Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2020 1:15 am
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1045 posts
792 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
int wrote: I would get a decant of Aventus someday (was it that smellyfinger site that you used kwk1?).SOTD: Armaf CDNI

Great info, thanks for that. I have a sample of Pure Malt which will likely be my first Mugler bottle purchase.

Also looking for a barbershop/fougere scent. I like YSL's Rive Gauche, but I haven't sampled enough of this style to settle on one yet.
I got Millesime Imperial from smellyfinger. I thought I would try the other guy so got the Aventus from cleverusername. They are both on basenotes split forums and both were great to deal with.

I have only Mugler cologne, haven't tried any others from the brand.
Nov 14, 2003
921 posts
861 upvotes
Montreal
Forgot to mention, MAC has a 25% off code (MAC25) valid online and in-store until 3/25/2018. For those looking to get Velvet Teddy or one of their Leather scents (and you haven't found them at Winners for even cheaper), the discount puts a 1 bottle order under the free shipping minimum. So go with the in-store option instead.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote: Great info, thanks for that. I have a sample of Pure Malt which will likely be my first Mugler bottle purchase.

Also looking for a barbershop/fougere scent. I like YSL's Rive Gauche, but I haven't sampled enough of this style to settle on one yet.
Just be wary of the sprayer for the Pure Malt. I've seen some people cut out the plastic at the top to make it better/easier to use. I have Armaf Craze, whose bottle, cap and sprayer I don't like, so I just decant it into a 10ml sprayer I have.

Rive Gauche is supposed to be THE classic fougere. I need to try it sometime.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
Dinamo2016 wrote: ^The older one is a lot more intense and longer lasting. 3-4 sprays would last the whole day. Now I spray it 6-7 times and it doesn't last very long.
I have an older CDNI bottle with a silver atomizer. I heard the atomizer on the newer batches/bottles is black (I'm not sure of this as I have not yet come across a newer batch).
I agree with you, 2 - 3 sprays of my CDNI lasts the whole day easy.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2878 posts
16305 upvotes
SOTD - TdH EdP.. so much better smelling than the EdT..
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
markopas wrote: SOTD - TdH EdP.. so much better smelling than the EdT..
I'm not sure I've smelled the edp. I'll have to check that out. Is the performance any different? My skin drinks up the edt like crazy
Sep 13, 2016
454 posts
637 upvotes
GTA
speedy726 wrote: I have an older CDNI bottle with a silver atomizer. I heard the atomizer on the newer batches/bottles is black (I'm not sure of this as I have not yet come across a newer batch).
I agree with you, 2 - 3 sprays of my CDNI lasts the whole day easy.
Yes the new atomizer is black. Very disappointing as I bought the older batch only only a few months ago and loved it but now this batch is so weak.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
Dinamo2016 wrote: One of my favourites and the price is pretty reasonable.
It's great! It's like an 'airier' version of CASHEE. I paid about $45 for my 100ml tester bottle.
May 28, 2006
775 posts
498 upvotes
Just used the 15% off coupon for ebay on 3 samples/decants. Pomelo Paradis, Layton (already had a sample but now I have more!), and Un Jardin Sur Le Toit.

SOTD - La Nuit Frozen Cologne
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Smiley09 wrote: Just used the 15% off coupon for ebay on 3 samples/decants. Pomelo Paradis, Layton (already had a sample but now I have more!), and Un Jardin Sur Le Toit.

SOTD - La Nuit Frozen Cologne
All great stuff!! enjoy!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2059 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
Where/when is the best time to get Armaf on the cheap?
I doubt they're sold in the winter cologne/perfume warehouse sales
That's not a knife!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10608 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
dealo'day wrote: Where/when is the best time to get Armaf on the cheap?
I doubt they're sold in the winter cologne/perfume warehouse sales
CDNI? Through Fragrance Buy....$37.95

SOTD - from the house of Mancera....Cedrat Boise
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote: SOTD - from the house of Mancera....Cedrat Boise
Nice! How do you like it? On Fragrantica, people indicate that it's similar to Aventus. Do you get the same vibe?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)