Fashion & Beauty

Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2020 7:31 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3242 posts
18415 upvotes
Easto wrote: Checked out AF Canada site. Holy shit their stuff is expensive. $2/ml for a knock off clone oil mixed in alcohol.

Bought a decant of Roja Elysium that got broken in transit. The envelope it was in smelled Ok Hand SignOk Hand SignOk Hand Sign. No way can I drop Roja $ on a bottle so we going to grab AF Zion, but at $2/ml not worth it.

I paid $3/ml for the real deal.

Zoha Aroma on the other hand has Citron Noir which is $45/50ml - more reasonable.

Has anyone tried Zoha? I assume they get their perfume oils from the same place as AF.
It's best to wait and compare with the 30% off deals like they just had to see if it's worth the investment, most likely a 25% coming up for the Christmas holiday. The now 55ml (which used to be 60ml) was a much better pricing over the smaller bottles which is why I never bothered going with them and only ended up getting the bigger bottles with the deeper discount savings.
Sep 13, 2003
510 posts
67 upvotes
Easto wrote: Checked out AF Canada site. Holy shit their stuff is expensive. $2/ml for a knock off clone oil mixed in alcohol.

Bought a decant of Roja Elysium that got broken in transit. The envelope it was in smelled Ok Hand SignOk Hand SignOk Hand Sign. No way can I drop Roja $ on a bottle so we going to grab AF Zion, but at $2/ml not worth it.

I paid $3/ml for the real deal.

Zoha Aroma on the other hand has Citron Noir which is $45/50ml - more reasonable.

Has anyone tried Zoha? I assume they get their perfume oils from the same place as AF.
i have 14 of the Zoha parfum collection (including citron noire) and 20 of the oils. Most are very good and very close to the original. Citron Noire smells great but is not that close to Roja Elysium (imho).
Saga Boy - D Star Boy Crew
Sep 13, 2003
510 posts
67 upvotes
Also, if you are interested in getting the concentrated oils and adding perfumers alcohol and a dash of poly20 you can get the oils from http://universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/ . I'm guess that's the source of most of the oils that zoha/oilperfumery etc use.
Nov 26, 2014
13 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
@kaiser__sose Is this website legitimate? Shows not secure and not looking to get burned. Are there any in Canada that offer something similar? Also, can you offer any more insight into mixing your own fragrances? What's required?

Thanks for your time.
Sep 13, 2003
510 posts
67 upvotes
Phyness wrote: @kaiser__sose Is this website legitimate? Shows not secure and not looking to get burned. Are there any in Canada that offer something similar? Also, can you offer any more insight into mixing your own fragrances? What's required?

Thanks for your time.
The website is legit I've ordered before and a few people in the frag forums have also successfully ordered.

There are local Toronto companies that sell simar oils for ex: zohaaroma.com

I'm not an expert by any means but to make sprays from the oils I just add perfumers alcohol to the oils at a ratio of 2.5:1 alcohol to oil.
Nov 26, 2014
13 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks kaiser, appreciate the reply. I'll give em a shot.
Nov 26, 2016
195 posts
52 upvotes
where can i buy fragrance samples, i want to try parfums de marly and i cant find any samples anywhere
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3242 posts
18415 upvotes
ronnielarmond wrote: where can i buy fragrance samples, i want to try parfums de marly and i cant find any samples anywhere
Nordstrom’s - make your own sample from whatever they have available.
Mar 4, 2009
38 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone interested in oils for the following:
Fleur de Portofino | Costa Azzurra | Tobacco Oud - Tom Ford
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3242 posts
18415 upvotes
shyn3 wrote: Anyone interested in oils for the following:
Fleur de Portofino | Costa Azzurra | Tobacco Oud - Tom Ford
You might want to elaborate.
Mar 4, 2009
38 posts
6 upvotes
markopas wrote: You might want to elaborate.
I was planning to order the 250mL from the site above but I don't want to keep all of it.The shipping doesn't seem to be worth the cost for a 50mL.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3242 posts
18415 upvotes
shyn3 wrote: I was planning to order the 250mL from the site above but I don't want to keep all of it.The shipping doesn't seem to be worth the cost for a 50mL.
Gotcha.
Nov 10, 2018
64 posts
22 upvotes
Does anyone know if the Endymion by Penhaligons ever go on sale or the best place to purchase in Toronto?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3242 posts
18415 upvotes
kzwl18 wrote: Does anyone know if the Endymion by Penhaligons ever go on sale or the best place to purchase in Toronto?
Doesn’t Saks sell Penhaligons? Maybe best way for their discount days.

Otherwise find a fragrance group on FaceBook and hope for the best.
Jun 25, 2015
144 posts
113 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
kaiser__sose wrote: Also, if you are interested in getting the concentrated oils and adding perfumers alcohol and a dash of poly20 you can get the oils from http://universalperfumesandcosmetics.com/ . I'm guess that's the source of most of the oils that zoha/oilperfumery etc use.
This sounds interesting. I have 2 empty bottles that I am looking to refill.

1 x Creed Erolfa
1 x Creed Viking

I'd like to refill these bottles instead of paying retail price again. How close are these "Concentrated Oils" to smelling like the real thing?. If I were to buy a 50ml Concentrated Oil, I could mix this with perfumer's alcohol and re-fill my bottles?

You mention mixing 2.5 (alcohol) : 1 (oil) . Everything I read online says EDT is like 85% alcohol. You have got good results with that ratio?

Would you happen to know if this link below is Oil or is it already mixed with alcohol?

http://universalperfumesandcosmetics.co ... ct_id=5627

http://zohaaroma.com/product/creed-viking/