Fraud at Future shop * Heartland Mavis Mississauga Location **

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2014 9:25 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2008
872 posts
105 upvotes

Fraud at Future shop * Heartland Mavis Mississauga Location **

Hii guys i need your help urgently. Today jan 11th, 10 i bought a Gateway laptop with intel i3 processer the csr was good he told me if i buy open box he will give me $30 discount. I got the laptop with PSP i came home and opened the laptop and notice the intel i3 logo was not sticky. I started the laptop and while i was installing the programs i noticed that it was slower then intel core 2 duo processer. The rep showed me display laptop which had Quad processers. I decided to check the specs under my computer and found out i got robbed. The processer was T4300 pentium which is way older chip. The box says right specs the the laptop model is old. The time i came home fs was already closed. I just wanted to know how do i approach this issue. Should i go straight talk to manager or just the csr. Btw i was so ambarrased infront of my relatives :(

The notebook inside the box is
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 287&catid=

Futureshop has deleted the link to the laptop i bought.

This is what i got when i turned the Laptop On
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2d7ilpx.jpg[/IMG]

and if you guys wanna see the actual laptop here you go

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/qys20z.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2641ijn.jpg[/IMG]

This is the Box specification. you will see its different then the real specification in the picture

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2dt7ubp.jpg[/IMG]

i want you help guys i paid $890 for the laptop. it hard earned money.

-------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE : Jan 13 About 11 30 am :
Hii guys so i went to the futureshop. The guy claim to be the store manager he had a sales associate Tag told me the laptop inside the box we never even sell them he lied http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 287&catid= Futureshop did sold them. he was accusing me.

He said all the stickers have been tempered we do recovery before selling the product. ( ConnectPro-Tech Wireless Profile is still availiable in wireless connections. which means a tech looked at the laptop at some point)

The manager was so rude he told me go to court or police if u like. I emailed the customer@futureshop.com for complain they replied that they will reply in 48 hours. I went to the police station and they told me its a civil matter we cant do much about it.
==================================================================

Update : Jan 13 about 11:00 PM
i managed to find the name of the person who owned the laptop in the first place. I got his First Name "Rolin" When you log in to the computer and when i opened hotmail i found the full email address
The last time the laptop wirelessly connect was at futureshop. I see ConnectPro in wireless connections

=====================================================

Update: Jan 14 9:00am
Futureshop replied my email and asked for further infromation my home address,phone number etc,
sent them the ConnectPro-Tech Wireless Profile Picture, and as well as the name and email address of the person who last used it

====================================================
Update: Jan 14 1:10 Pm
Still waiting for reply from FS i will update the thread when ever i get a reply from them

Update Jan 14 About 3:00 PM

Received a call from Futureshop Manager i spoke to the first day, He asked me to bring laptop in for inspection. He is not working on Friday so i have to take it in on Saterday morning, I will update on Saterday what happened at the Store.

Update Jan 17 about 11 am

Went to the store. Store manager and regional manager both were present at the same time. They gave me an exchange but still they didnt accept their fault. It was an horrible experience. i will never ever gonna go back to the futureshop. Its all about sales target for them. When it comes to customer service they are down at the bottom. I showed them too many proofs and they all had the same answer. We dont know what happened.

Anyways i wanted to thank all of the member who supported me and motivated me to go after them. Thanks guys if it wasnt a redflag community i would have given up already. `THANKS ALOT and MUCh Appreciated``

Thanks Ellen Roseman. you are the best. Guys if you face these kind of problems do contact her. She will help you alot.

Think Twice before going to the futureshop.

================================

Few questions that were never answered i thought i should share.

FS said we dont even carry the laptops that i was showing to them.

Q. If they dont sell these laptops, how come it had Connect Pro Tech wireless profile saved. (ConnectPro is a futureshop's IT department)

When i showed them ConnectPro wireless Profile they said, " Oh we restore all the computers before selling them, may be this was missed. They Tech people might be checking to see if all the components are working or not"

Q. Well if they dont even sell these laptops, what this laptop was doing in their Tech department?

Well its still a mystrey for me.

============+==============

Few people asked me why i just did not got the refund.

Ans.
They gave me only one option which was an exchange, since they never accepted their mistakes. And the only thing they apoligize was about the way they spoke to us on the first day. I had no choice i had to do an exchange. I wanted my money back too. They manager has wrote on the receipt "No Exchange"

==============================

And again i want to thank everyone who supported me.
288 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1297 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Does the serial number on the box match the receipt & laptop?
Bill
My blog
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9715 posts
1835 upvotes
Victoria
Rule #1) Charge All Major Purchases to your credit card.

That being said:

First step is to bring it back to future shop and explain what happened.

if they don't believe you, contact your credit card, company, explain it to them, and start the process of reversing it off your credit card.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1134 upvotes
Montreal
Do you mean the laptop doesn't match the box? Or just you bought something not match the csr said?

Bring back tomorrow and get a refund (14 days).
Feb 25, 2006
256 posts
24 upvotes
Simply get it exchanged. Go to customer service and tell them your story, they'll probably have a csr/manager look at the problem and see it's been tampered with then will simply apologize and give you another one (hopefully they honour the same price if they have the same model in stock)
Oct 22, 2004
514 posts
106 upvotes
Before you jump to conclusions, there's a good chance that someone ELSE fraudulently returned that laptop in the box and Future Shop was none the wiser, and then tried to sell it as an open-box item.

I really hope you don't get screwed over, though. > :(
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
Be prepared for a fight since there are quite a few instances of people trying to return old items instead of the item they purchased and retailers know this. I would also check to see if there is any information on the computer that would show that you are not one of those people and it is not your old computer.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2008
872 posts
105 upvotes
Hii guys thx for ur reply. The laptop that i bought is not the one in the box. The box is the one they sold me it has all the specs i need and i paid for. But the real product inside the box doesnt match the specs. The actual price is $729 i paid 699 since it was open box
[OP]
Dec 10, 2008
872 posts
105 upvotes
Well what should i do if they dont trust me what are my options?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1134 upvotes
Montreal
zod wrote: Rule #1) Charge All Major Purchases to your credit card.
That being said:
First step is to bring it back to future shop and explain what happened.
if they don't believe you, contact your credit card, company, explain it to them, and start the process of reversing it off your credit card.
+1 totally.
adiprince1 wrote: Well what should i do if they dont trust me what are my options?
:arrowu:
adiprince1 wrote: Hii guys thx for ur reply. The laptop that i bought is not the one in the box. The box is the one they sold me it has all the specs i need and i paid for. But the real product inside the box doesnt match the specs. The actual price is $729 i paid 699 since it was open box
I will never get an open box with this price - $30 out of a $729 laptop.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
adiprince1 wrote: Well what should i do if they dont trust me what are my options?
You'll probably need to go up the ladder (store manager, DM, etc) and if that doesn't work, goto the media.

Doubt this is fraud by FS but rather either fraud by someone returning and not carefully examining the product or the reps @ FS committing fraud (i.e. switch the product while its @ CS so they get a better laptop).
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1297 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Does the serial number on the bill match the laptop? if not your SOL.
Bill
My blog
[OP]
Dec 10, 2008
872 posts
105 upvotes
Thx guys i will go to fs tommorow first thing in the morning and i will update the page :) thx for all wonderfull suggesstions