Public Mobile

FREE 2GB Data & 500 LD Min Add-ons Holiday Reward

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2021 8:56 am
Oct 12, 2007
671 posts
372 upvotes
Vancouver
Got my text today. As I mentioned, just joined just before December on a $25 plan.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12006 posts
14438 upvotes
Toronto
imoo2u wrote: Just checked my account online
Both free addons were listed without any notice(SMS) showing on my mobile.
I guess it is auto given without any further action on my part as I am a new client,
I took the $15 Plan on 5 Dec. Also got $10 rebate for using a referral code.
So far, a happy camper with PM.
New customers who activate between December 1st 2021 9:00AM ET and December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation.
Destiny is all
Jul 17, 2010
219 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
greygables wrote: 3 out of 4 lines in our house had received the bonus midweek and for the last line I had tried texting 4911 a couple of times earlier in the week for but it wasn't working. Tried again today and it worked!!!

thanks to Public Mobile and rfd!!
I never got the text but got an email message awhile ago. I can confirm this method works. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2822 posts
4457 upvotes
Uranium101 wrote: I am currently getting paid for using Public Mobile. Although I can’t take the money out, but I can buy some add-on for fun.
If you rewards are mainly from refer-a-friend and Community rewards, I would suggest not to do that. These rewards can change from renewal to renewal and the extra account balance will give you more of buffer before you need to start payinng again.
Public Mobile client: $50 calls/texts/10.5GB
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1537 posts
1693 upvotes
I didn't receive a reply from 4911, but add-ons were added in my account.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2935 posts
879 upvotes
Scarborough
Dhanushan wrote:
...500 minutes International Long Distance calling add-on... International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.
I wonder why the list is quite different/reduced from the web site:

300 International Minutes for $15 which now includes more calling locations
Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
Samwfive wrote: I wonder why the list is quite different/reduced from the web site:

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela
Maybe to reduce costs to Telus? Some countries long distance calling rates are likely higher.

However, in the past, some customers were able to call other countries than those listed on the holiday bonus add on. It does not hurt to try since PM does not charge extra.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Nov 10, 2007
202 posts
68 upvotes
Coquitlam BC
Is the Motorola G Fast compatible with PM? It's not listed on their site but the phone's specs seem like it should be?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
Freebee wrote: Is the Motorola G Fast compatible with PM? It's not listed on their site but the phone's specs seem like it should be?
Yes, this phone would be compatible.
https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_fast-10286.php

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:
* 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
* HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).
3G = 850 (5), 1900 (2)
4G = 850 (5), 1900 (2), 700 (12/13/17/29), 1700/2100 (4), 2600 (7), 1700/2100 (66)
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Sep 17, 2018
407 posts
627 upvotes
BF No Where
Samwfive wrote:
I wonder why the list is quite different/reduced from the web site:

What do you want for nothing 🤣 The freebie covers most the planet/population except Russia, Scandanavia, Oceana, the middle East, Africa and some countries in the Carribean, South America, Polynesia and eastern Europe.
Thank-you Public Mobile 👍🏻
I'd trade it all for a little more.
Aug 13, 2015
550 posts
834 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Emporium wrote: All 3 accounts in my home have now received the text, replied "Yes" and instantly got the addons.

@computergeek541 There is no obviously order on how they are sending out the texts. Go the 3 of them spread out over a few days.

First one to get it was the oldest account in the home, so though it would be by plan activation dates maybe.. Well NOPE, next one to get it was the newest account in the home (so the middle one was skipped).
Then I figured maybe by family name or given name, and since wife is registered with maiden name, was easy to compare. But NOPE, no correlation. Last names (first character) were "G", "K", "G" in that order. First names "G","M","J" in that order.
next I assumed maybe area code/number.. Nope.. got a 438 first, then a 514 and then the other 438. Scratch that idea :)

Ahh whatever... got all 3 of them in random order, so everyone here is happy.

Thanks and happy holidays to all.
Were all of them on plans over $35/mo?
And they got both the LD mins and the recurring 2 GB monthly data?
TIA
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
adaniel wrote: Were all of them on plans over $35/mo?
And they got both the LD mins and the recurring 2 GB monthly data?
TIA
Every active plan should qualify. All my three plans under $35 got both promo add ons. New customers this month will qualify automatically.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Nov 18, 2021
36 posts
10 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: If you rewards are mainly from refer-a-friend and Community rewards, I would suggest not to do that. These rewards can change from renewal to renewal and the extra account balance will give you more of buffer before you need to start payinng again.
How can you earn rewards thru community rewards? How does it work?
Aug 13, 2015
550 posts
834 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Dunkster wrote: Every active plan should qualify. All my three plans under $35 got both promo add ons. New customers this month will qualify automatically.
Their website says only $35/mo or higher priced plans qualify for 2 GB recurring monthly extra data. So I want to check if DP out there support this.
I don't care so much about the LD mins.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
adaniel wrote: Their website says only $35/mo or higher priced plans qualify for 2 GB recurring monthly extra data. So I want to check if DP out there support this.
I don't care so much about the LD mins.
There are two different promotions going on right now.
This holiday give away is for both new and existing customers. Free one time 2GB data add on (no monthly) and long distance add on.

The re-occuring monthly data add on is for new customers only who activate a new plan over $35 + plan.
public-mobile-flash-sale-free-2gb-re-oc ... e-2484228/
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2822 posts
4457 upvotes
DealsRbliss wrote: How can you earn rewards thru community rewards? How does it work?
That's entirely participation based on activity on the Public Mobile Community website.
Nov 18, 2021
36 posts
10 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: That's entirely participation based on activity on the Public Mobile Community website.
I'm having trouble registering and I need to contact public mobile support to fix an error by opening a ticket (that's all the chat bot is giving me) ... What can I do? Is there any other way to contact support?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
2822 posts
4457 upvotes
DealsRbliss wrote: I'm having trouble registering and I need to contact public mobile support to fix an error by opening a ticket (that's all the chat bot is giving me) ... What can I do? Is there any other way to contact support?
Sorry, but no, as you must have a Public Mobile Community account as otherwise, they would have no way to contact you.
Nov 18, 2021
36 posts
10 upvotes
computergeek541 wrote: Sorry, but no, as you must have a Public Mobile Community account as otherwise, they would have no way to contact you.
It's so silly, I go thru full sign up and even the captcha and then it says Authentication error.

Why can't we message support thru our account login which shows us plan add-ons etc?

Most every provider does that.. Is there any other way possible to contact support?
Oct 8, 2006
616 posts
405 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
DealsRbliss wrote: It's so silly, I go thru full sign up and even the captcha and then it says Authentication error.

Why can't we message support thru our account login which shows us plan add-ons etc?

Most every provider does that.. Is there any other way possible to contact support?
unfortunately not....you must open a community account and contact them ....even to post a question on the community form, you need to open a community account....after you open the ticket, support will pm you through this account

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)