Food & Drink

Four Four South Village Toronto (noodle restaurant)-7 infractions

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2022 12:16 pm
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 13, 2010
7768 posts
1795 upvotes
Scarborough
Stop going to such places!!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
10549 posts
3867 upvotes
Just typical daily hive and blogto non news. You can go to dine safe and see a number of restaurants with minor infractions. While I don’t think think this is acceptable mistakes will be made when you have employees running day to day.

If they got a red card then sure it might be newsworthy. Otherwise it’s a slow news day and they’re really just broadcasting a minor issue that is likely to be immediately corrected.

While this is tabloid junk journalism I find these articles particularly low brow. They support some restaurants and write decent articles then just go posting these on random restaurants.

https://www.toronto.ca/community-people ... /dinesafe/

If you’re going out to eat you can search your restaurant or restaurants in an area

Look RFD fave congee wong had issues. Stop going there

https://www.toronto.ca/community-people ... /9018951/1

Captains boil had a conditional pass

https://www.toronto.ca/community-people ... /dinesafe/

I’m not saying it’s ok I’m just saying these “bloggers” literally just go on the dine safe site and look at recent conditional passes and write some ad revenue generating article at the expense of some small business.
Autocorrect sucks
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19914 posts
6834 upvotes
Toronto
GangStarr wrote: Captains boil had a conditional pass
https://www.toronto.ca/community-people ... /dinesafe/
I’m not saying it’s ok I’m just saying these “bloggers” literally just go on the dine safe site and look at recent conditional passes and write some ad revenue generating article at the expense of some small business.
Well they should run the business properly in the first place so they don't get that yellow sign.
The green sign is something to EARN and something to be very proud of.

Anyway, regardless, Captain's Boil is garbage compared to the amazing Robot Boil @ 895 Yonge street.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19914 posts
6834 upvotes
Toronto
apnayloags wrote: Stop going to such places!!
I don't, but others might. The place used to always seem busy before the yellow conditional sign.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7560 posts
3822 upvotes
Even some big chains like Cheesecake Factory get these yellow fail. At this point, I'm no longer surprised as the list of restaurants who at some point or another have gotten yellow is a ton. I don't consider it newsworthy anymore but that's just me
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19914 posts
6834 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote: Even some big chains like Cheesecake Factory get these yellow fail. At this point, I'm no longer surprised as the list of restaurants who at some point or another have gotten yellow is a ton. I don't consider it newsworthy anymore but that's just me
Yeah that was BIG news in 2018. Toronto Star of all sources reporting: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... ction.html
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
10549 posts
3867 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Well they should run the business properly in the first place so they don't get that yellow sign.
The green sign is something to EARN and something to be very proud of.

Anyway, regardless, Captain's Boil is garbage compared to the amazing Robot Boil @ 895 Yonge street.
So why doesn’t the daily hive post all recent restaurants that failed.

Nope some stupid attention getting headline like “the noodle house you go to is about to kill you”

Could even suggest they’re racist couldn’t you I mean choosing an Asian business. Past couple weeks they did it to a Carribean. Where are all the social media warriors when you need them.

Just accept that this is click bait.

Also you don’t earn your prestigious green card like it’s an Oscar. You’ll notice green card ones have infraction too but they could be quickly corrected. Conditional gives the restaurant some time to fix it and they are reinspected and back to green. Green simply means they’re acceptable to the health inspector not that they’re doing something special

Now If they constantly get yellows, sure blog about that. However this makes it seem like some outbreak happened when really it’s just some article from some arts grad who has literally nothing else to post.

I find it particular heartless to do this to small busines. They didn’t even attempt to contact the restaurant these guys will have a green in weeks and I don’t eat noodles or go to this place

Why not mention just page one of others with conditional pass
Images
  • 3F94A064-ABBD-49B3-BD55-292F9FA32077.jpeg
  • A34D53EF-1033-49B2-AFC6-BDE17F48F4FA.jpeg
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
10549 posts
3867 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Yeah that was BIG news in 2018. Toronto Star of all sources reporting: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... ction.html
This is a big deal. I have a friend who works at cheesecake or did they make waiters learn their entire obnoxiously oversized menu.

Yet they didn’t provide separate sinks for hand washing ? Maybe they forgot to tell employees not to do that. However that’s a major hiccup this type of restaurant model.

Failing to keep foods at proper temp I suppose happens but this is an american run chain. This is very bad.

I’d be much more concerned about this then some random noodle shop
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 23, 2009
5906 posts
3452 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: So why doesn’t the daily hive post all recent restaurants that failed.

Nope some stupid attention getting headline like “the noodle house you go to is about to kill you”

Could even suggest they’re racist couldn’t you I mean choosing an Asian business. Past couple weeks they did it to a Carribean. Where are all the social media warriors when you need them.

Just accept that this is click bait.

Also you don’t earn your prestigious green card like it’s an Oscar. You’ll notice green card ones have infraction too but they could be quickly corrected. Conditional gives the restaurant some time to fix it and they are reinspected and back to green. Green simply means they’re acceptable to the health inspector not that they’re doing something special

Now If they constantly get yellows, sure blog about that. However this makes it seem like some outbreak happened when really it’s just some article from some arts grad who has literally nothing else to post.

