Fashion & Beauty

Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 9:34 pm
Oct 15, 2013
786 posts
1265 upvotes
One person reported to find a Neroli Portofino at Costco this year but that was it. Pretty bare season.
Nov 14, 2003
921 posts
861 upvotes
Montreal
charliegee wrote: Bois 1920 Oltremare - Fruit floral blast in the opening, bit of bitter orange, lime, green "rhubarb" and some powdery floral I'm not sure what is but leans this feminine at this stage.Quite synthetic smelling too, not a great opening at all.
Later this thankfully dies down and tea comes through more and more, which is exactly why I grabbed the decant. Scary opening and the dry down is a bit synthetic smelling too but it's ok. First try of this brand, not an impressive start.

Have a couple more, Histoires de Parfums decants of Prolixe and Irreverant and a Nishane Sultan Vetiver sample to try, but I think I'm out of skin for the moment.
I’ve tried the Oltremare a couple of times and I agree there’s some type of sweet floral note in the opening. My wife and I both get a fleeting Chanel vibe in the air but there are no aldehydes nor ambrette seed in the fragrantica notes. Maybe it’s the spices, mate or holly or what have you? Anyway, once it settles it’s not bad, decent for the summer.

I’m curious to know what you’ll think of Sultan Vetiver. I’ve had an etiket sample of that one for a while now and I like it. The opening gives me this impression of a musty wooden attic that I find strangely appealing. Nishane overall seems to be on the upswing of some fragcomm hype lately and they do have some interesting offerings.
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
I know that theres lots of talk of more exotic, unknown brands in here but I just wanted to chime in with my favorites that work best on my skin, even if they aren't THAT exotic or special lol.

Chanel Chance Eau Tendre and Byredo Bal d'Afrique are my regular go-tos. I do also have Velvet by Commodity which I like in the winter, and I have Gabrielle and No.5 L'eau which are both from Chanel which I will spray now and then. I hate the original No.5 as it is way too strong and aldehydic, and I find the L'eau version to be softer, yet lasts all day on my skin an settles down to a very pleasant scent.

For a girly feel, I also have Hot Couture by Givenchy. This one is odd, I'm not sure how to feel about it, yet I feel obsessed with smelling myself when I wear it.
Oct 15, 2013
786 posts
1265 upvotes
int wrote: I’m curious to know what you’ll think of Sultan Vetiver. I’ve had an etiket sample of that one for a while now and I like it. The opening gives me this impression of a musty wooden attic that I find strangely appealing. Nishane overall seems to be on the upswing of some fragcomm hype lately and they do have some interesting offerings.
I am wearing it today and I find it almost a honey vetiver frag, the opening is a bit different than that but has the mossy part of vetiver but also a hay like version, definitely shows different facets of that note. Later as I say it gets warmer and sweeter/honeyed. Yeah, very nice.
I don't know if I would buy a full priced bottle but discounted I could be swayed perhaps.

SOTD - Sultan Vetiver and Xerjoff Nio
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3274 posts
18499 upvotes
Smiley09 wrote: SOTD was the smallest spray of Wood Sage and Sea Salt on my arm because I was going to the dentist and didn't want to risk being offensive to their nose while they had a drill in my mouth.
Imagine the repercussions LOL
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4122 posts
2839 upvotes
Hey guys, is $65 for a 50ml bottle of Valentino Uomo Intense a good deal through FragranceBuy.ca? Also $65 for a 60 ml bottle of La Nuit de l'Homme?

Never bought through them - any idea if any sales are coming up or any coupon codes out there?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3563 posts
492 upvotes
Fragrancebuy is legit with extremely fast shipping.
Re: prices, they are decent compared to the usual store prices but I would suggest trying them out beforehand if you haven’t already. So much hype on the internet about these two - you may be surprised if you blind buy them...

Cheers,
johnnyblayze wrote: Hey guys, is $65 for a 50ml bottle of Valentino Uomo Intense a good deal through FragranceBuy.ca? Also $65 for a 60 ml bottle of La Nuit de l'Homme?

Never bought through them - any idea if any sales are coming up or any coupon codes out there?
May 28, 2006
781 posts
503 upvotes
markopas wrote: Imagine the repercussions LOL
Yeah it was quote "a tiny hole that I want to fix before it gets bigger" but I didn't want an ahchoo to make it into a big hole, also just to be mindful when people could be like 1 foot from your head (where I spray) for any long amount of time. Do the same with my eye doctor, or really any doctor.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1496 posts
428 upvotes
Anyone got a spare Aventus cap lying around? Lost mine while moving.

Will pay $ or trade for a full 10ml decant of Green Irish Tweed.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4122 posts
2839 upvotes
Any recommendations on travel atomizers available from brick and mortar stores in Canada?
If not, then what would be my best bet online?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3274 posts
18499 upvotes
johnnyblayze wrote: Any recommendations on travel atomizers available from brick and mortar stores in Canada?
Amazon would be your best bet.

Got one of these styles:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q ... UTF8&psc=1

and also a travalo which is pretty decent as it pumps the juice from the bottom as long as the cap from your frag is removable exposing the stem.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3563 posts
492 upvotes
+1 for Travalo, bought a handful of them 3~4 years ago - never leaked or dropped juice. I found out recently that you can now get them from Shoppers online, not sure if they are available in store though.
johnnyblayze wrote: Any recommendations on travel atomizers available from brick and mortar stores in Canada?
markopas wrote: Amazon would be your best bet.

Got one of these styles:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q ... UTF8&psc=1

and also a travalo which is pretty decent as it pumps the juice from the bottom as long as the cap from your frag is removable exposing the stem.
Jun 19, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
I am looking for new suppliers of Oud Oil pure though not perfume mix. Currently I am buying from individuals in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam, one special supplier www.oudofcambodia.com offers great oud oil but its difficult for me to visit them as they are far in the countryside. I would like to try Indonesian oud oil and I am often in Bali so I can vsiit more easy if in the city. Please message me if you can offer some help or message here.
Oct 15, 2013
786 posts
1265 upvotes
ElmarWu wrote: I am looking for new suppliers of Oud Oil pure though not perfume mix. Currently I am buying from individuals in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam, one special supplier www.oudofcambodia.com offers great oud oil but its difficult for me to visit them as they are far in the countryside. I would like to try Indonesian oud oil and I am often in Bali so I can vsiit more easy if in the city. Please message me if you can offer some help or message here.
I don't know of anything in Bali or anything like that but I have heard this seller based in Canada sources some great stuff https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/RoyalBengalOuds

SOTD: Lalique Ombre Noire

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)