• Jul 14th, 2022 2:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1747 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
CailinBlue wrote: To sign up for this and get it working do I need to purchase the premium account for $15 USD?

Right now I have

2 Voxalot Accounts
1 LiberaIlVoip

This is what I did with the accounts.

and then when I click on the save and then the monitor button I get.....

Is there something I did wrong?

Is there something more that I need to configure in the voxalot accounts?

I currently have this set up with sip broker and to an ata box where I can get incoming calls one of the voxalot account that I used for this is the same one I'm using for that do I need to create a new one so I have 3 voxalot accounts?

The one that went green is the voxalot account that I already had which is set up with the ata box and sip broker the other 012 I signed up for today.

What do I put where you have by InternetCalls under N.Tel.?

Thanks

-First take off InternetCalls from LiberaIlVoip(I realize it is in the image I put in, but the guide does not call for it)

-Second the VoXalot acct you already had (the one you use in your ATA) should be the one that's for outgoing only...

-The new VoXalot acct you made should be registered both ways (remember to turn off VM)

Now follow the guide about setting up CallBack,specifying allowed numbers and adjusting the Dial Plan on LiberaIlVoip

BTW, no premium accounts required....and I assume your BetaMax provider or any other is set up in your VoXalot acct....

Sorry I haven't been checking regularly, it's exam time for me right now :)

PS. I've updated the guide, fixing some sources of confusion, do another quick read of it and see if it helps....
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Apr 1, 2006
10 posts
earthcitizen wrote: Thanks a lot for the information, emoci.

Now I see, maybe it's because I pressed # after the PIN(I did it most of times). But now I couldn't try, phonegenome direct me to their paid service page when I click "dial now" bottom, maybe because I've tried too many times? Anyway, I'll stop there and will try it in a few days to see if there's anything change...
I tried it today again, unfortunately it still guided me to their non-free service page... :cry:
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1747 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
earthcitizen wrote: I tried it today again, unfortunately it still guided me to their non-free service page... :cry:

Yeah... once you've tried too many times that's a problem...

Few things to try:

1. Complete the registration process for the same number all over and hopefully it may give you a few more tries...

2. If that also fails try http://my.phonegnome.com/livechat/index.html and explain to one of their reps your situation and ask if they can unblock the number and give you another chance to verify

3. Finally if that fails too, try performing the registration with another number (your home number for example)... If you suceed there may still be a way to reach your Cell for free from a PhoneGnome acct, even though it's not registered and verified for PhoneGnome (again once registered try calling your cell by adding **666 in front of the number) This method may not be as reliable as the regular PhoneGnome calls but may do the trick...
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Apr 1, 2006
10 posts
emoci wrote: Yeah... once you've tried too many times that's a problem...

Few things to try:

1. Complete the registration process for the same number all over and hopefully it may give you a few more tries...

2. If that also fails try http://my.phonegnome.com/livechat/index.html and explain to one of their reps your situation and ask if they can unblock the number and give you another chance to verify

3. Finally if that fails too, try performing the registration with another number (your home number for example)... If you suceed there may still be a way to reach your Cell for free from a PhoneGnome acct, even though it's not registered and verified for PhoneGnome (again once registered try calling your cell by adding **666 in front of the number) This method may not be as reliable as the regular PhoneGnome calls but may do the trick...
Thanks for the information, emoci. I'll just let it go, don't wanna spend more time on it...unless someday I really need the service from them, right now I just got an ATA and route my voip call to it....
Nov 7, 2007
65 posts
the sipnumber services and affiliates have become not so reliable lately and do not take new signups without work arounds(type the URL for the signup page into your browser) personally i have never gotten good voice quality from IPKall. so i looked around for an alternate free DID. this is what i found:

http://www.groovytel.com/

they redirect to IM platforms via gtalk2voip. but if you signup and than log onto the site you can send calls to any SIP URI by reconfiguring your number.

on my test calls the voice quality was good.

spg
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1747 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
satphoneguy wrote: the sipnumber services and affiliates have become not so reliable lately and do not take new signups without work arounds(type the URL for the signup page into your browser) personally i have never gotten good voice quality from IPKall. so i looked around for an alternate free DID. this is what i found:

http://www.groovytel.com/

they redirect to IM platforms via gtalk2voip. but if you signup and than log onto the site you can send calls to any SIP URI by reconfiguring your number.

on my test calls the voice quality was good.

spg

Curious, played with this but could not get it to forward to a SIP URI directly, DID you mean use the GTalk2Voip acct associated with the IM address(that seems to work)...is that it
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Nov 7, 2007
65 posts
emoci wrote: Curious, played with this but could not get it to forward to a SIP URI directly, DID you mean use the GTalk2Voip acct associated with the IM address(that seems to work)...is that it
actually the option that looked like it was open for any URI sends calls to MSN. you can send calls to either FWD or GIZMO and than forward within one of those to a different sip service or use mysipswitch. there also appears to be an option to buy DID's for $1.00 with no additional monthly fees and forward direct to IAX or SIP.
Dec 24, 2007
13 posts
Columbus, OH
emoci wrote: Yeah... once you've tried too many times that's a problem...

Few things to try:

I tried to register my Verizon land line several times over the past couple of months. PhoneGnome would not pickup the DTMF tones for the pin when it called me. It seemed if I waited a week or so I could re-register and try again but always with the same results. I decided to give it another try this weekend. I was not paying close attention but I believe when I clicked on the Dial button from the email link it took me to the logon page for PhoneGnome where I entered my phone number and pin and logged in. Apparently my Verizon number is not registered. I just get a busy signal when I try to call it from a SIPBroker access number. The PhoneGnome call analysis page shows Type=NET for the attempt to my number. It doesn't look like I can unregister and try again to pass the pin callback test.

