Hot Deals

[OLG] Free $2 Lightning Lotto Coupon (ON only)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2021 8:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
2327 posts
1996 upvotes
Ottawa
Luyuan20 wrote: Should specify Ontario only. Unable to sign up in AB
Sorry, I thought "OLG" covered that base, but it's Friday - I've added "ON only" to the thread title :)
I am a current Koodo customer
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 10, 2014
789 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hmm can't sign in with my regular olg account. Do you have to make a lightning lotto specific one?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
2327 posts
1996 upvotes
Ottawa
McGarnagle wrote: Hmm can't sign in with my regular olg account. Do you have to make a lightning lotto specific one?
I get confused with all of OLG's different sites/apps/accounts - this coupon requires you to sign in to your Winner's Edge account, which may be different than your OLG account?

https://profile.olg.ca/default.aspx?p=wer_signup
I am a current Koodo customer
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2013
910 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
ahlong wrote: my local variety store did not know how to scan it he said that both QR codes were too close to each other or something...
Image
LOL So just cover the one you don't need? Tell them to read the "To the retailer" instructions? It's all there spelled out for them...

To redeem the eCoupon:
MOBILE DEVICE:
Yellow barcode: Turn on customer facing barcode reader (if you have one) and have the customer scan the yellow barcode to redeem.
Blue barcode: Scan the blue barcode with your retailer barcode scanner to redeem.
Last edited by RoseTech on Oct 16th, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 17, 2017
2360 posts
1188 upvotes
RoseTech wrote: LOL... tell them to read the "To the retailer" part for instructions.
only did a screen shot i didnt know there were instructions -_- all i can think of is give me my phone back so i can disinfect it LOL
I advise you to print the coupon if you can.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2013
910 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
ahlong wrote: only did a screen shot i didnt know there were instructions -_- all i can think of is give me my phone back so i can disinfect it LOL
I advise you to print the coupon if you can.
Welp now you know the 2 lines of instructions ☝ so you're an expert now lol
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2235 posts
2074 upvotes
Whitby
geokilla wrote: Why is it saying I don't have an OLG account even though I have an OLG account?
Make new one. fresh email acct.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2235 posts
2074 upvotes
Whitby
slash407 wrote: people never cease to amaze me, so ur gonna put on a stupid mask, use hand sanitizer stay 6 feet away, only too hand over your phone to the bloke at the counter for a 2 dollar ticker, yes u need to hand over the phone to him so he can scan it on his side
print off and scan.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2235 posts
2074 upvotes
Whitby
This game is nonsense and will die a swift death. Get your ticket and scan it on machine right away. You don't have to wait.

Numbers are drawn at start of day.

I won 2 rolled it back in and lost it. :P

OLG is pulling in alot more than 300k with this nonsense. Stay away. ( heavy tax on ontarians ) stay away. even if you "win" it ain't much money. Those secondary prizes are a joke.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
2327 posts
1996 upvotes
Ottawa
McGarnagle wrote: Hmm can't sign in with my regular olg account. Do you have to make a lightning lotto specific one?
geokilla wrote: Why is it saying I don't have an OLG account even though I have an OLG account?
From what I can tell, your OLG Account is different from your Winner's Edge Account:
  • Winner's Edge Account (need to sign in for this coupon): profile.olg.ca
  • OLG Account: www.olg.ca (used to be playolg.ca, until very recently)

I have no idea if you can link those accounts?
Last edited by cappaj on Oct 16th, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a current Koodo customer
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 17, 2017
2360 posts
1188 upvotes
RoseTech wrote: Welp now you know the 2 lines of instructions ☝ so you're an expert now lol
lol won't attempt it again until i print it! more safe!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2013
910 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
slash407 wrote: people never cease to amaze me, so ur gonna put on a stupid mask, use hand sanitizer stay 6 feet away, only too hand over your phone to the bloke at the counter for a 2 dollar ticker, yes u need to hand over the phone to him so he can scan it on his side
Thinking FaceThinking Face"Have the customer scan the yellow barcode on the customer-facing scanner."

Or yeah, print it.
ahlong wrote: lol won't attempt it again until i print it! more safe!
Lol based on the bad initial response you got I wouldn't blame you
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2013
910 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
dyalect wrote: This game is nonsense and will die a swift death. Get your ticket and scan it on machine right away. You don't have to wait.
Numbers are drawn at start of day.
I won 2 rolled it back in and lost it. :P
Well it ain't called "Lightning" High Voltage Sign for nothing Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2235 posts
2074 upvotes
Whitby
RoseTech wrote: Well it ain't called "Lightning" High Voltage Sign for nothing Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
LIE-tning. A huge LIE. lol

Money gone as quick as lightning.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1545 posts
2418 upvotes
Toronto
ahlong wrote: my local variety store did not know how to scan it he said that both QR codes were too close to each other or something...
variety store people are not up on these things. will lottery outlets like shoppers drug mart know what to do?
Member
User avatar
Oct 30, 2017
258 posts
233 upvotes
London, ON
Tried and lost....that was fast....$2 for 0.2 seconds of fun Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2003
2821 posts
608 upvotes
Ottawa
Lotto = poor people's tax
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
15856 posts
4377 upvotes
Markham
SWstriker17 wrote: I'm guessing this is not for everyone? Not seeing it in my OLG app
Didn't show in app, but I received email for it
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1866 posts
3961 upvotes
Markham
dux wrote: Lotto = poor people's tax
More like a stupid tax rather than a poor tax.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)