5461 posts
1549 upvotes
Toronto
when are 2019 taxes due?
Aug 26, 2011
109 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
i dont care if i have to pay for studiotax i filed my taxes for the first time last year and it was easy to use program 10/10
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5983 posts
1798 upvotes
Scarborough
Does anyone know if studio tax files can be imported to another tax software? I've got some carry forward/historical amounts that I don't want to input again if I choose the free route.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3692 posts
2099 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: Does anyone know if studio tax files can be imported to another tax software? I've got some carry forward/historical amounts that I don't want to input again if I choose the free route.
which free one you have in mind? The only other local install one that was free for tax year 2019 is Genutax. Maybe it won't be free any more when the 2020 version is ready. There is no import function in Genutax.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1116 posts
1184 upvotes
Vancouver
ez_86 wrote: when are 2019 taxes due?
Usually it's April 30th each year. I read somewhere the deadline deferred to June 1, 2020.
Jun 13, 2019
630 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
ez_86 wrote: when are 2019 taxes due?
Depends on who owe the money.. if it's the govt. then no due date, else
September 30, 2020 Futher extended as of July 27

Penalties (including late-filing penalties) and interest will not be applied if returns are filed and payments are made by September 30, 2020. This also applies to the June 15 and September 15, 2020, instalment payments for those who have to pay by instalments.
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... tml#extend
Aug 12, 2018
158 posts
129 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Lol. In every profession there's ineptness, incompetence, or just sheer stupidity. I find it hard to believe any legitimate CPA would recommend Studio Tax unless they're maybe close to 100 years old.
Legit CPA here. I personally use Studio Tax. Has all you need. Will be paying this year.
Dec 21, 2012
420 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
Guest20190318 wrote: Studio Tax? I dropped them like a hot potato many years ago. Modernization isn't a concept their programmers and developers seem to grasp.

Is it safe to assume all, if not most of Studio tax's acolytes are here (and on Facebook or Reddit) defending Studio Tax?

Some people love using sheet. Now, I read Studio Tax is charging their customers unless you have a really low income because their previous model was generating very little if any revenue?

Perhaps you [dinasours] have something on the side where you're charging others to do their taxes? If it was me, I would use a premium Canadian tax application, not this junk. :facepalm:
So does this "premium" software give you more money back than Studio Tax? From the comparisons I've done they all seem to come out the same. I also find it very easy to use and I'm used to it, so why would I change.
Last edited by truckmania on Jan 11th, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 21, 2012
420 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
HenryToanN35155 wrote: I'm keen to pitch in as well if there is a group looking to share 1 licence.
From the email I got from Studio Tax it says their license is good for 2 computers only. So if you're in a group buy then make sure you're one of the first two to use it. But why bother? Pay the $15 and share it with one other family member.
Jan 9, 2010
937 posts
194 upvotes
Edmonton, Alberta
Hi all, for those asking about when simpletax will have 2020 available: I emailed their support to ask that very question, and got this response:
"We'll have the 2020 returns available late January 2021. The CRA will release the new forms at that time as well.

NETFILE opens February 22nd, 2021. You cannot file a 2020 tax return before then.

We also have our updated tax calculator, which will help you see what the tax payable for the year is: https://simpletax.ca/calculator
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3692 posts
2099 upvotes
canadave wrote: Hi all, for those asking about when simpletax will have 2020 available: I emailed their support to ask that very question, and got this response:
Did you ask if it will still be free?
Jan 9, 2010
937 posts
194 upvotes
Edmonton, Alberta
No, I didn't. I don't see any reason it wouldn't be, it's their whole business model. Feel free to email them and ask, though, they seem very responsive.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

RFDLife