Free Canadian Black Book access for BCAA Members

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2016 12:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2005
56 posts
6 upvotes

Free Canadian Black Book access for BCAA Members

Just found this out today when looking to get the value of a used car, and thought the rest of the community would appreciate knowing about it.

If you are (or know) a BCAA member they provide free access to the Canadian Black Book. (This may apply to CAA members as well - not 100% sure)

Years back this was available through GM, then they stopped. Toyota currently offers it as well but they may stop (or limit) access one day as well.

Quite a nice perk and very handy.

https://www.bcaa.com/car-care/canadian-black-book
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6388 posts
2035 upvotes
BC
Thanks OP, didn't know that. (Only allows one vehicle at a time and you have to log out and get back in to do another one?)

But disappointed that Black Book doesn't allow for regional differences in value across Canada, so of limited use in B.C.

ICBC uses the Sanford Gold Book for sales tax purposes which has decent breakdown by region and vehicle condition.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2011
1860 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
That's hilarious. Logged in, clicked the button, and "Sorry! We weren't able to find the page you were looking for." :facepalm:
[OP]
Nov 12, 2005
56 posts
6 upvotes
iHateShaw wrote: Isn't it free at http://www.canadianblackbook.com/ for everyone ?
Last time I had checked that (a while ago admittedly) it was not free. I also noticed a few manufacturers which provided it for a limited time, and then ended up saying "submit your details to a local dealer for a quote". It appears that you are correct though...

Looks like I learned something too!

Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4218 posts
3142 upvotes
Markham
mttm2005 wrote: Last time I had checked that (a while ago admittedly) it was not free. I also noticed a few manufacturers which provided it for a limited time, and then ended up saying "submit your details to a local dealer for a quote". It appears that you are correct though...

Looks like I learned something too!

Thanks
It's free because a lot of dealers don't use the (insert color) books anymore.