Fashion & Beauty

Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 10:28 am
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1506 posts
1163 upvotes
Whatever they do, they get a shit load of it. To sell at Costco you need to be able to supply every Costco the same product. You can exclude any stores. So they have access to a boat load of cheap frags
Nov 23, 2018
136 posts
90 upvotes
I haven't found any fragrances in Costco yet. They usually bring fragrances middle of the August.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3128 posts
18109 upvotes
scorpionca wrote: I haven't found any fragrances in Costco yet. They usually bring fragrances middle of the August.
They had them available for Mother’s Day but it was a small amount and women’s frags only.
Nov 22, 2019
129 posts
100 upvotes
Any good discounts on Fragrances that happen around this time of the year ?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3128 posts
18109 upvotes
bobclair wrote: Any good discounts on Fragrances that happen around this time of the year ?
Haven’t received of many emails lately on anything especially for Labour Day.

A lot less deals going on.
Jun 20, 2013
42 posts
19 upvotes
markopas wrote: Haven’t received of many emails lately on anything especially for Labour Day.

A lot less deals going on.
I received discount codes from perfumeonline.ca
Not major discounts... $10, $20, $35 depending on how much is spent.
Nov 23, 2018
136 posts
90 upvotes
Costco has brought fragrances for $64.99. I didn’t find anything special other than the TDH EDT 50ml.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1670 posts
507 upvotes
Edmonton
My fragrances I currently own are: Versace Eros, and Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'homme Eau Electrique. I sampled many fragrances at Sephora and only really loved these two enough to purchase. I'm a 23 year old male university student.

I think I'll go to Sephora tomorrow to sample more, but any suggestions? I want a similar vibe to the two I own. It's a plus if it has vanilla, but not a requirement. Would prefer if it didn't have tobacco notes. I was thinking Paco Rabanne 1 Million or 1 Million Lucky perhaps for my next sample or purchase, but I don't remember the smell enough.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3128 posts
18109 upvotes
tablo13 wrote: My fragrances I currently own are: Versace Eros, and Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'homme Eau Electrique. I sampled many fragrances at Sephora and only really loved these two enough to purchase. I'm a 23 year old male university student.

I think I'll go to Sephora tomorrow to sample more, but any suggestions? I want a similar vibe to the two I own. It's a plus if it has vanilla, but not a requirement. Would prefer if it didn't have tobacco notes. I was thinking Paco Rabanne 1 Million or 1 Million Lucky perhaps for my next sample or purchase, but I don't remember the smell enough.
I would suggest you ask the person in the fragrance dept. if they can give you three samples of three different frags, what you smell on paper will not accurately reflect what it will smell like on your skin. Seems like you are looking at designer fragrances which are very linear in scent so what you smell is what you get and stay that way throughout it's life.

If you want to venture outside of your comfort zone, see if they can give you a sample of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Tom Ford Ombre Leather, Tom Ford Tuscan Leather would be a good place to start as they smell different from the opening to the dry down.

When I first got in to fragrances, I really seemed to enjoy 1 Million Prive, so you can see if you can get a sample of that too. Acqua Di Gio Profumo wasn't half bad since my main frag before dipping in to Niche was Acqua di Gio Pour Homme. Dior Sauvage and YSL Y seem to be big hits so those are also things you can look at.

Just remember that you don't want to wear a summer time fragrance during the fall or winter, some might be pushing those late summer, early fall but don't do well or perform during this weather.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1506 posts
1163 upvotes
tablo13 wrote: My fragrances I currently own are: Versace Eros, and Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'homme Eau Electrique. I sampled many fragrances at Sephora and only really loved these two enough to purchase. I'm a 23 year old male university student.

Every Sephora has different stock and you didn’t mention a budget.

You can get into TF Private blend stuff that’s fairly expensive and available at some Sephora.

Check out V&R SpiceBomb (or Spicebomb extreme)

Aqua di Gio Profomo is maybe my favorite designer scent right now.

TF Ombré Leather

TF Oud Wood

Replica By the Fireplace

Replica Jazz Club

I love all these
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1670 posts
507 upvotes
Edmonton
markopas wrote: I would suggest you ask the person in the fragrance dept. if they can give you three samples of three different frags, what you smell on paper will not accurately reflect what it will smell like on your skin. Seems like you are looking at designer fragrances which are very linear in scent so what you smell is what you get and stay that way throughout it's life.

If you want to venture outside of your comfort zone, see if they can give you a sample of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Tom Ford Ombre Leather, Tom Ford Tuscan Leather would be a good place to start as they smell different from the opening to the dry down.

When I first got in to fragrances, I really seemed to enjoy 1 Million Prive, so you can see if you can get a sample of that too. Acqua Di Gio Profumo wasn't half bad since my main frag before dipping in to Niche was Acqua di Gio Pour Homme. Dior Sauvage and YSL Y seem to be big hits so those are also things you can look at.

Just remember that you don't want to wear a summer time fragrance during the fall or winter, some might be pushing those late summer, early fall but don't do well or perform during this weather.
Hi, I went to Sephora today. I should’ve known when they had signs saying “testers are for display only”. Unfortunately I was told they don’t manufacture custom samples during COVID-19. Looks like I might have to get small few millilitres of samples or decants. Any good options in Canada other than fragrancenet? I’m not sure if Paco Rabanne mails out free samples.
May 31, 2008
976 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
tablo13 wrote: Hi, I went to Sephora today. I should’ve known when they had signs saying “testers are for display only”. Unfortunately I was told they don’t manufacture custom samples during COVID-19. Looks like I might have to get small few millilitres of samples or decants. Any good options in Canada other than fragrancenet? I’m not sure if Paco Rabanne mails out free samples.
No one really mails out samples..
You can also try one of the large Shopper's Drugmarts, or the Hudson Bay.

As noted above, maybe see if you can try some Acqua di Gio, or Invictus, or 1 Million.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1670 posts
507 upvotes
Edmonton
submalst wrote: No one really mails out samples..
You can also try one of the large Shopper's Drugmarts, or the Hudson Bay.

As noted above, maybe see if you can try some Acqua di Gio, or Invictus, or 1 Million.
So what I’m gathering is that stores are only giving out manufacturer prepackaged sample vials... Called a few Sephora, London Drugs, and Shoppers Drug Mart beauty boutique stores around. They only have two random samples at a time and none of them had what I wanted. Looks like it’s now harder to get samples and it’s all a matter of luck. I will try Hudson’s Bay tomorrow since it was closed by the time I thought to call.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3128 posts
18109 upvotes
If you can’t get samples, best to go in fresh and scent free and you could hit about 4 different spots which are your pulse points along your arms and they are far apart from one another the scents shouldn’t blend. So a single scent on your inside wrist and then one on your inside elbow and you can at least try 4 different things.

If you are interested in buying, look for testers and usually the best place to start or buy is fragrancebuy.ca. Alternatively, Costco has recently brought fragrances back I think a few days back as I’ve been trying to keep tabs so if you have a membership you can go to https://www.costco.ca/fragrances.html