Adding **666 in the config at sipswitch did allow the call to go through. What exactly is **666 doing? It appears to work with other numbers. I couldn't find anything about it on the PhoneGnome site.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1747 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
jwill39 wrote: I tried to register my Verizon land line several times over the past couple of months. PhoneGnome would not pickup the DTMF tones for the pin when it called me. It seemed if I waited a week or so I could re-register and try again but always with the same results. I decided to give it another try this weekend. I was not paying close attention but I believe when I clicked on the Dial button from the email link it took me to the logon page for PhoneGnome where I entered my phone number and pin and logged in. Apparently my Verizon number is not registered. I just get a busy signal when I try to call it from a SIPBroker access number. The PhoneGnome call analysis page shows Type=NET for the attempt to my number. It doesn't look like I can unregister and try again to pass the pin callback test.

Adding **666 in the config at sipswitch did allow the call to go through. What exactly is **666 doing? It appears to work with other numbers. I couldn't find anything about it on the PhoneGnome site.

The **666 seems to be a third party calling service (or that's what I think). I came accross it when loging into my account, it said someone had updated their profile with new info: **666 for free calls to the US; it's at best a testing line for now....

Remember when you're trying to verify the number for PhoneGnome, after entering the pin you need to wait between 30 sec and 1 min and do not add # or anything else at the end of the pin...
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
vinnythejinny wrote: just to give you a heads up, there is a new voip service called VOIPax
Seems like a nice service with 300 free mins a week. I wonder how reliable.
You get max. 300 minutes per week of free calls as registered voipax user, measured over the last 7 days, after charging the account. Unused free minutes cannot be taken to the following week(s). If the limit is exceeded, then the normal rates apply. During the Freedays you can call all destinations listed as "FREE" for free. When you have run out of Freedays, the normal rates apply. You can get new Freedays by buying credit.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
Hi Emoci

I just followed the guide7 and got the busy tone on the phone.

sip switch seems working and PG seems place the call....

But it shows "2008-01-05 23:01:12 1905963xxxx 00:00:30 NET " , in the guide it says FREE.

What's the different and how to fix it?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1747 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Fire wrote: Hi Emoci

I just followed the guide7 and got the busy tone on the phone.

sip switch seems working and PG seems place the call....

But it shows "2008-01-05 23:01:12 1905963xxxx 00:00:30 NET " , in the guide it says FREE.

What's the different and how to fix it?
Ok, just spend a few minutes testing my setup as well, and I get the same result as you for the time being, a busy signal...

So provided you followed the guide closely you propably have not done anything wrong, just try again later tomorrow, things should be back up and working..

Oddly enough this is the second time I encounter this with PhoneGnome ...it seems their server slows down, and one of the things that happens is that it takes about 40-42 secs before it starts the call (before you actually hear the ringing). It also seems that MySipSwitch, PBXes and SIPBroker tend to time out at about 30 sec of wait, whereas VoXalot tends to be more reliable even with a 40 sec delay before dialing (but you need a paid VoXalot account to try...and even then it is 'more reliable' not 'always reliable' when this slowdown happens)

I guess PhoneGnome has become slightly less reliable for this purpose (I hope the RFD effect is not to blame ;) )

In the meantime, if you have another VoIP provider that allows you free calls to your number (including if you managed to get one of the Free Accts Acanac was/ is--they seem to have a new promo for 2008 http://www.acanac.ca/Free-Voip.htm--giving away for a year, they can be substituted for PhoneGnome)
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
Thanks a lot for your reply. I also test the gtalk2voip with phonegnome as well. The result came up with can't registered. I think it must be something wrong with phonegnome. I will give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks buddy.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
vinnythejinny wrote: I agree with you emoci. Phonegnome has become less reliable and if you use it often, they will block your account for abuse. :mad: I haven't lost it yet but others had.
I have been test phonegnome since last night and never worked... I tried mysipswitch and gtalk2voip and both can't get phonegnome registered. The call summary shows NET instead of FREE. I think that means network down or can't reach my number.

I setup the voxalot with trixbox and bingo... Bye PhoneGnome
Banned
Jun 9, 2007
90 posts
USA
Fire wrote: I have been test phonegnome since last night and never worked... I tried mysipswitch and gtalk2voip and both can't get phonegnome registered. The call summary shows NET instead of FREE. I think that means network down or can't reach my number.

I setup the voxalot with trixbox and bingo... Bye PhoneGnome
the only issue with voxalot is its paid and free version is limited access only. by the way i posted about free canada phone line check out.
Nov 7, 2007
65 posts
vinnythejinny wrote: I agree with you emoci. Phonegnome has become less reliable and if you use it often, they will block your account for abuse. :mad: I haven't lost it yet but others had.
on several accounts of my own and others i have found that if i use **466(to ring phone associated with phonegnome account) the account does not get blocked. if i forward using a phone number the account gets quickly blocked. the only thing is the calls comes through as PRIVATE(caller ID blocked)
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
vinnythejinny wrote: the only issue with voxalot is its paid and free version is limited access only. by the way i posted about free canada phone line check out.
Yes. But I am just using the basic function on it. I just need my friend call the SIP gateway and punch my voxalot number. The call will route in my trixbox system and ring my phone.

The freephoneline doesn't support ATA yet. The only thing I am using is call forward.
Jan 1, 2007
137 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
I have got an unlocked PAP2. I would like to get a VOIP phone number in Toronto. Acanac seems to offer free numbers in Toronto previously, but not anymore. Is there any VOIP provider that will give out Toronto number? Thanks a lot.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)