Freebies

Free 90 Day Trial: Virgin Live TV IPTV app-based/computer and on-demand for Virgin Internet Customers

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 10:44 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9363 posts
1900 upvotes
Montreal

Free 90 Day Trial: Virgin Live TV IPTV app-based/computer and on-demand for Virgin Internet Customers

Virgin Mobile to launch app-based live TV and on-demand streaming service. Customers in Ontario and Quebec will get early access to the service on June 2nd.

Edit: Apparently you have to call to activate the free trial and then cancel it before the trial is up, right now there is nothing on their website or customer portal after you login.

I downloaded the Virgin TV app by Virgin Mobile Canada (make sure you don't download some fake app with a virus!) from the iOS store / Google Play Store and tried to login with my account, says I'm not a subscriber (you have to call to activate a free trial and cancel apparently). I did manage to go into the Preview which shows the channel line up, not bad.

Article / Source:
https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/06/01/virg ... Hho5GJs2Sw

EDIT: I've seen lots of talk about sports and how people are interested in Virgin Internet because it includes TSN and 2 / Sportsnet and 1. Bell has a similar product for Bell Internet customers called Bell ALT TV for cheaper at $29.99 (slightly less channels but has TSN and Sportsnet), check the channel line up on the Premium package on the right: https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-Alt-TV (there is no free trial however).
Last edited by yuprules on Jun 5th, 2020 9:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
81 replies
Jun 20, 2010
139 posts
158 upvotes
Kitchener
I received a call today from Virgin Mobile and they offered me the Virgin TV service for free for 90 days which I accepted to try out. You can download the app and sign-in as well as going to tv.virginmobile.ca webpage browser....works great so far. After the three months, the price will be $35/month.

Regards
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9363 posts
1900 upvotes
Montreal
salva10 wrote: I received a call today from Virgin Mobile and they offered me the Virgin TV service for free for 90 days which I accepted to try out. You can download the app and sign-in as well as going to tv.virginmobile.ca webpage browser....works great so far. After the three months, the price will be $35/month.

Regards
Thanks for the update, do they have any other tiers? It costs MORE than the exact same Bell ALT TV for $29.99 (yes I am aware Virgin has more channels). I was hoping it would be a low cost alternative to Bell's Alt TV or RiverTV.

Their website still isn't updated with any information about this service, I tried to chat them, they told me to call 1-888-999-2321.
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
yuprules wrote: Thanks for the update, do they have any other tiers? It costs MORE than the exact same Bell ALT TV for $29.99 (yes I am aware Virgin has more channels). I was hoping it would be a low cost alternative to Bell's Alt TV or RiverTV.

Their website still isn't updated with any information about this service, I tried to chat them, they told me to call 1-888-999-2321.
For $5 more it is way better channel selection than on AltTv. You get all TSN and SN channels plus many others like CNN or Discovery. I am pretty sure they will have add-on as well, hopefully it will be better offer than what is available on Fibetv. So far VirginTv works only at home with virgin internet but it should work on mobile devices as well eventually. Hopefully Virgin will update their site soon so we can see all other options for individual channels or packages in add-on choice.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9363 posts
1900 upvotes
Montreal
discostar wrote: For $5 more it is way better channel selection than on AltTv. You get all TSN and SN channels plus many others like CNN or Discovery. I am pretty sure they will have add-on as well, hopefully it will be better offer than what is available on Fibetv. So far VirginTv works only at home with virgin internet but it should work on mobile devices as well eventually. Hopefully Virgin will update their site soon so we can see all other options for individual channels or packages in add-on choice.
Yes, you must have Virgin Home Internet (Something strange about the wording "early access for Virgin customers", I hope that means they will open it up to anyone) RiverTV allows that, any Internet provider, but they have way less channels.

Bell AltTV $29.99 tier has Discovery, TSN, Sports Network by the way. That's why I'm disappointed at this $35 price, we'll see. I'll have to sign up for the free trial later today and see what is additional with Virgin. Wish there was a cloud PVR service since it costs more.
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
yuprules wrote: Yes, you must have Virgin Home Internet (Something strange about the wording "early access for Virgin customers", I hope that means they will open it up to anyone) RiverTV allows that, any Internet provider, but they have way less channels.

Bell AltTV $29.99 tier has Discovery, TSN, Sports Network by the way. That's why I'm disappointed at this $35 price, we'll see. I'll have to sign up for the free trial later today and see what is additional with Virgin. Wish there was a cloud PVR service since it costs more.
No they will not. Since they have broadcast stations included they can not offer it as OTT service. By the way on AltTv website is shows that they offer only 2 TSN and 2 SN stations but on VirginTv you get all of them. Animal Planet is another one that they offer.
I tried getting AltTv but Bell wouldn't offer me discount on their 100 internet so it was just too expensive.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3067 posts
2769 upvotes
WOW this includes CRAVE, HBO etc ...
Mar 22, 2018
21 posts
11 upvotes
I don't have Virgin Internet so I can't see myself, but does this include all TSN channels, all Sportsnet channels, and Crave + HBO? And the price is going to be $35/month? It sounds like a pretty good deal considering Crave +HBO is $20/month by itself.
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
iklaatu wrote: I don't have Virgin Internet so I can't see myself, but does this include all TSN channels, all Sportsnet channels, and Crave + HBO? And the price is going to be $35/month? It sounds like a pretty good deal considering Crave +HBO is $20/month by itself.
All sports channels yes, but no Crave or HBO in $35 package.
Mar 22, 2018
21 posts
11 upvotes
discostar wrote: All sports channels yes, but no Crave or HBO in $35 package.
Okay, that makes a bit more sense haha. Thanks for clarifying.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3067 posts
2769 upvotes
discostar wrote: All sports channels yes, but no Crave or HBO in $35 package.
Makes sense. Too good to be true.

Sportsnet is Rogers. I don’t see it in the listed lien up.
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
pongster wrote: Makes sense. Too good to be true.

Sportsnet is Rogers. I don’t see it in the listed lien up.
Channels 405 to 409 are Sportsnet and 400 to 404 are TSN all included in the $35 basic package.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3067 posts
2769 upvotes
discostar wrote: Channels 405 to 409 are Sportsnet and 400 to 404 are TSN all included in the $35 basic package.
Where are you getting this info? Are you an insider? I'm only going with the info from the links in this thread.
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
pongster wrote: Where are you getting this info? Are you an insider? I'm only going with the info from the links in this thread.
I have had VirginTv service for a few days now. It is available to anyone with Virgin home internet.
You can download the app to see what channels are available.