Free 2020 Tax return programs

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2021 3:38 pm
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11325 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
Sure, but social media tracks you as you keep on using the web. So they know a fair bit.
ml88888888 wrote: Social media won’t have any personal info unless you provide it. I am surprised to see that people are so careless about their personal info about that they put them on social media. That is why I never put any personal info on social media. I even use fake name on my social media profile. Just in case you have never heard of a story before social media was created that thief would look at obituary in newspaper to find out the date and time a funeral so they know nobody is at home so they can break in to the homeowner’s house.
I see people put all kinds of personal info on Social media that identity thief can use to steal money from you.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3692 posts
2099 upvotes
Master2031 wrote: No offense but you guys are out to lunch. I’ve said this before , if you think social media doesn’t have personal info on you , please watch the social dilemma on Netflix

It’s mind boggling how people still think all of their info is kept safe and secure.
Where does social media get your personal info from? Definitely not from gov’t.
Apr 18, 2020
33 posts
15 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: I already made that suggestion. But have not heard nothing yet.
I'm keen to pitch in as well if there is a group looking to share 1 licence.
Feb 18, 2007
747 posts
917 upvotes
Vancouver
ml88888888 wrote: I already made that suggestion. But have not heard nothing yet.
As much as I like cheaping out this crosses some moral lines personally. If you can't afford $15, then use the other free alternatives...

You're basically getting a group together to screw the devs over a $15 license fee
Oct 30, 2019
178 posts
347 upvotes
Pay the 15 for StudioTax - I am a CPA and the software does everything from a simple tax return to a very complicated tax return

OR use a comparable software

Profile, $260 for 20 returns
https://profile.intuit.ca/pricing/
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1201 posts
531 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: not everyone wants to store their personal data online.
I am one of these people, but being shoved into a corner being forced to pay so my info isn't stored online is a hard concept to swallow.
Master2031 wrote: It’s the year 2021. You don’t think the government/social media already has your info. Unreal ...
Hear no evil, see no evil
Comforting lies vs unpleasant truths.
Jan 9, 2021
31 posts
5 upvotes
I have used StudioTax for the past several years and would like to continue using it.

Can anyone confirm the $15 licence includes all 20 returns? (good for the entire family and friends?)
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1201 posts
531 upvotes
bg8055 wrote: Pay the 15 for StudioTax - I am a CPA and the software does everything from a simple tax return to a very complicated tax return
Lol. In every profession there's ineptness, incompetence, or just sheer stupidity. I find it hard to believe any legitimate CPA would recommend Studio Tax unless they're maybe close to 100 years old.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3692 posts
2099 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Lol. In every profession there's ineptness, incompetence, or just sheer stupidity. I find it hard to believe any legitimate CPA would recommend Studio Tax unless they're maybe close to 100 years old.
Why not if it does most of the things you need?
Oct 30, 2019
178 posts
347 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Lol. In every profession there's ineptness, incompetence, or just sheer stupidity. I find it hard to believe any legitimate CPA would recommend Studio Tax unless they're maybe close to 100 years old.
Please explain...
Jun 25, 2017
668 posts
284 upvotes
LOL
Jun 25, 2017
668 posts
284 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: I am one of these people, but being shoved into a corner being forced to pay so my info isn't stored online is a hard concept to swallow.

Hear no evil, see no evil
Comforting lies vs unpleasant truths
Bingo
Dec 8, 2020
33 posts
29 upvotes
How do these compare to turbotax software download
Oct 30, 2019
178 posts
347 upvotes
im in public practice. i live and breathe personal and corporate tax, i know what works and what doesn't, .. don't knock the software because your incompetent, you havent given no reason why studiotax is inferior to what your using
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6592 posts
174 upvotes
Studio Tax? I dropped them like a hot potato many years ago. Modernization isn't a concept their programmers and developers seem to grasp.

Is it safe to assume all, if not most of Studio tax's acolytes are here (and on Facebook or Reddit) defending Studio Tax?

Some people love using sheet. Now, I read Studio Tax is charging their customers unless you have a really low income because their previous model was generating very little if any revenue?

Perhaps you [dinasours] have something on the side where you're charging others to do their taxes? If it was me, I would use a premium Canadian tax application, not this junk. :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
5639 posts
2754 upvotes
Global Village
Been using StudioTax for years without issues, will gladly pay the $15. Like others have mentioned I really would like to avoid posting my info on a web-based tax service if I can help it.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1328 posts
562 upvotes
Vancouver
Guest20190318 wrote: Studio Tax? I dropped them like a hot potato many years ago. Modernization isn't a concept their programmers and developers seem to grasp.

Is it safe to assume all, if not most of Studio tax's acolytes are here (and on Facebook or Reddit) defending Studio Tax?

Some people love using sheet. Now, I read Studio Tax is charging their customers unless you have a really low income because their previous model was generating very little if any revenue?

Perhaps you [dinasours] have something on the side where you're charging others to do their taxes? If it was me, I would use a premium Canadian tax application, not this junk. :facepalm:
So because Studio Tax doesn't look pretty it's junk?