Fashion & Beauty

Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2020 7:31 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3246 posts
18420 upvotes
SOTD - AF Key of LIfe (Inspiration of Roja United Arab Emirates)

Had to beat the wife off with a stick on this one, one of her favourites.
Jul 16, 2007
113 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Easto wrote: SOTD - PdM Herod
same with me today. Actually prefer it to Layton
Oct 15, 2013
785 posts
1265 upvotes
Platinum Egoiste today for me but also did get a large haul in from fragbuy.

Rochas Man
LP Premier Figuier, L'eau de L'Artisan, Noir Exquis and Mechant Loup (just tried this on skin, really interesting nutty wood note with the hazelnut and liquorice). Tester prices on these were too good to pass, and I'm starting to really love this house.
Histoires 1725 and 1740
VC&A Tsar
Amouage Interlude

Colonia Leather didn't come as Oud got put in by mistake (oops) but Gary is fixing that up and I am forwarding it on to the real buyer.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
charliegee wrote: Platinum Egoiste today for me but also did get a large haul in from fragbuy.

Rochas Man
LP Premier Figuier, L'eau de L'Artisan, Noir Exquis and Mechant Loup (just tried this on skin, really interesting nutty wood note with the hazelnut and liquorice). Tester prices on these were too good to pass, and I'm starting to really love this house.
Histoires 1725 and 1740
VC&A Tsar
Amouage Interlude

Colonia Leather didn't come as Oud got put in by mistake (oops) but Gary is fixing that up and I am forwarding it on to the real buyer.
Nice haul! I was considering Noir Exquis myself among other things, but ended up not ordering anything. Good call on the Histoires de Parfums too. I was just going over the sample pack I got from Sephora a couple years ago, but I think the samples went bad. :(
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1522 posts
1168 upvotes
SOTN: Nautica Voyage. For $20 why not.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21177 posts
10622 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD - ombré leather

As an aside, I’m considering picking up a bottle of Xerjoff JTC Shunkoin for a great deal.

Cashjinx is already in for 10ml but I’m looking to split another 10ml as well. It’s $120 for 47ml (of a 50ml bottle) so about $26 for the 10ml decant.

If interested, please let me know. Thx.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21177 posts
10622 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
nas84 wrote: same with me today. Actually prefer it to Layton
Lol that was my SOTD yesterday as well.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Xerjoff JTC Ivory Route.

For me, this is one of those fragrances that seems to get better and better the longer I wear it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anybody here have experience with Atelier Des Ors Iris Fauve or Bond No 9 New Haarlem?

I'm considering one of them, but both would be blind buys. Both are the same price, so I can't even just buy the cheaper one lol.

Iris Fauve is supposed to be a different take on Iris, and New Haarlem is supposed to be like pancakes syrup and coffee.
Oct 15, 2013
785 posts
1265 upvotes
SOTD - Colonia Leather

Superbly blended frag, from top to bottom. Starts off with a very smooth creamy orange, with that same tarry leather note from ombre and the like underneath but far less pronounced. As it dries down the leather comes through more and some green notes too to finally leave a really well balanced orange leather and wood scent to enjoy. It doesn’t project as heavy as the typical raspberry ones and feels more sophisticated and versatile to me.

Maybe I’ll have to consider some of the others in this line, Oud and this are great and are more masculine than a lot of male releases without going full on POWER. Mirra and Sandalo in particular look interesting to me,
I also think Assoluta from the regular line sounds great too but I’m worried it is too similar to regular Colonia, anyone ever tried it?
Oct 15, 2013
785 posts
1265 upvotes
CashJinx wrote: Does anybody here have experience with Atelier Des Ors Iris Fauve or Bond No 9 New Haarlem?

I'm considering one of them, but both would be blind buys. Both are the same price, so I can't even just buy the cheaper one lol.

Iris Fauve is supposed to be a different take on Iris, and New Haarlem is supposed to be like pancakes syrup and coffee.
I can’t help you with the scent and that does sound like a tough call as they both sound great, but very different.

I think personally going completely blind I would go for the Fauve as it is rare and probably more unique, I have a feeling there would be more opportunity in the future to get New Haarlem with a potentially lower price and be able to try it first.