point and I'm all in..
Newbie
Mar 6, 2018
35 posts
11 upvotes
just picked up mine, paid $198 taxes and everything included. they let me use the 25% email code in store as well.
Jr. Member
Feb 4, 2017
113 posts
19 upvotes
kpuri1 wrote: just picked up mine, paid $198 taxes and everything included. they let me use the 25% email code in store as well.
Which store did you pick it up from? I was trying online on fossils website and it didnt let me.
Newbie
Mar 6, 2018
35 posts
11 upvotes
bhushh009 wrote: Which store did you pick it up from? I was trying online on fossils website and it didnt let me.
fossil store in mapleview mall, burlington onatrio. i am sure my local fossil store wouldve done it as well but i just like burlingtons customer service better.

Top