2527 posts
1070 upvotes
I think I am going to go with Fragrancebuy and get a couple tester bottles
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote: I almost was going to order Aventus from that Del sol place in France. 100ml would work out to $300 CA. Then I read on a forum someone else from Canada ordered from that site and customs tacked on $70, so came out to $370. Meanwhile I ordered 100ml from basenotes and it came to $190 CA, so almost half the cost. That should last for a while and keep me from getting it in the real bottle till next time around.
That's pretty good for the basenotes one. I still have more than 3/4 of the 120ml bottle I got over 1.5 years ago. The thing is with all the other stuff I have an rotating, I don't use that much of any given scent over the course of a year.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1047 posts
793 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
zzzz24 wrote: I think I am going to go with Fragrancebuy and get a couple tester bottles
Sure, I've gotten a few testers, no box and sometimes no cap, who cares. It saves money.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1438 posts
1125 upvotes
I have ordered a bunch from fragrencebuy and fragrencex. I always pick the testers to save $$$$

Never disappointed
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2527 posts
1070 upvotes
Any feedback on these? Mostly picking them through google/youtube reviews:

I am looking for a couple light/fresh one's and one that's a bit stronger

Nautica Voyage (cheap $20 and good reviews)
Versace Pour Homme
Aqua Di Gio Porfumo
Invictus
Spicebomb
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1047 posts
793 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
zzzz24 wrote: Any feedback on these? Mostly picking them through google/youtube reviews:

Versace Pour Homme
Aqua Di Gio Porfumo
Invictus
Spicebomb
I've only smelt Invictus and Aqua Di Gio, I like Invictus.
Those should be fairly easy to test in a dept. store.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zzzz24 wrote: Any feedback on these? Mostly picking them through google/youtube reviews:

Versace Pour Homme
Aqua Di Gio Porfumo
Invictus
Spicebomb
All good choices, but of these, Invictus is my least favourite. What you like is the most important thing though. Spicebomb is good, but may be better in the cooler weather, so you can hold off if you want on this one. Some people feel differently about the seasonality of fragrances, but there are some that I prefer to wear in colder weather. In summer they can seem too heavy/thick. ADG Profumo is a classic with good performance. I also have Versace Pour Homme. It is nice and fresh, but the performance on it isn't great. That is a curse of many fresh scents. I think the same thing happens for the Nautica. For me, this requires a respray in the afternoon. Might I suggest either Armaf Tres Nuit of Armaf Le Parfait? There are both fresh scents, nut different in a greener way that is different than the Nautica or the Versace. I would choose Nautica, Le Parfait/Tres Nuit and ADG Profumo if I had to choose 3 from your list (plus my suggestion(s)). I think they're sufficiently different that you wouldn't get bored with them. ADG Profumo will also perform well in cooler weather. You can get something like Spicebomb down the road when the fall comes.
May 20, 2006
807 posts
20 upvotes
Has anyone seen Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male, Dior Sauvage or YSL La Nuit L Homme at Costco before?

Or cheapest place to find them? (Include duties if you are listing US websites please)
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I picked up my Alexandria order yesterday, as well as my Molecule 01 clone.

Alexandria Wasted Moment - Definitely not wasted money. This stuff is sooo good! I haven't smelled the original (By Killian Apple Brandy), but this stuff smells so damn good! Warm spicy Boozy Apple.
Alexandria Dubai Lifestyle - This one is hard for me to describe. I haven't smelled the original for this one either (Bodicea the Victorious Blue Sapphire). It's very intriguing and complex. Sweet floral oud, but at the same time not so sweet. It is a beast too. I sprayed in on my arm to test it, and it smelled good, changing over time. I took a shower an hour later and it was still there after my shower!
Homebrew 01 - This is the Molecule 01 clone I got off amazon for $20. It is really nice. My wife, who is not a huge fan of scents in general actually said she liked it. It's hard to describe for me, but I';ll say it's a creamy sandalwood with excellent performance.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1047 posts
793 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
SOTD- Armaf Tres Nuit
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1047 posts
793 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
CashJinx wrote: I picked up my Alexandria order yesterday, as well as my Molecule 01 clone.
Glad you like your new stuff. I am interested in the Molecule 01 or clone of it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote: Glad you like your new stuff. I am interested in the Molecule 01 or clone of it.
I like it. Actually I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Earlier I wrote sandalwood, but I think it's more cedar like. That's probably why I like it more than I thought. What I got is basically a home made version of Molecule 01. I can't be 100% sure it is what they say it is, but for $20, I'm happy with the result.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Homebrew 01 (Molecule 01 clone)
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1438 posts
1125 upvotes
SOTD: L’Occitane Vetyver

It’s discontinued and awesome. Wish I had a backup bottle.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1047 posts
793 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
SOTD was - JPG Le Male eau Fraiche

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)