Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Free 10GB bonus data [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 1:41 am
Oct 5, 2017
58 posts
24 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I received the same text message yesterday and signed in to accept the extra data.

So now I'm at 25gb per month, unlimited North American calling, unlimited international texts, 1000 international long distance minutes, call display, call waiting, call fowarding and voice mail for $55 per month plus taxes.

I'm in Surrey, British Columbia and on a month-to-month plan with Fido.

EDIT: What's with all the downvotes to the poster's thread? Free is free!
Sep 13, 2011
106 posts
161 upvotes
THORNHILL
Congratulations to all those that got this bonus add on for free. Has anyone on Rogers had any luck with a similar promotion or has it only been Fido.
Sep 26, 2010
183 posts
36 upvotes
I have 2 lines on $50/15GB winback plan and have not received text msg.
Oct 25, 2019
260 posts
90 upvotes
zzsfx wrote: I have 2 lines on $50/15GB winback plan and have not received text msg.
same

Question for people who have got these bonus data texts... were you guys either always going over your data before or just very near it?
Thinking if that had any part to play..
Oct 25, 2019
260 posts
90 upvotes
TrickyTreeRed wrote: I received the same text message yesterday and signed in to accept the extra data.

So now I'm at 25gb per month, unlimited North American calling, unlimited international texts, 1000 international long distance minutes, call display, call waiting, call fowarding and voice mail for $55 per month plus taxes.

I'm in Surrey, British Columbia and on a month-to-month plan with Fido.

EDIT: What's with all the downvotes to the poster's thread? Free is free!
that sounds like a really plan.. how old is this plan? Usually the 15GB $50 does not have the 1000 international minutes...
Oct 5, 2017
58 posts
24 upvotes
Surrey, BC
mythical wrote: that sounds like a really plan.. how old is this plan? Usually the 15GB $50 does not have the 1000 international minutes...
I've been on this plan for about four or five years. I was originally at 10gb per month, but I've automatically received the bumps ups from FIDO.

The plan was not advertised. I managed to negotiate it whilst talking to their customer service one day.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1191 posts
2465 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mythical wrote: same

Question for people who have got these bonus data texts... were you guys either always going over your data before or just very near it?
Thinking if that had any part to play..

My voice lines are currently on temporary suspension so my account basically shows ZERO data usage fore the past few months. I can’t say if that was the qualifier for receiving these bonus packs.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1097 posts
575 upvotes
Richmond Hill
no 10gb for me..but I've been getting free 5gb promo like 3 times now already. It just over laps and changes the expiration date for the prior 5gb bonuses.

$50-15gb plan here .
Dec 19, 2006
29 posts
3 upvotes
So I called tonight and got my plan changed. So I've got my plan down to $45 for 6GB and free home phone, but was hoping to add the 10 GB free data, but the change doesn't go into effect until the 20th and the promotion ends tonight. Missed it by that much. :'-(
May 24, 2017
755 posts
504 upvotes
GTA
raidencreed wrote: So I called tonight and got my plan changed. So I've got my plan down to $45 for 6GB and free home phone, but was hoping to add the 10 GB free data, but the change doesn't go into effect until the 20th and the promotion ends tonight. Missed it by that much. :'-(
Hold on for black Friday deals which is not far away.