Fashion & Beauty

Found a great seamstress for hemming jeans and pants for cheap in Toronto/Scarborough

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 5:02 pm
Sep 25, 2012
58 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
I gave it to her yesterday August 7. She asked me if it's urgent and I want to pick it up soon. I said no :) So I'll pick it up on Monday August 11. Cash only and with tax :) It is still $4/jeans for cutting\hemming. She mentioned that she would charge $8/jeans if you want to alter the design (example from flare style to skinny style).
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2008
3215 posts
6905 upvotes
Oakville
Is there anyone in the Oakville area,I need a zipper replaced? :cry:
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1396 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
cns187 wrote: Agree, I get all my jeans euro hem unless youre buying a cheap pair of jeans it doesn't matter.

I go to this guy in Newmarket he does the job well been going to him for years. On Yonge and Mulock in the Mandarin Plaza.
Do you know the name of his shop in newmarket? What are his prices like?
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Nov 4, 2013
61 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I get my clothes done at Lawrence Ave E & Victoria Park. Pants are $5.99. Shop's usually open until 8PM. Turnaround time is usually a day. I had him alter the sleeves on a wool coat and he gave it back 2 days after. Try him if you're close the area. 647-340-0108. Look for Sam and tell him Carlo referred you.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2010
3296 posts
433 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…
PCDawg wrote: I had the sleeves shorten on the blazer. She removed the buttons to shorten the sleeve and reattached them. I had another jacket that she shortened and also made the arm sleeve less baggy by taking it in.

It was slightly over $10 for the work on the blazer.

You can call her to get a quote as she will give you pricing on the phone.
I'm assuming she doesn't shorten blazers from the shoulder?

Also, anyone else here have any experience with suit/blazer alterations from her?
Jun 13, 2008
704 posts
2 upvotes
gta
best places/tailors to taper jeans?

not many positive experiences for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1397 posts
86 upvotes
Has anyone been lately? How is she for tapering jeans?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
kimbot wrote: Has anyone been lately? How is she for tapering jeans?
Bump because I'm looking for recent results as I am in the market for a tailor to alter a few pairs of pants.

Also does anyone know what days she works and what are her working hours? Thanks.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
bazgrol0413 wrote: I get my clothes done at Lawrence Ave E & Victoria Park. Pants are $5.99. Shop's usually open until 8PM. Turnaround time is usually a day. I had him alter the sleeves on a wool coat and he gave it back 2 days after. Try him if you're close the area. 647-340-0108. Look for Sam and tell him Carlo referred you.
What is the store's name?
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Apr 17, 2013
921 posts
153 upvotes
Gta
Bumping this. Does Caroline still do hemming?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not sure as I tried to contact her but she didn't answer or txt back. She might have changed her number or something they think y won't acknowledge.

I found a store by bayview major mack that is very reasonable priced and similar to her pricing. Faster turn around.
Adelphi cleaners 10066 Bayview.
Apr 17, 2013
921 posts
153 upvotes
Gta
PCDawg wrote: I'm not sure as I tried to contact her but she didn't answer or txt back. She might have changed her number or something they think y won't acknowledge.

I found a store by bayview major mack that is very reasonable priced and similar to her pricing. Faster turn around.
Adelphi cleaners 10066 Bayview.
I called her.Will be going next weekend. 3 pants to hem and 2 to let out the legs
Nov 27, 2006
786 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto
Meditech82 wrote: I called her.Will be going next weekend. 3 pants to hem and 2 to let out the legs
You called Caroline Lee? Is that number in the OP still valid? Looking to get a pair of pants hemmed and her new location in North York would be super convenient...
Apr 17, 2013
921 posts
153 upvotes
Gta
rebjorne wrote: You called Caroline Lee? Is that number in the OP still valid? Looking to get a pair of pants hemmed and her new location in North York would be super convenient...
Yes. But I won't be going back. I took 6 pants to get altered. Three were brand new and just needed a them, One of the three still needs to be shortened. The other 3 I gave her are pants that I've had for a while and are too small now since I've been working out, so I asked her to let out the waist and the thighs.

