• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2020 1:15 am
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote: lol same, i got excited and then my heart sank
Sorry guys. I wish it was for us Canucks too.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote: Thanks for posting your impressions.
Sounds like I would prefer the Tres Nuit more, glad that is what I ordered.
I wonder if GIT is on the sweet/creamy side or not.
Sound like both are strong so shouldn't require, like you say, more than a couple sprays.
I wouldn't necessarily say that GIT is on the sweeter side, but maybe on the smoother side if that makes sense. From what I remember, Tres Nuit is a little harsher in the opening, but the dry down is where it becomes so close to GIT. Easto, did your wife test it in the opening, drydown or both? I wonder if that might effect her choice. I assume that you smelled them the whole way through.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer Original Vetiver as a nice clean scent over GIT. I also really enjoy the nonsensically named Amouage Beach Hut which is a very clean green scent and has super performance. Too bad it's so darn expensive though. Unless I find it a discounter for a good price, I'm not likely to pick it up. It's hard to beat Tres Nuit or Rasasi Egra at their price point. I guess to some extent Armaf Le Parfait as well as it's supposed to be a GIT/Aventus mashup. It doesn't perform greatly, but at $30 I don't mind keeping a decant with me for respraying.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Xerjoff 1861 Renaissance. This stuff is so good. For me, this is bottle worthy. Wish there was a discounter who has it. Patiently waiting for a sale at Niche Essence. Hope they have one before the summer.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CashJinx wrote: SOTD - Xerjoff 1861 Renaissance. This stuff is so good. For me, this is bottle worthy. Wish there was a discounter who has it. Patiently waiting for a sale at Niche Essence. Hope they have one before the summer.
Just to note that for a freshie, this has great longevity. I sprayed around 7:00 this morning and it's still present. Close to the skin, but present.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
SOTD - ADGP (i keep forgetting how awesome this release is)
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1045 posts
792 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised at how Tres Nuit smells. I really like it.
The initial spray may be a little harsh, but not long after, It's nice.
Not sure if it is a sweet smell, but like you said Cash, it is smooth.
So, if I like Tres Nuit, is it fair to say I would like GIT?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote: Well, I'm pleasantly surprised at how Tres Nuit smells. I really like it.
The initial spray may be a little harsh, but not long after, It's nice.
Not sure if it is a sweet smell, but like you said Cash, it is smooth.
So, if I like Tres Nuit, is it fair to say I would like GIT?
I definitely think so. I think that the main difference is just in the opening. That said, there are a few reviewers I've seen who have basically said that Tres Nuit is so good and so close that they may not buy another GIT.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1045 posts
792 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
CashJinx wrote: I definitely think so. I think that the main difference is just in the opening. That said, there are a few reviewers I've seen who have basically said that Tres Nuit is so good and so close that they may not buy another GIT.
Yeah, I guess I don't mind the clones. I think I would like to get one bottle of some Creed fragrance.
I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Sampling Xerjoff Fiero.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1045 posts
792 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
SOTD- Prada L' Homme
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2310 posts
361 upvotes
What's this SOTD for and what does it mean?

Just got Prada Luna Rossa Carbon BNIB from a guy off kijiji in Toronto and this is going to be my go to cologne. It was $60, so saved about $40 off retail, he might still have more to sell.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1045 posts
792 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
mtlboy wrote: What's this SOTD for and what does it mean?

Just got Prada Luna Rossa Carbon BNIB from a guy off kijiji in Toronto and this is going to be my go to cologne. It was $60, so saved about $40 off retail, he might still have more to sell.
Oh, Prada Luna Rossa Carbon is nice.
Some like to post what they are wearing for the day. Scent Of The Day.
Apr 19, 2011
64 posts
49 upvotes
NORTH YORK
SOTD= Creed Royal Oud. Oud note is faint. Great scent, wished it lasted a little longer.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boomer777 wrote: SOTD= Creed Royal Oud. Oud note is faint. Great scent, wished it lasted a little longer.
It's definitely not a strong Oud which I kind of prefer. I got a little better than average performance from it, but it's definitely not a beast.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)