Expired Hot Deals

[Four Seasons Centre] Toronto - $12 Nutcracker ballet standing room tickets. Until Jan 4

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2020 4:09 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21765 posts
24924 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - $12 Nutcracker ballet standing room tickets. Until Jan 4

Deal Link:
Price:
$12
Expiry:
January 4, 2020
Retailer:
Four Seasons Centre
https://national.ballet.ca/Tickets/Box-Office

Running time: 2 hours with one 20-minute intermission

Standing Room Policy

The National Ballet of Canada offers up to 60 standing room locations, in the back rows of Ring 3 and Ring 4 in the Four Seasons Centre. Each of the locations have a hook and a leaning rail, at a height of 119 cm (3' 11 1/2"). A minimum height of 145 cm (4'9") is suggested for optimal sight lines. Not recommended for children. Portable sitting devices and sitting on the railings is not permitted.

A standing room ticket is the least expensive way to see ballet, but remember to wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to stand for the entire performance. In consideration of other audience members, please stand as close to the railing as possible and avoid excessive movement during the performance. While there is a hook available for each location, the Four Seasons Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

$12.00 standing room tickets go on sale the day of a performance when the box office opens. Tickets can be purchased, in person only, at the Four Seasons Centre Box Office, 145 Queen Street West, and are subject to availability with a limit of 2 tickets per person. Only cash or debit are accepted for standing room tickets.

Thread from last year
Last edited by sprung on Dec 13th, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1975 posts
1728 upvotes
Toronto
aaah I think that explain why there was a huuuuge line there yesterday :D
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Feb 7, 2017
115 posts
60 upvotes
I saw this show in row 1, $160 iirc. Excellent performance.

Where is standing room?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2740 posts
5434 upvotes
Nutcracker tickets are the most expensive and most popular (read: fastest selling ballet performances), keeping that in mind $12 for standing room on ring 3 and 4 is excellent.
Usually if seated patrons leave for intermission and don't come back, or there are empty seats, the ushers offer the nearby vacant seats seats to people.

Pro tip: try not to go during the day, children are usually out in full force in these performances during the holidays and are not always quiet or well behaved.
Jan 22, 2011
66 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: Usually if seated patrons leave for intermission and don't come back, or there are empty seats, the ushers offer the nearby vacant seats seats to people.
No, they don't. Their job is literally to stop you from taking a seat that isn't yours. And you have to sign, when buying a ticket, to explicitly state you won't take an empty seat.

Still a great and cheap way to see any National Ballet or COC for the cheap.
Nov 5, 2018
301 posts
240 upvotes
Did some googling... The ballet performance is two hours with a 20 minute intermission... Seems awfully long to stand through the whole thing.
Jun 18, 2016
497 posts
1429 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: Did some googling... The ballet performance is two hours with a 20 minute intermission... Seems awfully long to stand through the whole thing.
I take it you live a sedentary lifestyle? 2 hours on your feet is nothing if you’re active
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21765 posts
24924 upvotes
Toronto
Depends. I sit for work most of the day. Standing would be a welcome relief. Also when we hit concerts, far longer than 2 hours , we often stand for the whole thing even when we have seats. Each person is different however.

Boxing Day some people stand well over 2hrs, outside in the cold!
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Apr 17, 2006
146 posts
53 upvotes
I did this once a few years ago. It is right behind the last sitting row. So you have better view angle than the last row since you are standing... It is perfectly fine to enjoy it.

There is rail for you to lean on; you will not just stand straight lol

I’ve seen better Nutcracker somewhere else but the holiday atmosphere in Toronto is the best.

Would I do it again? Maybe not. As I am getting older, I feel like to have a whole experience.

If you are younger but never seen one there before, give it a try. Most likely you will need to go back with your kids sooner or later.

Parking is expensive. If you are standing to watch a ballet,I guess you will leave your dress at home. City hall parking is cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6348 posts
4550 upvotes
Ottawa
neonic wrote: aaah I think that explain why there was a huuuuge line there yesterday :D
I am guessing this was the AM before the box office opened at 11?
With Zoomer Wireless !
Nov 5, 2018
301 posts
240 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: I take it you live a sedentary lifestyle? 2 hours on your feet is nothing if you’re active
Work and home is pretty sedentary... I'm at the gym 3 times a week. I can walk for long periods of time (occasionally hike...etc.)

I find standing in one place harder than being active.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2740 posts
5434 upvotes
ehhh wrote: No, they don't. Their job is literally to stop you from taking a seat that isn't yours. And you have to sign, when buying a ticket, to explicitly state you won't take an empty seat.
They definitely do. Nothing is guaranteed though.
Sometimes people leave for intermission and don’t come back. Sometimes people don’t come at all for the performance. The ushers will usually offer you a seat if there is a hard cut off for entry (not all performances have these), there are empty seats, and if they can do so without disturbing anyone. Been a few times for standing performances and never had to stand for a whole performance.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9647 posts
3065 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
MooseV2 wrote: I take it you live a sedentary lifestyle? 2 hours on your feet is nothing if you’re active
2 hours walking on your feet may be nothing, standing still, with very little movement, for 2 hours and 20 minutes would be brutal. They also remind you to move as little as possible possible, further limiting your movement.

Tickets are cheap for sure, but imo not worth going through this experience. You'll probably feel like crap towards the end, ruining any positive experience you may have gained from watching the show.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9017 posts
5463 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote: 2 hours walking on your feet may be nothing, standing still, with very little movement, for 2 hours and 20 minutes would be brutal. They also remind you to move as little as possible possible, further limiting your movement.

Tickets are cheap for sure, but imo not worth going through this experience. You'll probably feel like crap towards the end, ruining any positive experience you may have gained from watching the show.
2 hours shouldn’t be bad if you can lean, with no lean is a lot harder on the feet.
Jan 5, 2006
240 posts
438 upvotes
Hamilton
Has anyone stood in line for tickets yet and can report on the size of the line? How early does the line start?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1117 posts
597 upvotes
KnobHillFarms wrote: Image

Watch Kyle Lowry on a stage near you!
Marner & Matthews from the Leafs also did 1 appearance too irrc
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5107 posts
2166 upvotes
Ancaster
Fantastic performance. Everyone should experience it at least once in their lifetime.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1436 posts
197 upvotes
is the views obstructed in anyway at the very top of these standing room spots?