I go to pick up my pants and she only let out the waist and not the thighs. I'm a reasonable person so I said I only needed one pair of pants (suit pant) for this weekend since I have a xmas party to attend. I texted her and no reply. Frigging terrible. Only reason I went to her was because my seamstress I've been going to for years is closed until January sometime.

Find someone else
Nov 27, 2006
786 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto
Meditech82 wrote: Yes. But I won't be going back. I took 6 pants to get altered. Three were brand new and just needed a them, One of the three still needs to be shortened. The other 3 I gave her are pants that I've had for a while and are too small now since I've been working out, so I asked her to let out the waist and the thighs.

I go to pick up my pants and she only let out the waist and not the thighs. I'm a reasonable person so I said I only needed one pair of pants (suit pant) for this weekend since I have a xmas party to attend. I texted her and no reply. Frigging terrible. Only reason I went to her was because my seamstress I've been going to for years is closed until January sometime.

Find someone else
I ended up going to a place around Hwy 7 & Valleymede, All Cleaners, because they got great reviews on Yelp (https://www.yelp.ca/biz/all-cleaners-richmond-hill)

A previous reviewer had said that hemming was $7 but I got quoted $10 tax in which I felt was kind of expensive for just casual pants, not even dress/suit pants. They're like a stretchy legging pant material.

I will give them 5 stars for speed though, dropped them off today around 12:30pm and got a text at 5:08pm telling me that they were ready.
Apr 17, 2013
921 posts
153 upvotes
Gta
rebjorne wrote: I ended up going to a place around Hwy 7 & Valleymede, All Cleaners, because they got great reviews on Yelp (https://www.yelp.ca/biz/all-cleaners-richmond-hill)

A previous reviewer had said that hemming was $7 but I got quoted $10 tax in which I felt was kind of expensive for just casual pants, not even dress/suit pants. They're like a stretchy legging pant material.

I will give them 5 stars for speed though, dropped them off today around 12:30pm and got a text at 5:08pm telling me that they were ready.
Thats a crazy turn around time. The tailor at Spier and Mackay also charges 10 bucks per pant. As long as you're not altering 5 or more at a time I would'nt mind. I was desperate because all my dress are too tight and have holes in them so I was in a bind. Ah well lesson learned
Nov 17, 2006
425 posts
33 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rebjorne wrote: I ended up going to a place around Hwy 7 & Valleymede, All Cleaners, because they got great reviews on Yelp (https://www.yelp.ca/biz/all-cleaners-richmond-hill)

I was actually planning on going there on Monday to see if they can do a bit more challenging alterations, specifically making my older trousers that are slightly baggy and long to make them more slim fitted and tapered at the leg, essentially getting it hemmed + slimmer tapering with smaller leg opening. I will be bringing them just one trouser to do this to test out the waters and if they do a good job I will bring in the rest and give you guys a heads-up.
Nov 24, 2017
178 posts
76 upvotes
In the city on St Clair west, just west of Oakwood Avenue have found a terrific guy. Very deceiving from the store front but unassuming old world tailoring. So far have just had about 10 pairs of jeans hemmed each @ $10 but done perfectly. I find most dont do jeans well in the city or that price. He specializes in leather and I would trust him in a heartbeat.
1066 St Clair Avenue West - St Clair Textile

Edit: Am not sure about the Euro hem angle though.
With jeans I just want the hem to look as they do when I buy jeans.
Yellow stitching visible, and natural "bunch" for lack of a better term... whereas I find a lot of places just stich under without the hem being visible, which looks peculiar to me.
Nov 17, 2006
425 posts
33 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just going to say that the All Cleaners will definitely be my go to place for alterations. The guy is friendly and fantastic and knows what he is doing. I got my trousers slimmed down and they fit exactly the way I wanted it and pleasantly surprised. I will go to him more for everything that I need alterations for.

Go check them out.