Freebies

Free Canadian Web Hosting - Free Web Hosting for life ! ~ Free for 7+ Years and still alive!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 4:20 pm
[OP]
May 14, 2012
450 posts
127 upvotes
MARKHAM
eunoia wrote: Trying to transfer a domain following instructions for "Simplified Process for new Domain Registration & Transfer" in first post. You guys alright?
Yep, those warnings were caused by a stubborn PHP version upgrade that didn't take in the php.ini. Now resolved.
BuyWebHosting.ca
BigNames Domain Registration
Jan 6, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
Good afternoon,

First off congratulations on seven years, and a big "Thank You" for the great offer for Red Flaggers! :)

I'm personally not necessarily as interested in the free offer, however I am in the market for hosting services.

After reading your opening post, I'm a bit confused (by what I'm sure is likely a simple detail that I've missed, or misunderstood) and was hoping that you might clarify for me?

You state:
DirectHostingCanada wrote: DirectHosting is offering free Canadian based web hosting for RFD members !
...then further down...
Check out our budget plans on BuyWebHosting.ca. They are as low as $10 / year.
To summarize my point: There are two hosting companies: buywebhosting.ca and directhosting.ca

- Directhosting.ca appears significantly more expensive than buywebhosting.ca on an annual basis.

-- $264 vs $20 per year respectively (Based on plans selected from each site that appear to me to offer similar-ish specs. See attached photo).

I guess my real question then is:
What are the key differences in the premium services offered from the two companies at a comparable price point?

I hope that made sense? And thank you. ;)

Respectfully...

Justin
Images
  • 20200808_130315.png
[OP]
May 14, 2012
450 posts
127 upvotes
MARKHAM
JustinGenerousity wrote: Good afternoon,

First off congratulations on seven years, and a big "Thank You" for the great offer for Red Flaggers! :)

I'm personally not necessarily as interested in the free offer, however I am in the market for hosting services.

After reading your opening post, I'm a bit confused (by what I'm sure is likely a simple detail that I've missed, or misunderstood) and was hoping that you might clarify for me?

You state:

...then further down...

To summarize my point: There are two hosting companies: buywebhosting.ca and directhosting.ca

- Directhosting.ca appears significantly more expensive than buywebhosting.ca on an annual basis.

-- $264 vs $20 per year respectively (Based on plans selected from each site that appear to me to offer similar-ish specs. See attached photo).

I guess my real question then is:
What are the key differences in the premium services offered from the two companies at a comparable price point?

I hope that made sense? And thank you. ;)

Respectfully...

Justin
In short, hosting plans under our DirectHosting brand includes
-Daily backups with 30 days retention vs no backup
-Higher resource limits (File IO, Concurrent processes, etc)
-cPanel control panel vs DirectAdmin control panel

I hope that explanation is enough.
BuyWebHosting.ca
BigNames Domain Registration
May 5, 2015
225 posts
160 upvotes
Dundas, ON
Liked fb page, here's my order# 6262338138. thanks
Dec 27, 2004
93 posts
10 upvotes
liked FB page, shared your FB page too. Please activate my order # 8658346818. Many thanks!
Oct 10, 2006
857 posts
2237 upvotes
Outside Poker Flat
Liked Facebook page, here's my order# 1721419728. Thanks.
Criminal Code Part VII 206 (1) Every one is guilty...who (f) disposes of any goods, wares or merchandise by any game of chance or any game of mixed chance and skill in which the contestant or competitor pays money or other valuable consideration.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1403 posts
547 upvotes
I followed the steps, but during checkout it hung so I'm not sure if it went through. I do see an unpaid invoice #15911.

Edit: Order number 7906208320
May 5, 2005
145 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby
liked fb and can you please activate my order #4278431707.
thank you