Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Chapters Indigo

FREE $10 Chapters/Indigo GIFT CARD-JUST WRITE 2 REVIEWS FOR HOMESTARS ! (Exp June 15)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2012 9:39 am
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2318 upvotes

[Chapters Indigo] FREE $10 Chapters/Indigo GIFT CARD-JUST WRITE 2 REVIEWS FOR HOMESTARS ! (Exp June 15)

Registration Required.
Sign up for an account with HomeStars, and write 2 (legit :lol :) reviews for them.
Your reviews will have to be approved before you get the gift card.

Link: http://homestars.com/contests/chapters- ... pr-23-2012
42 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 6, 2012
3424 posts
1073 upvotes
Maybe I can pick up the new Dark Tower with this. Thanks!
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2318 upvotes
selkies wrote: scam?
:facepalm:


No.
They had this kind of promotion before for a $10 iTunes gift card, which I received.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44559 posts
7780 upvotes
Pratzy wrote: Registration Required.
Sign up for an account with HomeStars, and write 2 (legit :lol :) reviews for them.
Your reviews will have to be approved before you get the gift card.

Link: http://homestars.com/contests/chapters- ... pr-23-2012

So its a hit or miss then, i.e. one's review cannot be approved hence no GC then?

Also how long does it take for the GC to be sent out once approved?

Edit: So I just wrote 2 reviews and we shall now see. Wrote a review for Appliance Canada and Pinewood Heating & AC
Blanka
Member
User avatar
Mar 3, 2012
231 posts
39 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wrote reviews during the Esso gas card promotion. Had to verify one review with invoice number, contact details etc. Received my gift card 2 weeks after the reviews were approved.
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2318 upvotes
djemzine wrote: So its a hit or miss then, i.e. one's review cannot be approved hence no GC then?

You could just write more than 2 reviews if you want. Write 10 if you like. I'm pretty sure atleast 2 of them will be approved.
I've had no problem with my reviews being approved in the past.
I wrote two for this, waiting for approval.
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2318 upvotes
nitroblu wrote: Don't we have a Freebies section?

Is it really a freebie ?
After all you are contributing your time and experience into writing something for their website. You aren't getting this for free since you're exchanging your insight/valuable experiences with various household services; something that will help their site grow.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3271 posts
1901 upvotes
Pratzy wrote: Is it really a freebie ?
After all you are contributing your time and experience into writing something for their website. You aren't getting this for free since you're exchanging your insight/valuable experiences with various household services; something that will help their site grow.

If that is going to be your definition of a 'freebie' then nothing on this site would be a freebie since you need to use your time and energy to fill out a form, click like on facebook, etc
Sr. Member
Apr 22, 2010
597 posts
192 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Pratzy wrote: :facepalm:


No.
They had this kind of promotion before for a $10 iTunes gift card, which I received.

Shove your face palm somewhere else I was asking a legitimate question. I forgot those arent allowed on Internet forums these days
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2009
4843 posts
9268 upvotes
Scarborough
thread moved to "freebies"
Get a deal, share a deal
Happy Deal Hunting
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 7, 2011
11227 posts
21551 upvotes
djemzine wrote: So its a hit or miss then, i.e. one's review cannot be approved hence no GC then?...
I just wrote 2 reviews and we shall now see...
Thanks OP,

Gave it a shot.

Technically, they can refuse everything, but what would be the point of that.

From what I recall, approval should take 24 hours, so if my 2 reviews don't pass,
I'll consider posting something else within the remaining 9 days.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44559 posts
7780 upvotes
I just got an email saying both my articles have been reviewed and published.

Does anyone know what are the next steps usually for the card to be sent out, etc? I.e. to those who have done this kind of promo in the past?
Blanka
Sr. Member
Apr 6, 2011
570 posts
238 upvotes
djemzine wrote: I just got an email saying both my articles have been reviewed and published.

Does anyone know what are the next steps usually for the card to be sent out, etc? I.e. to those who have done this kind of promo in the past?

last year when home stars had this option, they emailed you a code and a pin to use in store or online.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44559 posts
7780 upvotes
sedani wrote: last year when home stars had this option, they emailed you a code and a pin to use in store or online.

Hmmm...
Blanka
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 7, 2011
11227 posts
21551 upvotes
djemzine wrote: I just got an email saying both my articles have been reviewed and published.

Does anyone know what are the next steps usually for the card to be sent out, etc? I.e. to those who have done this kind of promo in the past?
Me Too :cheesygri

Well actually, I received two separate emails...

Your review on " " is now published!

You can edit your review at anytime on your reviews tab of your dashboard.

Thank you for helping other homeowners in your neighborhood with crucial home improvement decisions.

I'm sure we'll be receiving another email with further details soon enough.


When I log back into my account...

Your review of " " is approved

Your review of " " is approved

Chapters $10 Giftcard:
Here's what you did: Wrote 2 Reviews
Do you have a question about the approval process? Use the feedback tab on the right hand side of your screen to get in touch.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44559 posts
7780 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Me Too :cheesygri

Well actually, I received two separate emails...

Your review on " " is now published!

You can edit your review at anytime on your reviews tab of your dashboard.

Thank you for helping other homeowners in your neighborhood with crucial home improvement decisions.

I'm sure we'll be receiving another email with further details soon enough.


When I log back into my account...

Your review of " " is approved

Your review of " " is approved

Chapters $10 Giftcard:
Here's what you did: Wrote 2 Reviews
Do you have a question about the approval process? Use the feedback tab on the right hand side of your screen to get in touch.

So wait, you basically had two emails to get two $10 GCs or? Ya I contacted them to see what the process is afterwards, etc. Waiting for a reply.
Blanka

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)