Personal Finance

Free Credit Score W/BMO (TransUnion Credit View)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 9:14 am
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
194 posts
114 upvotes

Free Credit Score W/BMO (TransUnion Credit View)

Just stumbled upon this... Is this a new service BMO is providing?

Log in to BMO Online Banking > My Profile & eDocuments > My Credit Score (Left Side Bar)

Monitoring your credit information is important for everyone - no matter where you are in your financial journey. That's why we've partnered with TransUnion of Canada, Inc. (TransUnion) to give you access to their CreditView® Dashboard (CreditView®). There is no charge for using this service and it won't impact your credit score.
Before you check out CreditView®, please note that:

CreditView® is provided by TransUnion and intended for informational and educational purposes only.
You must agree to TransUnion's Terms and Conditions to subscribe to the service.
BMO isn't responsible or liable for any financial decisions you make based on the information provided in CreditView®. If you're looking for financial advice, please get in touch with a BMO Financial Advisor.
BMO needs to share your name, address and date of birth with TransUnion to provide you with access to CreditView® each time you visit it. You can revoke this permission at any time and cancel the service by calling TransUnion at 1-888-462-7217.

You should also know:

Should you have questions concerning the credit information shown on CreditView®, please contact TransUnion at 1-888-462-7217.
BMO cannot see your CreditView® information, but will know that you accessed the service.
BMO doesn't use your CreditView® information for credit adjudication purposes, so it shouldn't be interpreted as a credit approval or rejection.

By clicking "Continue" you agree to all the points above, including BMO sharing your information with TransUnion to give you access to CreditView®, and will be redirected to the TransUnion website. If you do not want to proceed, you can exit by hitting back.

CreditView® is a service provided to you by TransUnion. Using this service does not impact your credit score. This service is being made available to you as a customer of BMO at no additional charge.

CreditView® is a trademark of TransUnion LLC.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4505 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting!
If we can get some more details like:
  • Score model provided
  • Frequency of updates
  • Reports available
  • Alerts provided
I'll update the summary of consumer accessible scores thread: comparing-consumer-accessible-credit-scores-2306695/
Last edited by ROYinTO on Dec 8th, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Following the advice of the Health Experts - I will consider voting for Dougie @ 12:01 AM, five days after the next provincial election.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
194 posts
114 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: Interesting!
If we can get some more details like:
  • Score model provided
  • Frequency of updates
  • Reports available
  • Alerts provided
I'll update the summary of consumer accessible scores thread: comparing-consumer-accessible-credit-scores-2306695/
I tried it with my account and it looks like we can request a score update once a month. From what I can see you get:

TransUnion credit score
- Account Summary
- Personal Info
- Inquiries
- Accounts
- Public Records
Your credit score in comparison with others
Score history (must request an update every month in order for that to be tracked here)
Score simulator (simulates your score if you opened another credit card, opened a loan etc.)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4505 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
michaelr16 wrote: I tried it with my account and it looks like we can request a score update once a month. From what I can see you get:
Thanks, I see BMO has a mobile banking app. Can you access it from that or just online?
Following the advice of the Health Experts - I will consider voting for Dougie @ 12:01 AM, five days after the next provincial election.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
194 posts
114 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: Thanks, I see BMO has a mobile banking app. Can you access it from that or just online?
It doesn't look like its available on the mobile app. Here is everything that's available on the web:

TransUnion credit score
- Account Summary
- Personal Info
- Inquiries
- Accounts
- Public Records
Score history (must request an update every month in order for that to be tracked here)
Score simulator (simulates your score if you opened another credit card, opened a loan etc.)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4505 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
michaelr16 wrote: It doesn't look like its available on the mobile app. Here is everything that's available on the web:

TransUnion credit score
Do they specify which TransUnion Score model?
It appears that the scores from most is using the TransUnion CreditVision Risk Score
[OP]
Apr 9, 2012
194 posts
114 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: Do they specify which TransUnion Score model.
It appears that the scores from most is using the TransUnion CreditVision Risk Score
Yes, that's the one they are using.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1519 posts
845 upvotes
Kinda weird. Every time BMO has run a check soft or hard, it's always been with Equifax
Rbc's had this for awhile with a credit report
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5049 posts
3579 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
michaelr16 wrote: It doesn't look like its available on the mobile app. Here is everything that's available on the web:

TransUnion credit score
- Account Summary
- Personal Info
- Inquiries
- Accounts
- Public Records
Is it not on the app? I see it in More and under Your Setting section.

I like the score simulator if it's accurate. Gonna try it for a few months to see how close it gets.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1354 posts
418 upvotes
So bmo, RBC, Scotia all seem to provide same info
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4505 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
wra45mon wrote: So bmo, RBC, Scotia all seem to provide same info
Not sure yet. Waiting to hear about receiving alerts from BMO.
Scotia does provide alerts, RBC does not.
Mar 23, 2004
42935 posts
8900 upvotes
Markham
User455957 wrote: Kinda weird. Every time BMO has run a check soft or hard, it's always been with Equifax
Rbc's had this for awhile with a credit report
I think you can say that it is obvious that Equifax is not willing to provide this service for the banks.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4505 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: I think you can say that it is obvious that Equifax is not willing to provide this service for the banks.
CIBC & Motusbank run off Equifax.
It might be a cost thing for the banks to choose TU, or there are other inducements.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7884 posts
8193 upvotes
The Prairies
angel_wing0 wrote: I think you can say that it is obvious that Equifax is not willing to provide this service for the banks.
I dunno, Borrowell seems to pull it off just fine.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7884 posts
8193 upvotes
The Prairies
ROYinTO wrote: CIBC & Motusbank run off Equifax.
It might be a cost thing for the banks to choose TU, or there are other inducements.
MotusBank? They’re providing a credit score/report too?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
7960 posts
3246 upvotes
Financial District B…
michaelr16 wrote: BMO(or insert any other 3rd party free-score supplier) doesn't use your CreditView® information for credit adjudication purposes, so it shouldn't be interpreted as a credit approval or rejection.
These are the key operative words
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4505 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
coolintheshade wrote: MotusBank? They’re providing a credit score/report too?
I'm pretty sure it was you that posted something to that effect:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/compari ... #p31373618
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/compari ... #p31373647
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7884 posts
8193 upvotes
The Prairies
When getting a rate quote from MotusBank, they give you your rate with your ERS 2.0 credit score.
But this is a one time thing at the time of the quote only.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4505 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
coolintheshade wrote: When getting a rate quote from MotusBank, they give you your rate with your ERS 2.0 credit score.
But this is a one time thing at the time of the quote only.
Got it. 2x checked the 1st post in the thread in my current sig line. That is what is posted.
Score / no report.