Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2020 7:31 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1716 posts
522 upvotes
Edmonton
markopas wrote: If you can’t get samples, best to go in fresh and scent free and you could hit about 4 different spots which are your pulse points along your arms and they are far apart from one another the scents shouldn’t blend. So a single scent on your inside wrist and then one on your inside elbow and you can at least try 4 different things.

If you are interested in buying, look for testers and usually the best place to start or buy is fragrancebuy.ca. Alternatively, Costco has recently brought fragrances back I think a few days back as I’ve been trying to keep tabs so if you have a membership you can go to https://www.costco.ca/fragrances.html
I just bought a $8.99 manufacturer sample from eBay, it ships from BC... I have no doubts that most of the price is for shipping if it doesn’t ship through Canada Post Lettermail. None of the stores around me have Paco Rabanne samples in general. It’s really the unpopular ones or Dior Sauvage, and each store only has like two samples in stock at a time.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3239 posts
18406 upvotes
It's not uncommon for stores to have any samples at all, even pre-covid so this is why it's just best to sample the product on your skin when in the store as I mentioned before (if that's even possible).
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1514 posts
1168 upvotes
Honestly,

As much as he’s a polarizing character, Jeremy Fragrance is the gateway into frags.

Find his top 10 lists and try/buy those.

His lists are generally based on mass appeal. I don’t think I’ve ever smelled anything he’s suggested and found it to be bad.

If you’re looking for mass appealing frags he’s typically spot on.

If you’re looking for unique frags, he’s not your guy.

Honestly, if you stick to designer you’re getting mass appeal. If you go niche you’ll get some mass appeal and/or uniqueness. But typically this comes at a higher cost.

Most complimented frags I’ve worn recently:

V&R SpiceBomb
Encre Noir L’Extreme
Mancera Red Tobacco
AdG Proformo

With the cold weather upon us these are all wearable.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3239 posts
18406 upvotes
Red Tobacco is nice, completely forgot I had this - I guess I’ll make that my SOTD.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3560 posts
492 upvotes
PSA: Just noticed that shoppers started carrying some of the Acqua Di Parma lines in the beauty boutique for those interested in that line and use optimum points
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3239 posts
18406 upvotes
Cress wrote: PSA: Just noticed that shoppers started carrying some of the Acqua Di Parma lines in the beauty boutique for those interested in that line and use optimum points

Only good or worth it if the prices are low enough.
Feb 16, 2016
596 posts
209 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
Best place to buy online and in stores? I’m running out soon and will need to stock up!
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3239 posts
18406 upvotes
Potrice wrote: Best place to buy online and in stores? I’m running out soon and will need to stock up!
You just missed the fragrancebuy promo that was just going on, I am sure they will have another one coming up soon for BF.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1044 posts
313 upvotes
Potrice wrote: Best place to buy online and in stores? I’m running out soon and will need to stock up!
https://lisaspopupshop.com/ is extremely reputable and I have found their prices to be cheaper then Fragbuy in most cases. From what I understand they supply SDM and some other retailers across Canada.

But SDM is the best if you can get the points/sampler pack promotions to work in your favour. There were some amazing points promos in May/June when they were trying to clear out of SDM Beauty Boutique Online.

Gary at FragBuy is a great guy...his prices are competitive, but again I've found Lisa's PopUp Shop to be the cheapest https://lisaspopupshop.com/
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3239 posts
18406 upvotes
pakmode wrote: https://lisaspopupshop.com/ is extremely reputable and I have found their prices to be cheaper then Fragbuy in most cases. From what I understand they supply SDM and some other retailers across Canada.

But SDM is the best if you can get the points/sampler pack promotions to work in your favour. There were some amazing points promos in May/June when they were trying to clear out of SDM Beauty Boutique Online.

Gary at FragBuy is a great guy...his prices are competitive, but again I've found Lisa's PopUp Shop to be the cheapest https://lisaspopupshop.com/
LIsa's is decent but only if you are really looking for designer fragrances, Gary has mostly everything you are looking for and even testers which will be cheaper in the long run.
Jun 3, 2012
609 posts
244 upvotes
Scarborough
I can't speak highly enough of fragrancebuy.ca. Amazing prices and service. If you order before 11am in the GTA you will receive your shipment the next day (most of the time).

perfumeonline.ca is also great. Prices are a bit higher than fragrancebuy but its a great 2nd option. Also great service. You'll receive your orders in the GTA in 1-2 days.