• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2016 6:42 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 14, 2009
20 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks for all your information
Yes, I will subscribe their service in a few days, and will definitely leave more feedback here.
I did some more research on the Magic Number. The on-line discussion seems positive. Actually I find out a very interesting idea:
Some people saying they can use the Telus One Number unlimited services + Magic number. Which means it is possible to have the unlimited cell phone call with about $17 dollars.
Well, I will not test that idea yet, since I am with Rogers and I don't want to loose my cell phone number.
About you mentioned CID, I think that might be a problem for me, too. We will see..
Anyway, I will leave more message and feedback after I subscribe their services. Thanks again for your good info
Sep 14, 2009
20 posts
3 upvotes
claudiu_corbea wrote: I don't know how stable MagicNumber service is, but if you google a bit you can find some feedback and people are overall happy with their service and they do have free calling to major Canadian cities.

You can go month to month first and test how is the service overall. I didn't go with them because they don't forward in case the caller has a Private CID (I have some people calling me without CID) so I started looking for a way to do my own Magic No and use the providers I already have.

If you decide to subscribe, please leave some feedback.

OK, I goto magic number yesterday night and do a quick sign-up. There are several numbers I can choose from, I think I pick a very good Vancouver DID number for me. I got e-mail saying the services is activated this morning. I make some local call, the quality is good, at least to my standard...I did not got a chance to make some long distance call, probably will do it on the weekend. Let's see how stable the services are... only time can tell.

One thing I find out is that they charge me "propotionally" on the first month. Because my service activate on Dec 10, so they charge me 2/3 of the monthly fee (20 days left for the month), or about $6 bucks...

Tips: I assume, you can acctually sign up at the end of the month and try the service without get full month charge! But be careful, from the activation e-mail, they said they will charge me monthly automatically. Which means, if I dont like the service, I have to call them or e-mail them to cancel, otherwise they will continue charge me each month.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3232 posts
718 upvotes
Anyone used successfully voip.ms with freephone and Linksys SPA 3201??
I transfered my existing phone number to voip.ms and I want to keep it with them.

Now I just singed up for freephoneline.ca and I want to use them for local GTA calling.

How do I tell my SPA 3201 to use freephoneonline for locals and voip.ms for LD??

any help would be appreciated.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
romsan04 wrote: Anyone used successfully voip.ms with freephone and Linksys SPA 3201??
I transfered my existing phone number to voip.ms and I want to keep it with them.

Now I just singed up for freephoneline.ca and I want to use them for local GTA calling.

How do I tell my SPA 3201 to use freephoneonline for locals and voip.ms for LD??

any help would be appreciated.

The SPA3102 is kinda nice when it comes to this....

-First register Voip.ms with the SPA (as you may already have).
-Then fill up the gateway section...with FreePhoneLine info (eg. gateway one)
Gateway 1: 14162223333@voip.freephoneline.ca
GW1 Auth ID:14162223333
Password: your password
Nat Mapping: NO

Now in your dialplan line add this:
(<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0<:@gw1>|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|011xx.|*xx|[*#x][*x].)

Any number you dial with 10 digits will be put through FreePhoneLine...any number you dial with 11 digits (add 1 in front) will be put through Voip.ms

Eg.
416-222-3333 will be called with FPL
1-416-222-3333 will be called with Voip.ms

Anything long distance (starting with 011) will be put over Voip.ms

Catch:
-This only works in the SPA3102 (not the PAP2 or SPA2102)
-Callers being dialed as ten digits will see FPL as your CID (make sure to forward your FPL number to your Voip.ms number so if they call back you can receive the calls.
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Dec 23, 2009
2 posts
Canada
Hello,

First of all thanks for this informative post here i just wante dto confirm here with you that does your sip2skype solution through net2max is still working or not as i have configured as you directed and follow the guide here http://www.scopezoom.com/guide9.htm

and able to ring my skype but just after one ring it drop off the call any idea about that thanks in advance
Dec 23, 2009
2 posts
Canada
Ok correction here able to ring but there no voice they can't hear me i can't hear them ?? any idea
Banned
May 5, 2003
4879 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Hi There!

I am new to VOIP and am looking for some help with setup.

I have purchased a Linksys SPA3102 and setting it up with Freephoneline.com (FPL). I will use FPL for all local calls (incoming and outgoing) and also want to setup VOIP.ms for only outgoing LD.

I have successfully setup FPL.

Questions I have are:

1. What is the best location for the ATA? I have a Cable modem, Dlink Switch and a Linksys WRT320N set up as per the diagram below. Where should the ATA sit? Between the modem and router or after the router or after the switch?

[IMG]http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/memb ... titled.jpg[/IMG]

2. How do I setup VOIP.ms now that FPL is setup?

3. How do I setup dialing rules to allow all incoming and outgoing local calls through the FPL line, but all LD calls out through the VOIP.ms setup?

4. Is it possible to use the VOIP line remotely? Say, I am at work and want to make a LD call... can I call my VOIP # and have it dial out for me?

Thanks for all you help!

My thread is here... http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/sett ... ms-856269/
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3340 posts
3173 upvotes
Montreal
Shaf wrote: Hi There!

I am new to VOIP and am looking for some help with setup.

I have purchased a Linksys SPA3102 and setting it up with Freephoneline.com (FPL). I will use FPL for all local calls (incoming and outgoing) and also want to setup VOIP.ms for only outgoing LD.
Look like you have the answer above your post

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/free ... ost9970477
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3340 posts
3173 upvotes
Montreal
Shaf wrote: I did read that but I think it's different in that that person have their primary number with VOIP.ms. I have my number with FPL (local in and out) and no number with VOIP.ms (outgoing only)...
You can setup similar like that, just switching the freephoneline and voip.ms

Register SPA with freephoneline and use gateway 1 for voip.ms
Banned
May 5, 2003
4879 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
X360 wrote: You can setup similar like that, just switching the freephoneline and voip.ms

Register SPA with freephoneline and use gateway 1 for voip.ms
OK. Will try that. What do I need to do to the dial plan provide by FPL?

How would I test that outgoing LD is going through Voip.ms?

My current dial plan as provided by FPL is (911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)
Banned
May 5, 2003
4879 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
still stuck... any help would be appreciated...
Banned
May 5, 2003
4879 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Gee wrote: Based on emoci's response, here is how you need to have your settings done

I didn't know you can pass FreePhoneLine traffic through VoIP.ms

I am surprised that VoIP.ms allows it

Since I don't use VoIP.ms or FreePhoneLine, I may have the gateway names incorrect.
Thanks. I actually need it the other way around... FPL is my primary line and will use Voip.ms for LD.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31560 posts
5687 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
If you want to use FreePhoneLine as your primary line, then set

Proxy: voip.freephoneline.ca
User ID: FreePhoneLine Number
Password: Self evident

Gateway 1 should contain all your VoIP.ms information and change your dial plan to look like this.

(1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|011xx.|*xx|[*#x][*x].<:@gw1>|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0)

With the above dialing plan, if you dial a 1 or 0 as the first digit, it will go to VoIP.ms. If the first digit is between 2-9, then it will use FreePhoneLine.

There is no guarantee that FreePhoneLine will let you access VoIP.ms through their gateway.

I am not sure why you would not use an SPA2102 to do the same thing.

The only advantage to doing it this way is automatic line selection

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)