Food & Drink

Locked: Found an unusual object in Nestle Gerber Puffs

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2014 7:34 pm
[OP]
Nov 6, 2013
13 posts

Found an unusual object in Nestle Gerber Puffs

I found an unusual object which looks like a piece of wood in a Nestle Gerber baby puff box. My baby almost put it in his mouth. I have no idea what the stuff is. But it shouldn't belong to the baby puff box anyways.

What should I do in this case? Report it to CFIA? I called Nestle. The representative asked me to send her photos and do a hot water test for the object and she will follow up. However, I never received her email or call for 2 days. It doesn't seem that Nestle cares about recalling the products. Should I post the picture to social media to bring attention? It's baby food. I don't want similar things happen to other babies because of contaminated food.

Has anybody have similar situation? How much compensation is reasonable to ask? I've seen Americans got tons of money for cases like this. I'm not sure what is typical in Canada. Nestle has offered a couple of coupons to buy the same products. Seriously? Same contaminated products?
12 replies
May 28, 2012
11860 posts
4447 upvotes
Saskatoon
sunnyzjj wrote: I found an unusual object which looks like a piece of wood in a Nestle Gerber baby puff box. My baby almost put it in his mouth. I have no idea what the stuff is. But it shouldn't belong to the baby puff box anyways.

What should I do in this case? Report it to CFIA? I called Nestle. The representative asked me to send her photos and do a hot water test for the object and she will follow up. However, I never received her email or call for 2 days. It doesn't seem that Nestle cares about recalling the products. Should I post the picture to social media to bring attention? It's baby food. I don't want similar things happen to other babies because of contaminated food.

Has anybody have similar situation? How much compensation is reasonable to ask? I've seen Americans got tons of money for cases like this. I'm not sure what is typical in Canada. Nestle has offered a couple of coupons to buy the same products. Seriously? Same contaminated products?
Did you give them an address? They'll likely send you coupons for a free product replacement (and more if they are generous)...This isn't the United States, where a person sues for anything and everything. Nothing bad happened, I wouldn't expect a big payout from this situation.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6562 posts
2773 upvotes
Montreal
Why do you think you're entitled to compensation beyond product replacement?
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4135 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you think this is some kind of lottery you won? F'in greed. Nobody got hurt you're not owed a bloody penny!!
[OP]
Nov 6, 2013
13 posts
It is an unusual object which I don't know what it is. So I don't know what potential illness it may cause my baby who has already taken half box of the puffs that are contaminated by the object. If you are a parent, you'll understand no parent will take this as a "lottery". It is something that will scare every parent. Why I would want a coupon to buy the same product that Nestle hasn't recalled yet? There could be potential quality issues with the products on the shelf too.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6562 posts
2773 upvotes
Montreal
sunnyzjj wrote: It is an unusual object which I don't know what it is. So I don't know what potential illness it may cause my baby who has already taken half box of the puffs that are contaminated by the object. If you are a parent, you'll understand no parent will take this as a "lottery". It is something that will scare every parent. Why I would want a coupon to buy the same product that Nestle hasn't recalled yet? There could be potential quality issues with the products on the shelf too.
None of that explains why you think you are entitled to compensation. The only impact so far has been some worry on your part.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10629 posts
2343 upvotes
Nowhere
You reported it, what more do you want? Companies take these complaints seriously and will get back to you but they need time to investigate. I found a piece of wooden dowel in a stuffed chicken breast. It was actually in my mouth and I could have chocked on it. It was a No Name product so I contacted Loblaws, they sent me a courier pack to send it back. It took several weeks, but eventually I got an apology letter from the manufacturer along with a $10 PC gift card.
May 28, 2012
11860 posts
4447 upvotes
Saskatoon
Cheap Cat wrote: You reported it, what more do you want? Companies take these complaints seriously and will get back to you but they need time to investigate. I found a piece of wooden dowel in a stuffed chicken breast. It was actually in my mouth and I could have chocked on it. It was a No Name product so I contacted Loblaws, they sent me a courier pack to send it back. It took several weeks, but eventually I got an apology letter from the manufacturer along with a $10 PC gift card.
Pfft...sucker, should have held out for $10K. ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2168 posts
879 upvotes
Let's see. OP should invest in a flame suit.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11624 posts
2598 upvotes
Montreal
sunnyzjj wrote: I found an unusual object which looks like a piece of wood in a Nestle Gerber baby puff box. My baby almost put it in his mouth.
So you just gave the box to your baby?
You are a horrible parent.
You should feel bad and have your baby taken away from you.
I bet you also feed your baby rotten eggs because you don't care to look at the state of the food you serve it.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18291 posts
1261 upvotes
Elmira
alkizmo wrote: You are a horrible parent.
You should feel bad and have your baby taken away from you.
I bet you also feed your baby rotten eggs because you don't care to look at the state of the food you serve it.

wtf? lol
a closed mind is already defeated
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6453 posts
820 upvotes
BC
I'll stop this before it goes any farther.

Locked.
That's my 2cents worth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)