I find it particular heartless to do this to small busines. They didn’t even attempt to contact the restaurant these guys will have a green in weeks and I don’t eat noodles or go to this place

Why not mention just page one of others with conditional pass
Some posters may or may not be doing social media work for restaurants.

I have asked before and they have denied, but ask yourself - as you already have - why post this particular one?

Heck, a local competitor may throw a free meal to someone for exposing stories like this.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
10549 posts
3867 upvotes
renoldman wrote: Some posters may or may not be doing social media work for restaurants.

I have asked before and they have denied, but ask yourself - as you already have - why post this particular one?

Heck, a local competitor may throw a free meal to someone for exposing stories like this.
I mean their reviews can sometimes be terrible and sometimes be decent. They’re obviously somewhat bias as they get shots behind kitchens and stuff. The writing quality also widely varies. However yes that’s an interesting take.

Anything for $$$ including slamming competitors.
Autocorrect sucks
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19914 posts
6834 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote: Some posters may or may not be doing social media work for restaurants.

I have asked before and they have denied, but ask yourself - as you already have - why post this particular one?

Heck, a local competitor may throw a free meal to someone for exposing stories like this.
GangStarr wrote: I mean their reviews can sometimes be terrible and sometimes be decent. They’re obviously somewhat bias as they get shots behind kitchens and stuff. The writing quality also widely varies. However yes that’s an interesting take.

Anything for $$$ including slamming competitors.
There's no mention of a place to go to instead, eh?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
10549 posts
3867 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: There's no mention of a place to go to instead, eh?
It was the other poster that suggested the competition may ask blogto to blow up that story. It’s all conjecture

Regardless I don’t think blogs should be reporting this stuff unless it’s a pattern or it’s a particularly offensive violation.

There is a high end private senior citizens home on the list I posted at bloor and spadina. That surely is a better story then some noodle joint?
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 23, 2009
5906 posts
3452 upvotes
I was more saying that @playnicee1 may be compensated to post here.

We don't see a lot of these infraction stories here.

So, why this one?

Again, I have asked before if they are paid to post and they claim they are not.

In today's world, I think people should be aware that someone talking about something may be doing it more because they are paid to give a company social media exposure - good and bad.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
50503 posts
14849 upvotes
ONTARIO
renoldman wrote: Some posters may or may not be doing social media work for restaurants.

I have asked before and they have denied, but ask yourself - as you already have - why post this particular one?

Heck, a local competitor may throw a free meal to someone for exposing stories like this.
What youre suggesting doesnt seem like its happening. Who would go through the trouble? Sounds pretty crazy to be honest.

Time for a sip of this sweet ice cold coca cola.
Its always time for coca cola!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19914 posts
6834 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote: I was more saying that @playnicee1 may be compensated to post here.

We don't see a lot of these infraction stories here.

So, why this one?

Again, I have asked before if they are paid to post and they claim they are not.

In today's world, I think people should be aware that someone talking about something may be doing it more because they are paid to give a company social media exposure - good and bad.
If that's the case,
it makes a lot more sense to recommend or suggest another restaurant to go to when something like this happens. Something I did not do.
"Be sure to go to Noodle place X instead everybody! They never have a yellow sign...here's a link to their menu...have a look"
Last edited by playnicee1 on Dec 5th, 2022 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
10549 posts
3867 upvotes
renoldman wrote: I was more saying that @playnicee1 may be compensated to post here.

We don't see a lot of these infraction stories here.

So, why this one?

Again, I have asked before if they are paid to post and they claim they are not.

In today's world, I think people should be aware that someone talking about something may be doing it more because they are paid to give a company social media exposure - good and bad.
Nah playnice is in my opinion a very unusual poster but I wouldn’t suspect him/her of it. If the noodle shop used to provide free refills and now doesn’t. Then you got him red handed.

Besides daily hive reposted blogTO article
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
18546 posts
13338 upvotes
Markham
To be fair they should just post full list of all restaurants [every week/month] and fails. They should never IMO write about a single restaurant. The restaurant in question should sue them for something...race card maybe?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29347 posts
14851 upvotes
Anyone else more confused that any sort of Asian place would use the number 4 let alone 2 of them in the name?
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6703 posts
1439 upvotes
Idk, maybe I’ve been doing this too long but that report doesn’t really concern me. Wrote one up similar to that recently and my overall assessment would be that the place is still like an 8/10. The short form wording used on inspection reports often tends to make things sound worse than they are.
GangStarr wrote: This is a big deal. I have a friend who works at cheesecake or did they make waiters learn their entire obnoxiously oversized menu.

Yet they didn’t provide separate sinks for hand washing ? Maybe they forgot to tell employees not to do that. However that’s a major hiccup this type of restaurant model.

Failing to keep foods at proper temp I suppose happens but this is an american run chain. This is very bad.

I’d be much more concerned about this then some random noodle shop
The separate hand sink thing doesn’t mean they didn’t provide the sink. It could have been blocked or was being used for another purpose at the time of inspection.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)