Expired Freebies

[Chapters Indigo] FREE $10 Chapters/Indigo GIFT CARD-JUST WRITE 2 REVIEWS FOR HOMESTARS ! (Exp June 15)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2012 9:39 am
[OP]
May 28, 2011
503 posts
403 upvotes

[Chapters Indigo] FREE $10 Chapters/Indigo GIFT CARD-JUST WRITE 2 REVIEWS FOR HOMESTARS ! (Exp June 15)

Registration Required.
Sign up for an account with HomeStars, and write 2 (legit :lol :) reviews for them.
Your reviews will have to be approved before you get the gift card.

Link: http://homestars.com/contests/chapters- ... pr-23-2012
42 replies
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3310 posts
980 upvotes
Maybe I can pick up the new Dark Tower with this. Thanks!
[OP]
May 28, 2011
503 posts
403 upvotes
selkies wrote: scam?
:facepalm:

No.
They had this kind of promotion before for a $10 iTunes gift card, which I received.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40773 posts
6260 upvotes
Pratzy wrote: Registration Required.
Sign up for an account with HomeStars, and write 2 (legit :lol :) reviews for them.
Your reviews will have to be approved before you get the gift card.

Link: http://homestars.com/contests/chapters- ... pr-23-2012

So its a hit or miss then, i.e. one's review cannot be approved hence no GC then?

Also how long does it take for the GC to be sent out once approved?

Edit: So I just wrote 2 reviews and we shall now see. Wrote a review for Appliance Canada and Pinewood Heating & AC
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 3, 2012
231 posts
39 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wrote reviews during the Esso gas card promotion. Had to verify one review with invoice number, contact details etc. Received my gift card 2 weeks after the reviews were approved.
[OP]
May 28, 2011
503 posts
403 upvotes
djemzine wrote: So its a hit or miss then, i.e. one's review cannot be approved hence no GC then?

You could just write more than 2 reviews if you want. Write 10 if you like. I'm pretty sure atleast 2 of them will be approved.
I've had no problem with my reviews being approved in the past.
I wrote two for this, waiting for approval.
[OP]
May 28, 2011
503 posts
403 upvotes
nitroblu wrote: Don't we have a Freebies section?

Is it really a freebie ?
After all you are contributing your time and experience into writing something for their website. You aren't getting this for free since you're exchanging your insight/valuable experiences with various household services; something that will help their site grow.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3142 posts
1653 upvotes
Pratzy wrote: Is it really a freebie ?
After all you are contributing your time and experience into writing something for their website. You aren't getting this for free since you're exchanging your insight/valuable experiences with various household services; something that will help their site grow.

If that is going to be your definition of a 'freebie' then nothing on this site would be a freebie since you need to use your time and energy to fill out a form, click like on facebook, etc
Apr 22, 2010
527 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pratzy wrote: :facepalm:

No.
They had this kind of promotion before for a $10 iTunes gift card, which I received.

Shove your face palm somewhere else I was asking a legitimate question. I forgot those arent allowed on Internet forums these days
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8250 posts
11317 upvotes
djemzine wrote: So its a hit or miss then, i.e. one's review cannot be approved hence no GC then?...
I just wrote 2 reviews and we shall now see...
Thanks OP,

Gave it a shot.

Technically, they can refuse everything, but what would be the point of that.

From what I recall, approval should take 24 hours, so if my 2 reviews don't pass,
I'll consider posting something else within the remaining 9 days.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40773 posts
6260 upvotes
I just got an email saying both my articles have been reviewed and published.

Does anyone know what are the next steps usually for the card to be sent out, etc? I.e. to those who have done this kind of promo in the past?
Proud to be an Indian.