• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2016 6:42 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 27, 2009
742 posts
99 upvotes
Calgary
Hello emoci and hello everyone. I originally found links to your guides on Voxalot.com and I followed you here (very nice site, I ended up buying a very cheap Xbox 360 from Walmart becasue of RedFlagDeals :D ).

I have a question for VOIP enthusiasts as I don't have a solution yet.

Everyone here at RedFlagDeals likes cheap stuff; well I'm trying to get cellphone service as cheap as possible. My current solution is between $14.70 and 16.70 $ + TAX / month for Canada wide unlimited calling....but it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
[quote="claudiu_corbea" post_id="9498601" time="1254160841" user_id="259696"]Hello emoci and hello everyone. I originally found links to your guides on Voxalot.com and I followed you here (very nice site, I ended up buying a very cheap Xbox 360 from Walmart becasue of RedFlagDeals :D ).

I have a question for VOIP enthusiasts as I don't have a solution yet.

Everyone here at RedFlagDeals likes cheap stuff; well I'm trying to get cellphone service as cheap as possible. My current solution is between $14.70 and 16.70 $ + TAX / month for Canada wide unlimited calling....but it
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Sep 27, 2009
742 posts
99 upvotes
Calgary
emoci wrote:Lol, glad you joined RFD because I did not know about the $7 Telus prepaid... (what about incoming calls though?)
The 7$ Telus prepaid is unlimited local for outgoing and incoming with the same number, so CID for incoming is very important, it has to be the same number you use to dial out. The option is just like My5 form Rogers but only for one number.
emoci wrote:-Get Sip Config (a one time fee of $56.5) for a FreePhoneLine number (they only have DIDs in ON and QC though). This gets you a DID plus unlimited calling to most of Canada.
FreePhoneLine is not an option for me, I need a local Nova Scotia number (902 area code), either a local DID or somehow spoof the CID of the local SIP Broker number that I currently use for CallThru to VoXalot.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
claudiu_corbea wrote: The 7$ Telus prepaid is unlimited local for outgoing and incoming with the same number, so CID for incoming is very important, it has to be the same number you use to dial out. The option is just like My5 form Rogers but only for one number.

FreePhoneLine is not an option for me, I need a local Nova Scotia number (902 area code), either a local DID or somehow spoof the CID of the local SIP Broker number that I currently use for CallThru to VoXalot.
Sorry for the delay in responding...

What are you doing for Incoming now?
What Voice Service Provider are you using through the VoXalot callthru now...?

You could still use FPL via the callthru you have right now... I was just hoping to leverage the fact that you'll have your own FPL DID for incoming as well.
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3556 posts
553 upvotes
Markham
The registration screen looks identical from what I remember of freephoneline.ca. Prices are the same as well, except they don't charge for porting your number. The phone numbers they offer are also in the same exchange e.g. (647-367-xxxx)
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3713 posts
49 upvotes
toronto1312 wrote: Hey emoci, have you heard of these guys

http://www.clearpointel.ca/residential

looks similar to freephoneline. Anybody has any experience with these guys.

Thank you
As I mentioned few months back both are owned by 295.ca.

EDIT:
clearpointel.ca
Registrant name: 3757277 Canada Inc. o/a 295.ca
Registrant number: 1482445
Postal address: 3757277 Canada Inc. (oa 295.ca)
30 Duke St. W, Suite 602
Kitchener ON N2H3W5 Canada
Phone: 5194892300
Fax: 5197725014
Email: fxd@295.ca

freephoneline.ca

Registrant name: 3757277 Canada Inc. o/a 295.ca
Registrant number: 1482445
Postal address: 3757277 Canada Inc. (oa 295.ca)
30 Duke St. W, Suite 602
Kitchener ON N2H3W5 Canada
Phone: 5194892300
Fax: 5197725014
Email: fxd@295.ca
Ban Steve Downie from NHL
Self Proclaimed PYwner Late Miss. Masco:My Gramma is gooder than your typos Says GrammerNazi.
smitty9999 on saving power: nooB Powers on the PC just to post stfu.
board123:when challenged runs away as fast as it can, hide behind mommy.
Dec 17, 2006
523 posts
62 upvotes
claudiu_corbea wrote: FreePhoneLine is not an option for me, I need a local Nova Scotia number (902 area code), either a local DID or somehow spoof the CID of the local SIP Broker number that I currently use for CallThru to VoXalot.
Why not use freephoneline number for call back with $7 unlimited option.
Sep 27, 2009
742 posts
99 upvotes
Calgary
Sorry for not replying, I didn’t get any email notification.
I could do what you say but I still don’t have an option for incoming. People would want to call a local number and Freephoneline doesn’t offer any Nova Scotia number. If people call me direct on the cell which would be a local number, then I would pay airtime.
Sep 10, 2002
314 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
Since Unlimitel increased their DID rates recently I'm looking for a new BYOD per minute carrier.

I have my family interconnected through Voxalot, so it's really only my girlfriend who runs up the phone bill. Luckily, she's not a gabber so our total cost is roughly $9-14/month (including DID).

I have my brother set up on voip.ms and he's pretty happy with the service. I've calculated them to be much less expensive, and plan on switching over as soon as I run down my funds with Unlimitel.

I'm also planning on moving from Asterisk to FreeSWITCH on a new Atom server and was wondering if there are any VoSP's that provide encrypted calls to the data centre? There are several different standards available.
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SIP_TLS

Is it too much to ask for cheap and secure at the same time? I just don't like the fact that my ISP among others can listen in.
Dec 28, 2004
101 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Hi emoci,

I'm following the guide: Receiving Calls via VoIP on your regular PSTN Phone (5)

Although many screens have changed, I think I'm following ok. Except PhoneGnome...

It seems like PhoneGnome no longer allow **466 to call HOMe. Is that right?

Moreover, it doesn't seem to allow login using SIP softphone anymore. I've double checked my login with the credentials at "SoftGnome SIP Credentials" page.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
KillaB wrote: Since Unlimitel increased their DID rates recently I'm looking for a new BYOD per minute carrier.

I have my family interconnected through Voxalot, so it's really only my girlfriend who runs up the phone bill. Luckily, she's not a gabber so our total cost is roughly $9-14/month (including DID).

I have my brother set up on voip.ms and he's pretty happy with the service. I've calculated them to be much less expensive, and plan on switching over as soon as I run down my funds with Unlimitel.

I'm also planning on moving from Asterisk to FreeSWITCH on a new Atom server and was wondering if there are any VoSP's that provide encrypted calls to the data centre? There are several different standards available.
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/SIP_TLS

Is it too much to ask for cheap and secure at the same time? I just don't like the fact that my ISP among others can listen in.
1) It may be a little much to ask at the moment in terms of secure...in the sense that the price point and what you receive in turn have to match somewhere...

2) In terms of the calls running you $9-14 per month ... are these just local (eg. within Vancouver).
VBuzzer has local unlimited Vancouver for $50/year now. I am not sure that you can port your current number to them though ...

3) If you feel adventurous, and your GF doesn't care about the CID the callers see... in terms of outgoing you can setup G5 + GV for unlimited North American calls
Heat|e-Bay|RFD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)