2019 posts
341 upvotes
SOTD: Maison Margiela "By The Fireplace"
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3138 posts
18117 upvotes
SOTD - AF Zion (Xerjoff Elysium inspiration)
Nov 23, 2018
136 posts
90 upvotes
What do you guys think of Givenchy Play? Should I keep or sell it?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1507 posts
1163 upvotes
Emsubs wrote: This one is on my wish list. Waiting for the best time to buy it from https://www.alexandriafragrancescanada.com/.
Zion isn’t too bad. It’s not 1:1 clone by any means, but smells nice. It’s very similar and to most people it would smell the same. To someone that knows Elysian you can tell the difference, but let’s be real. Not too many people have smelled Elysiam
Jun 25, 2015
142 posts
112 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
scorpionca wrote: What do you guys think of Givenchy Play? Should I keep or sell it?
I would have loved to buy this from you as its discontinued.. but I ended up buying a 100ml of Givenchy Play Intense instead. Oh well.. fantastic smell, terrible performance unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1507 posts
1163 upvotes
Wearing TF tobacco oud today. Wow, what a beastly bomb.

Very polarizing, but I like it.

Heavy hitter
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1291 posts
415 upvotes
anyone know where i can buy perfumers alcohol or dilutant?
i plan on making my own frag. but need stuff like fixative and such.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3138 posts
18117 upvotes
techjedi wrote: anyone know where i can buy perfumers alcohol or dilutant?
i plan on making my own frag. but need stuff like fixative and such.
Ebay might be your best bet.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1291 posts
415 upvotes
Hey guys,

so i kind of got sucked into this fragrance world in the last 2 months since my first purchase on fragrancenet.
what is everyone's take on attars and oils?? I purchased a few attars on ebay and i plan on mixing into my own spray.
i stumbled across the Alexandria fragrances from a youtube video and also wondering if anyone can recommend any good clones from different houses?
so far i have grabbed parfums vintage pineapple vintage intense and emperor extrait, armaf club de nuit intense and milestone.
i have a good amount of frags now.. about 24 bottles or so of main brand stuff but this whole clone and diy market has me more interested atm.
anyways any input or direction is appreciated.. i am glad RFD has a frag posse.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1291 posts
415 upvotes
id be willing to split with anyone getting these oils.

ALSO... what is poly20?
shyn3 wrote: Anyone interested in oils for the following:
Fleur de Portofino | Costa Azzurra | Tobacco Oud - Tom Ford
efferr wrote: This sounds interesting. I have 2 empty bottles that I am looking to refill.

1 x Creed Erolfa
1 x Creed Viking

I'd like to refill these bottles instead of paying retail price again. How close are these "Concentrated Oils" to smelling like the real thing?. If I were to buy a 50ml Concentrated Oil, I could mix this with perfumer's alcohol and re-fill my bottles?

You mention mixing 2.5 (alcohol) : 1 (oil) . Everything I read online says EDT is like 85% alcohol. You have got good results with that ratio?

Would you happen to know if this link below is Oil or is it already mixed with alcohol?

http://universalperfumesandcosmetics.co ... ct_id=5627

http://zohaaroma.com/product/creed-viking/
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1291 posts
415 upvotes
whats br540?
audnih wrote: I was at a family members place last weekend and they had a scented candle burning in the bathroom "In the Stars" by Bath & Body.

The scent was driving me crazy because it was super familiar. It finally hit me - it was BR540!

Turns out they have a full lineup with the scent: https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/c/body ... -the-stars

I wonder how close that perfume spray is to it...
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3138 posts
18117 upvotes
techjedi wrote: whats br540?
Bacarat Rouge 540

I have a large collection of Alexandria Fragrances inspirations and originals but also have a large collection of originals as I need to keep my wallet in check unlike some people I know, wont name any names.

Hard to say about AF regarding the collection it just depends on what you are looking for - all of of their inspirations I find are in the 90th percentile to match the original fragrance.