• Jun 6th, 2020 12:36 pm
[OP]
Jan 23, 2011
21 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto

Free Alcohol Samples - Home Delivery ON/BC Only

Deal Link:
A friend of mine's company works with alcohol companies to do sampling at LCBO and event festivals, and has changed their business model to send single serve samplings direct to people's homes. No credit card or anything, just complete the sign up survey and you get matched up with a brand who is looking for feedback about their product.
Last edited by zakakatz on Apr 21st, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
138 replies
Jun 18, 2016
301 posts
730 upvotes
1. That's your referral code
2. From the privacy policy, they collect your address to send you spam
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.

Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2011
21 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
removed my referral code, didn't realize that was frowned upon.

And yes, I would expect them to do some re-targeting and marketing to their user base, like other sample services that post on here do.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2011
21 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
ag2000 wrote: Lowest possible scamdoc rating. https://www.scamdoc.com/view/229330 - domain very recently set up with short life expectancy. No way Jose!
Like I said before, the company that set this up (Embr Events) usually does sampling events in liquor stores and events/festivals. They set up the domain after COVID19 started as a way to get their clients samples to consumers directly since they can't hand them out in liquor stores or in public right now. I'm posting here because a) I think it's a great idea and would love to receive samples at home and b) to support a friend's business.

But if you want to be cynical that's cool too I guess.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8409 posts
6247 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Why is providing a phone number necessary?
[OP]
Jan 23, 2011
21 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Probably to verify you are a real person and not just spamming the site with signups from phony email addresses.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2011
21 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I'm assuming that they will do offers every month and shipping a week or two after that but I can ask my friend about the exact plan. Apparently they have a wine and RTD offer going out next week.
Mar 27, 2009
35 posts
3 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Thanks OP. I signed up and got my friends to do it too!
[OP]
Jan 23, 2011
21 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Just received an offer for a free 750ml bottle of wine! It's real
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2246 posts
539 upvotes
zakakatz wrote: Just received an offer for a free 750ml bottle of wine! It's real
Me 2 lets see If it comes
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1025 posts
81 upvotes
signed up and no sample after sign up. hope some appear soon.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2246 posts
539 upvotes
Nothing has come yet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)