Freebies

Free Canadian Web Hosting - Free Web Hosting for life ! ~ Free for 7+ Years and still alive!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 4:33 pm
Jul 8, 2013
296 posts
66 upvotes
Montreal
DirectHostingCanada wrote: Please read the thread summary if you are going to do a domain transfer.
Hi, is there a promo code for BigNames for free domain transfer? Or do I have to pay the $15.99?
Thanks
[OP]
May 14, 2012
456 posts
132 upvotes
MARKHAM
Transfer adds an additional year to your domain registration.
dbzkid777 wrote: Hi, is there a promo code for BigNames for free domain transfer? Or do I have to pay the $15.99?
Thanks
BuyWebHosting.ca
BigNames Domain Registration
Jul 8, 2013
296 posts
66 upvotes
Montreal
DirectHostingCanada wrote: Transfer adds an additional year to your domain registration.
Hi, but I thought the whole point was to have free web hosting for life? Will I have to still pay for my domain on a yearly basis?
Feb 22, 2015
27 posts
11 upvotes
CANADA
5533136091 I have liked the facebook page
Apr 5, 2009
188 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
this promo is for free hosting but i have to pay for domain name if im registering a new one?
Jun 16, 2015
139 posts
71 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Activate my order! DirectHosting | Order Confirmation - Order Number 7894654765
Jan 23, 2006
474 posts
135 upvotes
Thanks for this great offer: Your Order Number is: 8187717549
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
1255 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey people,

Please stay away from this company!!

I went with an RFD deal and signed up a site with Direct hosting a few years ago.
Server was good in the beginning but lately, when I went to check my site, I cannot find it half of the time for some reason, either something is wrong,
they have to do something to get the site up after I email them that i cannot find my site...
So I have decide to move my site out to somewhere else.
And with that, I have learned that I need an authorization code from Direct hosting to be able to move.
So I have to email many times to finally know the place to go and request the code.
I got a system reply that the code will be sent to me.
I did not receive anything so I email them asking and guess what:
They said I did not receive because I did not go in the dashboard to change my setting.
What is that?
So I went in to look and tried to change my address but that did not work.
So I emailed them back saying that I tried to change and I got the error message that said something was wrong...
They reply back saying you have to know how to change it properly....
I email them back but all I got from them after many emails was " I did not get the code because I did not change the setting"
To be honest, I don't have any knowledge about hosting server setup to know where and how to change the setting properly myself...

Well, I am still waiting for the code and I will have to go to CIRA to complaint if I don't get it.
I just to warn people of their sneaky way of doing business or are they incompetent to give you the support that you need...

Regards.

P.S. And by the way, after the first one or two years, they raised the price up so I am paying the same as with other company. ( $19.99 per year for one domain name hosting )
[OP]
May 14, 2012
456 posts
132 upvotes
MARKHAM
ZIgot wrote: Removed...
Please, if you are going to post a uneducated and mis-informing review then post the whole story.

1) The reason your site isn't working is because your Wordpress is broken. We have told you via our ticket response and even provided the instructions on how to fix it.
php index.php
PHP Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 55 in /home/hdimager/domains/yourdomain/public_html/wp-content/themes/photocrati-pro/pope/lib/class.component_registry.php on line 791
/home/hdimager/domains/yourdomain/public_html/wp-content/themes/photocrati-pro/photocrati-gallery/module.photocrati_gallery_legacy.php is not a valid Pope module
If you had set your WP to automatically update, it's prone to break. There is nothing wrong with the server.

2) You are not receiving your EPP code is because you have not modified the registrant email on the WHOIS. We have told you this MULTIPLE times!

3) There is nothing sneaky about our service. We have never raised the price on you. Please stop making up fake stories.
You can verify this by logging into the Client Dashboard -> My Invoices

Here is a snippet.

First two rows, you registered/renewed the domain for two years
The third row, the renewal is for one year.

BuyWebHosting.ca
[OP]
May 14, 2012
456 posts
132 upvotes
MARKHAM
polskon wrote: Activate my order!
Moved your free domain order to our bignames.ca brand. You should have received the welcome email for it.
BuyWebHosting.ca
Jun 5, 2010
216 posts
132 upvotes
Ajax
DirectHostingCanada wrote: Moved your free domain order to our bignames.ca brand. You should have received the welcome email for it.
Maybe I'm not understanding. I thought I did this myself already when I paid for the transfer? Please advise.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)