Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Uber Eats

Free 6 months Uber Pass with ANY Aeroplan Visa YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2022 11:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8118 posts
2072 upvotes
Ottawa
If you add a gift card, would it use that and still get the uberpass parks?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20456 posts
5843 upvotes
Scarberia
jeeva86 wrote: If you add a gift card, would it use that and still get the uberpass parks?
yup still works with the ap card/uber pass promo, it takes the money from your uber wallet first, then the AP cc
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8118 posts
2072 upvotes
Ottawa
Ok I guess you can’t use another cc? So the trick may be to buy gift cards with the other cc and load it into Uber.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2007
1676 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't started my Uber Eats complimentary pass yet. Does anyone know the latest date I can start my free 6 month pass?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2931 posts
1412 upvotes
GTA
I just switched my TD Aeroplan to TD FCT . Will Uber eats know this switch and stop the credit?

If they charge me, will they refund me if I cancel immediately?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4127 posts
4352 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
headleygrange wrote: I just switched my TD Aeroplan to TD FCT . Will Uber eats know this switch and stop the credit?

If they charge me, will they refund me if I cancel immediately?
No they don't refund it. Go to uber pass settings -> manage -> and turn off auto renew for the uber eats pass if you no longer want it. They don't remove the pass benefits from your account until your current period is over.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2931 posts
1412 upvotes
GTA
Ecsta wrote: No they don't refund it. Go to uber pass settings -> manage -> and turn off auto renew for the uber eats pass if you no longer want it. They don't remove the pass benefits from your account until your current period is over.
Thanks.
Read terms - it says if I change to another card, they may end monthly credit. I don’t want to take chances. So, I just canceled my pass.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4127 posts
4352 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
headleygrange wrote: Thanks.
Read terms - it says if I change to another card, they may end monthly credit. I don’t want to take chances. So, I just canceled my pass.
Yeah that's what I did as well. I'll change the default card next month.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20456 posts
5843 upvotes
Scarberia
headleygrange wrote: Thanks.
Same here but the cc number is the same after PS'ing.. I think they won't know
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 27, 2006
379 posts
539 upvotes
BC
Did anybody get a warning that their Uber Pass will start getting charged next month, even though your Aeroplan card was supposed to be entitled to the 12-month free benefit?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2696 posts
323 upvotes
aznkalun wrote: Did anybody get a warning that their Uber Pass will start getting charged next month, even though your Aeroplan card was supposed to be entitled to the 12-month free benefit?
i signed up last month and the date also only gave me one month. i finally hammered out of uber support that they will not charge me, even though the account says otherwise. we'll see what happens tomorrow, as the "renewal" date is today.
Apr 25, 2014
250 posts
243 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
silverjelly wrote: I added an Aeroplan Visa Infinite card that gave me 6 months free, which expired a couple of days ago. I have been trying (with no luck; keep getting an error message) to now add a different Aeroplan Visa card (for 3 months free Uber Pass). I'm still in contact with customer service, but they haven't been much help so far
I've been trying the same as well (going from TD AP with 6 months to AMEX AP Reserve with 12 months) but couldn't get it working either. Were they able to help you in the end?
Aug 21, 2019
237 posts
73 upvotes
silverjelly wrote: I added an Aeroplan Visa Infinite card that gave me 6 months free, which expired a couple of days ago. I have been trying (with no luck; keep getting an error message) to now add a different Aeroplan Visa card (for 3 months free Uber Pass). I'm still in contact with customer service, but they haven't been much help so far
MRebel23 wrote: I've been trying the same as well (going from TD AP with 6 months to AMEX AP Reserve with 12 months) but couldn't get it working either. Were they able to help you in the end?
Same here... seems they aren't allowing people to get the deal for more than once with the same account. Anyone tried creating a new account?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
1140 posts
686 upvotes
MRebel23 wrote: I've been trying the same as well (going from TD AP with 6 months to AMEX AP Reserve with 12 months) but couldn't get it working either. Were they able to help you in the end?
Nope, they said they would. No follow-up at all.
Jul 21, 2006
592 posts
195 upvotes
Uber customer service sucks. It has been a couple months since I contacted them about 12 month free not working. I have the AMEX Aeroplan Reserve. They said should work, download latest app etc... I said please escalate the issue. Any time I tried to follow up they just said was already escalated and they would contact me when resolved. Months ago and nothing. I will try Amex next, but not holding out much hope.
May 4, 2006
668 posts
381 upvotes
Mississauga
I did the same, spoke to a supervisor over the phone and she escalated to "technical team" and heard nothing back.

silverjelly wrote: Nope, they said they would. No follow-up at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2316 posts
1018 upvotes
Toronto
So here's the thing....8 months ago, I had Uber Pass registered with my TD Aeroplan CC and decided to use that.

I also have a CIBC Aeroplan CC and thought that most people were saying on this thread that using my second Aeroplan CC wouldn't give me the promo.

After NOT having UberPass for 2 months, I added my CIBC Aeroplan CC and BOOM, seems like it works and I got ANOTHER 6 additional months FREE.
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2316 posts
1018 upvotes
Toronto
aznkalun wrote: Did anybody get a warning that their Uber Pass will start getting charged next month, even though your Aeroplan card was supposed to be entitled to the 12-month free benefit?
What card do you have? My TD Aeroplan Infinite only gave me 6 months
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Oct 27, 2006
379 posts
539 upvotes
BC
DealsHunterCo wrote: What card do you have? My TD Aeroplan Infinite only gave me 6 months
Aeroplan Reserve Amex, which is a 12 month entitlement. But this was the email I recently got:
We hope you enjoyed saving with your complimentary Uber Pass membership.

Beginning on your next renewal date , you will be charged $9.99/month1 for your Uber Pass Membership. This charge will appear on your upcoming billing statement after your renewal date.
I opened the actual app and it seems that I'm still entitled to a full year. I'll file a chargeback with Amex if it does end up showing as a paid charge next month.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3754 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Same problem here. A few months ago I ended the free subscription from a previous TD Aeroplan Visa card. Cancelled the card. Got a new TD Aeroplan Visa card, trying to add it but I'm getting the same error. On top of that, there's this promo that gives 75% ($15 discount max) for renewing Uber Pass.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)