Public Mobile

FREE 2GB Data & 500 LD Min Add-ons Holiday Reward

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2021 8:56 am
Oct 12, 2007
671 posts
372 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone sign up recently within December get this bonus?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
Whoaness wrote: Anyone sign up recently within December get this bonus?
I did sign up in December and automatically got these add ons within 48 hours. According to terms and condition, within one week.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Aug 24, 2011
421 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Oh, good to know. Thank you.

i thought the free 2GB data applies to all plans? i am thinking of getting the $25 plan for my 12-year old.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
hallieliu wrote: Oh, good to know. Thank you.

i thought the free 2GB data applies to all plans? i am thinking of getting the $25 plan for my 12-year old.
The one time holiday bonus data 2GB add on applies to all plans. It is a one time add on. Unused data will roll over to next month until used up. Once used up, the add on is gone. So, if you activate the $25 plan, you will get a one time 2GB data add on.

There is a separate promotion that is stackable:
If you activate a $35/month plan and use promo code, 2GBBONUS, you will get monthly 2GB data add on as a bonus.
public-mobile-flash-sale-free-2gb-re-oc ... #p35192146

If you are getting the $25 plan, you can try Walmart. Many Walmart reps will offer free SIM card if you activate with them. The reps get a small commission. YMMV though.

Amazon is also good. Prime shipping is quick.

The friend referral code of $10 is also stackable with the above.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Sep 26, 2016
118 posts
62 upvotes
Last week i signed my wife up for the Public Mobile $15 plan on autopay at Walmart. Used my own referral code for it. Free sim too. I received my referral bonus within 24 hrs. Her plan received the referral bonus too, plus the 2GB and long distance bonus as well. Pretty easy to do.
If you are doing more than 1 line, do 1 and then use your referral code to do the other to get bonuses ; it involves opening a new account for the new line and waiting to get referral code on first line.
I can help walk you through it.
M.M.
Feb 5, 2007
767 posts
348 upvotes
Mississauga
just switched from koodo prepaid to public. pretty easy, agent said the rewards will be given after 1 week. Will check on the $10 credit
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1537 posts
1693 upvotes
leeoku wrote: just switched from koodo prepaid to public. pretty easy, agent said the rewards will be given after 1 week. Will check on the $10 credit
You should receive it within 72 hours.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1537 posts
1693 upvotes
hallieliu wrote: Hey guys, how soon will I get the sim card if i order from PM website? The website says 3-7 business days by Canada Post. If it ships by snail mail, i am afraid that i will not get it in time to activate by December 31. I am in GTA. Or maybe i should get it in a store? TIA.
Also, search your local Kijiji/Craigslist/FB Marketplace for Sim Cards. Lot of people offer it for free as long as you promise to use their referral code.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2030 posts
1855 upvotes
It is back on PM website.
Two (2) PM Triple Punch SIM cards for $5.00 plus appliocable taxes.
Free shipping via Canda Post 3-7 business days.

