Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Free $10 gift card for switching to automatic payment YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2020 2:58 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1203 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
jocyyu wrote: I enrolled the day before and saw it today in the app

options are Apple/itunes, Indigo, PetroCan, and donate to some charity

I never get any notifications from the app on my iphone, even though I turned it on.
Had to go into the app to check manually
It has no option for me to enroll pre-authorization on my iphone 7. (I found it how to pre-auth now).
I enroll it thru my desktop.
How do you check manually the $10 gift card when it is ready?
Does it show up on the messages box? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1203 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
Shutdown wrote: Just got mine today. Went with the $10 prepaid card (MasterCard)Screenshot_20201105_103416_com.fidosolutions.myaccount.jpg
how long does it take to have the gift card show up? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2819 posts
3403 upvotes
Toronto
Gary320 wrote:
How long did it take you to receive the notification?
It took 2 days from enrolling until I got the reward selections notice in the Fido app. There was no notification from Fido otherwise, I just checked the app.

@HappyValley1 I picked the $10 prepaid Mastercard as well and got it instantly.

Since I hate dealing with limits on prepaid credit cards, I went to Amazon and bought an Amazon gift card. That way I don't have to worry about buying things under $10 or ask to manually split between 2 payment methods. =)
Apr 1, 2004
532 posts
406 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote: It has no option for me to enroll pre-authorization on my iphone 7. (I found it how to pre-auth now).
it showed up when you click into the Fido Xtras page
(the same page with all the contests and promos)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5567 posts
7771 upvotes
Vancouver
For those who did it: Is there an option somewhere [within My Account pbly] to stop/cancel automatic payments??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Dec 21, 2012
431 posts
456 upvotes
max011 wrote: For those who did it: Is there an option somewhere [within My Account pbly] to stop/cancel automatic payments??
Looks like you can go to the Billings page in the app once you sign in to change your payment back to Invoice method.
Feb 16, 2017
222 posts
295 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
HappyValley1 wrote: It has no option for me to enroll pre-authorization on my iphone 7. (I found it how to pre-auth now).
How are you able to en-roll via desktop? Since Fido My Account is still down for "Maintence"
(Telus $55 / 150GB USA+MEX+CAN)
Oct 25, 2019
491 posts
212 upvotes
makstor wrote: Actually I think this is new revenue stream for Fido - they will charge you 25$ after 3 failed CC charge attempts!!! So be careful - make sure to cancel it! I had it for a while, then my card expired and I didn't bother to change info - so they sent me couple notifications about failed payment and then charged 25$ fee! I never heard of this before! I can understand old scheme of charging fees for NSF bank check - but never though they would dare to charge me for failed CC transactions. When I tried to waive these charges it was not easy! I had to chat with 2 reps and cancel my service! After that only thing they can do for me is give me service credit when I pay outstanding balance - and of course I don't need this credit since I canceled the service. I am sure there is something about this in legal agreement - but tis is type of thing they should give big bold warning about when you agree. Seems like scam to me!
Honestly, I don't think they are in the wrong in charging you for that. Like, I mean, they gave you not one, not two, but three attempts to charge your card. That on top of the notifications they sent you each time it failed. It is more than enough chances for you to make it right. It costs companies money to process your credit card each transaction whether it goes through or not. Moneris etc. charge vendors each time a card is 'swiped' irrespective of the payment going through or not.

This is common practice among most utilities to charge for dishonoured payments be it cheques, or pre-auth CC.
Last time my credit card was expiring at Fido pre-auth, I got an email notification to update it and also saw it right at the top each time I logged into my account on Fido.ca so you could have updated it then.
Regarding the legal agreement, well, whenever you are signing up for pre-authorized at any company, you are in effect agreeing that it will go through and they will get their payment on time. That is all what the word 'pre-authorized' means. And if the transaction does not go through, you are actually in breach of the contract.

I am not a fan of Canadian teleco's at all and don't hesitate to call them out when they are wrong. But here, Fido is in the clean. Not a scam at all. This falls more into being financially disciplined and keeping all your utilities and their accounts in order.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1203 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
XSHABX wrote: How are you able to en-roll via desktop? Since Fido My Account is still down for "Maintence"
May be I did it before the maintenance window. But I am not sure whether I am eligible for the $10 bonus because I did not use the mobile App to enroll it.
After I enrolled in the desktop then I found out how to enroll in the FIDO App, But it already show my payment method is pre-authorized.
But I did it again in the FIDO App one more time/. As today Nov 9, I haven't get the $10 e-gift yet.
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
Got this just now as well. Going to disable automatic payments now :)
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
514 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nothin. I just joined Fido Tuesday though.. lol
Apr 1, 2009
669 posts
970 upvotes
Winnipeg
Also nothing yet. I just added a line and the CSR says that the credit is on the account but won't show up until I finish setting the new line up. (OG plan is just the standalone 3 gb tablet plan, RIP).
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3762 posts
1544 upvotes
Montreal
I got this but not even sure how to set it up, I currently owe them $0 do I need to wait for next billing to be able to setup?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
2861 posts
3497 upvotes
Vancouver
sunnysidesolutions wrote: I canceled my automatic payments and removed my credit card in the hopes that this offer goes on longer enough that I eventually get it Confused Face
Ugh never got the offer
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9802 posts
5796 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
makstor wrote: Actually I think this is new revenue stream for Fido - they will charge you 25$ after 3 failed CC charge attempts!!! So be careful - make sure to cancel it! I had it for a while, then my card expired and I didn't bother to change info - so they sent me couple notifications about failed payment and then charged 25$ fee! I never heard of this before! I can understand old scheme of charging fees for NSF bank check - but never though they would dare to charge me for failed CC transactions. When I tried to waive these charges it was not easy! I had to chat with 2 reps and cancel my service! After that only thing they can do for me is give me service credit when I pay outstanding balance - and of course I don't need this credit since I canceled the service. I am sure there is something about this in legal agreement - but tis is type of thing they should give big bold warning about when you agree. Seems like scam to me!
I experienced the same problem before. I also never heard of the $25 charge until I see it.
But luckily, they credited me back after spending 1 hr on the phone.
I asked them why there is no email telling me the deduction failed and they said they dont have that function.
Is it not a normal function to have if to notify you if the payment failed? I was like what?!

I just signed up for the internet 2 days ago. I see no message in the app yet.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Nov 28, 2020
26 posts
46 upvotes
Check Fido Extras if your an existing Post-paid customer! All you have to do is set-up auto payments for 3 months and you get options for $10 gift cards!
Images
  • Screenshot_20201215-233120.png
Last edited by AliceL76533 on Dec 16th, 2020 2:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6608 posts
3909 upvotes
don't got it on mine, probably because I already have pre-auth setup.

likely for prepaid only then as it shows there. most of us I'd assume are postpaid
Last edited by trinxified on Dec 15th, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2053 posts
4698 upvotes
Prepaid card? So this is for prepaid customers only?

I'm postpaid and I don't have this offer.
Nov 26, 2014
184 posts
93 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Not on my fido xtra and I'm not on pre-auth set up, may be a YMMV situation
May 27, 2018
78 posts
82 upvotes
Waterloo
Definitely YMMV.

Got mine a while ago but my girlfriend never did.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)