FREE 2GB Data & 500 LD Min Add-ons Holiday Reward

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2021 8:56 am
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3353 posts
3403 upvotes
Montreal, QC
adaniel wrote: Were all of them on plans over $35/mo?
And they got both the LD mins and the recurring 2 GB monthly data?
TIA
No.. They are all the basic $15 plans, with just the 250MB basic data. And they all got the 500 LD mins and the 2GB one time data. These are great, since they 2GB data more of a little buffer for the occasional time when they need a little more than the 250MB of monthly data they get. And the fact that these addons don't expire is what makes PM perfect for low usage customers.

These yearly bonuses are always welcome every year.
Apr 20, 2011
160 posts
136 upvotes
I just got a text regarding the Public Mobile holiday offer that seems to come every year. This year it is for a gift of "Free 2GB of data and 500 international long distance minutes". I didn't even have to login to get it, I accepted in reply to their text.
Screenshot_20211213-130726.jpg
Edit: Looks like I wasn't the first, I found this a bit back. My bad, I was just away in Europe for 3 weeks.
Last edited by Dailen on Dec 13th, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12972 posts
11815 upvotes
DealsRbliss wrote: It's so silly, I go thru full sign up and even the captcha and then it says Authentication error.

Why can't we message support thru our account login which shows us plan add-ons etc?

Most every provider does that.. Is there any other way possible to contact support?
PM self-serve account system and PM community support system are 2 independent systems and they are not connected.
Anyone is considering to activate with PM should do their due diligent at the PM community forum before activation. PM does not have call center. All support are done by the community forum. If you are not happy with their support system, don't join PM.

Now, you have an account with PM. You need to learn PM support system by creating an account at the community forum.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Oct 26, 2006
175 posts
54 upvotes
Kitchener
Good to hear that PM are still sending out texts to customers as we approach their Dec 15 deadline.
Apr 26, 2019
164 posts
92 upvotes
Replying 'Yes' did not work. I had to message 'YES' (all CAPS) after few days and then I got a conformation. So it seems it is case sensitive.
Sep 7, 2004
107 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga gets no respect! My daughter just signed up for Public Mobile, and when choosing a telephone number, Mississauga was not listed, even though it has a population of over 800,000 people! But Mindemoya was listed and I just looked them up and they have a population of 1730! I selected Toronto, but our area codes are not exactly the same, are they?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8443 posts
784 upvotes
Scarborough
It happened (this is for Toronto) to my daughter a couple of weeks ago. Just keep trying.
monkeybag$ wrote: Mississauga gets no respect! My daughter just signed up for Public Mobile, and when choosing a telephone number, Mississauga was not listed, even though it has a population of over 800,000 people! But Mindemoya was listed and I just looked them up and they have a population of 1730! I selected Toronto, but our area codes are not exactly the same, are they?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6539 posts
6842 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone successfully ported a number from Speakout to PM lately? What information did you provide? Speakout apparently rejected my port to PM without bothering to send me any message. I provided name, phone number, and IMEI. I left "account number" blank since Speakout doesn't have account numbers, and that's what people said to do in old posts.

Update: resolved, thanks all. They said my IMEI was incorrect (it wasn't!), but the Telus porting team resolved it once I got their unpublished phone #. The text from Speakout finally came, and it did not require any response unless I objected to the port-out.
Last edited by Scote64 on Dec 14th, 2021 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Has anyone successfully ported a number from Speakout to PM lately? What information did you provide? Speakout apparently rejected my port to PM without bothering to send me any message. I provided name, phone number, and IMEI. I left "account number" blank since Speakout doesn't have account numbers, and that's what people said to do in old posts.
Here is a recent post:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... 24#M151950

You may need to contact Telus porting team (handles PM ports also) to restart porting process. I will message you the phone number.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Oct 17, 2007
287 posts
479 upvotes
3rd Rock
monkeybag$ wrote: Mississauga gets no respect! My daughter just signed up for Public Mobile, and when choosing a telephone number, Mississauga was not listed, even though it has a population of over 800,000 people! But Mindemoya was listed and I just looked them up and they have a population of 1730! I selected Toronto, but our area codes are not exactly the same, are they?
Try Streetsville
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2935 posts
879 upvotes
Scarborough
Scote64 wrote: Has anyone successfully ported a number from Speakout to PM lately? What information did you provide? Speakout apparently rejected my port to PM without bothering to send me any message. I provided name, (Speakout)phone number, and IMEI. I left "account number" blank since Speakout doesn't have account numbers, and that's what people said to do in old posts.
I have:

Signed up for auto pay first when registering, provided the bold-ed infos with NO pin (forgot), waited patiently for about 4hr. Finally SO msg came to confirm. Ignored it for about an hour and decided to reboot. Voila! The Speakout indicator on the left disappeared and the phone said "no service". Swapped out the sim to PM's and done done done.

One possible snafu....triple check your phone's imei?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6539 posts
6842 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know how long it takes this promo to show up when activating a new account?
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12018 posts
14449 upvotes
Toronto
Scote64 wrote: Does anyone know how long it takes this promo to show up when activating a new account?
These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week

from https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... m-p/751865

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Does anyone know how long it takes this promo to show up when activating a new account?
Recently activated a new account. My bonus add ons came within 48 hours.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Nov 21, 2007
477 posts
564 upvotes
How long does it take to receive a one-time BONUS $10 credit? I just used a referral code to activate my sim card. Thanks!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12972 posts
11815 upvotes
funky_monkey wrote: How long does it take to receive a one-time BONUS $10 credit? I just used a referral code to activate my sim card. Thanks!
Officially, you will get the credit within 72 hours after activation. From my experience, I got the credit next morning. YMMV.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)