Hope you get the SIM cards by 30th Dec 2021 and enrol with PM to obtain the freebies before they end.on 31st December 2021.
True or False
Ninety-nine percent of all lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
Public mobile delivery of SIM cards can vary by quite a bit. Some people receive in 2-3 days, while others take 2-3 weeks. If interested in this promotion, with the XMAS holiday rush in mail, I probably wouldn't risk buying online.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1470 posts
2259 upvotes
hallieliu wrote: Hey guys, how soon will I get the sim card if i order from PM website? The website says 3-7 business days by Canada Post. If it ships by snail mail, i am afraid that i will not get it in time to activate by December 31. I am in GTA. Or maybe i should get it in a store? TIA.
If concerned, pick up in store or see if a Walmart rep would incl at no cost. I'm out in BC and it took 2 days (bought Dec 8, received 10th); they shipped via Purolator. It shipped out of Calgary. Unfortunately I thought 2 @ $10 was a deal. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2935 posts
879 upvotes
Scarborough
3 downvotes ....I wonder how miserable their lives must be....
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1470 posts
2259 upvotes
Sites says the +2gb per month, 50% off sim is valid until Dec 23. Is the +2gb/month something PM always offers? I missed BF offer wondering if I should see if PM has a boxing day offer but don't want to miss out on the +2gb/month.
Jun 10, 2015
61 posts
72 upvotes
Vaughan
I am having uphill battles trying to use my international minutes. Anyone else?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
frugalcanuck wrote: Sites says the +2gb per month, 50% off sim is valid until Dec 23. Is the +2gb/month something PM always offers? I missed BF offer wondering if I should see if PM has a boxing day offer but don't want to miss out on the +2gb/month.
This promo code has been active since spring. Advertised by Public mobile intermittently. Eventually the promo code will expire, so difficult to predict. Last boxing day, PM's boxing deal was 2nd month free and one time 5GB data add on (not re=occurring).
DeaDriver wrote: I am having uphill battles trying to use my international minutes. Anyone else?
I stil have three of my various bonus long distance add on. Some customers in the past have temporarily downgraded their plans to use up their extra data bonus add ons and talk add on. For example, for the $15 plan, you can use the long distance add on for outgoing local calls. Just make sure that your original plan is still available and not grandfathered. If you change to different plan, you can't change back to grandfathered plan. Or if you have some bonus reoccurring add on, you may lose the add on if you change plans.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1470 posts
2259 upvotes
Dunkster wrote: This promo code has been active since spring. Advertised by Public mobile intermittently. Eventually the promo code will expire, so difficult to predict. Last boxing day, PM's boxing deal was 2nd month free and one time 5GB data add on (not re=occurring).
I think PM is saving on marketing. All they did was change the date on the same 2GB monthly and 50% off SIM and called it their boxing week sale.

Boxing week starts now! Don’t miss out.
Plus, switch to Public Mobile and get an extra 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off on your SIM card when you activate on plans $35/mo+ by Dec 28th

It doesn't seem like they have any additional promos for BD. Too bad I missed out on the free month for BF.
Oct 12, 2014
891 posts
487 upvotes
London, ON
Does anyone know the cheapest way to call india from a cell phone? app, or call through numbers, voip? Thanks. I see publics add-on is $15. Cheapest I've found thus far is fongo, $5 credit, 0.03 cents per min, plus 0.04 connection fee per call.
Public Mobile $38 month
5GB Data
Unlimited international texting
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
frugalcanuck wrote: I think PM is saving on marketing. All they did was change the date on the same 2GB monthly and 50% off SIM and called it their boxing week sale.

Boxing week starts now! Don’t miss out.
Plus, switch to Public Mobile and get an extra 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off on your SIM card when you activate on plans $35/mo+ by Dec 28th

It doesn't seem like they have any additional promos for BD. Too bad I missed out on the free month for BF.
I agree. PM Marketing needs to get more creative. The promo code is essentially giving about $5 discount on the plans over $35+ plan. For example, the $35 plan with promo code would get 5 GB data which is equivalent to the regular $40 plan.

The advantage of getting a new plan this month is these holiday giveaway add ons.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1818 posts
1891 upvotes
MrBanks321 wrote: Does anyone know the cheapest way to call india from a cell phone? app, or call through numbers, voip? Thanks. I see publics add-on is $15. Cheapest I've found thus far is fongo, $5 credit, 0.03 cents per min, plus 0.04 connection fee per call.
Public mobile India and Pakistan long distance add on, 750 minutes for $15, averages to be 2 cents per minute. Reasonable price.

Not exactly sure about India, but we use WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, Facebook messenger to call other countries in Asia.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1537 posts
1693 upvotes
Samwfive wrote: 3 downvotes ....I wonder how miserable their lives must be....
2 of them were within a couple of minutes of posting. Clearly in hate with PM lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)