• Jun 10th, 2016 6:42 pm
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Dec 20, 2004
5281 posts
1280 upvotes
Toronto
Just call your cell company, speak to their loyalty/retention department, and get them to throw in call forwarding for free.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4308 posts
3282 upvotes
Ottawa
I basically want to setup FPL to RECEIVE long distance calls, for free, on my I wcell phone. I will be getting rid of my landline within the next 30 days IF I can figure out a way to do this. Basically, I want to forward FPL to my cell phone - someone calls my FPL (say at night when I have unlimited talk on my cell) and it gets forwarded to my cell phone.

Now, unlimited nights and weekends is limited to LOCAL calls only... when fpl forwards a long distance call, how is it viewed by my carrier?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3713 posts
49 upvotes
Konowl wrote: I basically want to setup FPL to RECEIVE long distance calls, for free, on my I wcell phone. I will be getting rid of my landline within the next 30 days IF I can figure out a way to do this. Basically, I want to forward FPL to my cell phone - someone calls my FPL (say at night when I have unlimited talk on my cell) and it gets forwarded to my cell phone.

Now, unlimited nights and weekends is limited to LOCAL calls only... when fpl forwards a long distance call, how is it viewed by my carrier?
What you can try is get softphone with free number. Forward it to your cell and then try calling to FPL number. See what happens. Try from local phoone first.
Ban Steve Downie from NHL
Self Proclaimed PYwner Late Miss. Masco:My Gramma is gooder than your typos Says GrammerNazi.
smitty9999 on saving power: nooB Powers on the PC just to post stfu.
board123:when challenged runs away as fast as it can, hide behind mommy.
Feb 23, 2007
130 posts
6 upvotes
Hi there. I've read most of this thread and I must thank everyone for all this great info.

I am looking to set up voip to use with my mobile carrier. I will likely get the $7 unlimited to one number deal from telus and look to set up a DID with voip.ms. Although they charge for incoming and outgoing, the price is still MUCH better than the crazy rates mobile companies charge for long distance. I have the following questions:

1. I am planning to use my new voip.ms DID as my number for the long term and only give out this number to everyone. Will this number be portable to a mobile carrier like bell or rogers or some other voip provider if i decide to only use them exclusively down the road? The last thing i want is voip.ms to go bust and lose my number...

2. Is there a convenient way to deal with the access number issue when using my mobile phone (iphone3g) to dial out with the above set up? What im worried is that everytime i have make a call i have to dial this one number (access number for voip.ms?)... This would make my address book useless. Is there an iphone app that will always dial the access number first and then take the number you are trying to call from address book? Has anyone come up with a way around the access number issue? I know with similar situations i had to put in a bunch of #### between numbers the access number and actual number I am trying to call...

3. Once i get my voip.ms DID number, how do i set it up so that all incoming calls go to my mobile number? What about outgoing calls - i assume voip.ms has a local access number i have to dial to place local and international calls?

TIA

edit: after some searching i found a bunch of calling card apps for iphone - it looks like #2 is resolved.
Apr 9, 2006
161 posts
10 upvotes
Is there anybody who can share sipsourcery or phonegnome invites?
Best regards,
Sergo.
Oct 8, 2008
3 posts
Toronto
I read your post on Sip2Skype. It all went well except for step 10, as they have expended the options. You now need to select "Shared Number" instead of "Access Number"

Thanks so much for this great tip. I can now use sip with my skype!

I do however have a question though. Call Display information seems to be lost. Is there any way to display call information associated with a forwarded call? Right now all I get is "Skype Net2max" as the call information in skype.

Thanks again.
Aug 17, 2008
9 posts
tomorrowland
hi all i am trying to setup my PhoneGnome account on a PAP2 (to replace F9 after they changed the TOS)
can some one tell me if i can run it from my PAP2
when i try calling an 800# i get the following
(all i get is "Failed to make call with local telephone service")

also does anyone know of a good low priced Voip provider to replace Future 9 as they seem to have stopped SIP to SIP & GV-IKPALL-F9

thank you
Aug 23, 2005
846 posts
51 upvotes
Hi Guys

Currently I use Primus Talk Broadband and would like to switch to a cheaper alternative. I thought about voip.ms but people were complaining about quality vs. primus. Can someone recommend a good alternative to primus

Thanks alot
Sep 10, 2002
316 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
Akronica wrote: I thought about voip.ms but people were complaining about quality vs. primus.
My brother and I both use the premium route option on voip.ms and it sounds great. Are people complaining about the value route, because I've never used it?
Aug 23, 2005
846 posts
51 upvotes
KillaB wrote: My brother and I both use the premium route option on voip.ms and it sounds great. Are people complaining about the value route, because I've never used it?

I really didnt know that there was different plans. I called voip.ms now to understand the difference and also the rates but the guy didnt know anything, he kept asking someone else for rates. I also cant find them listed on their website. Can someone help, is this the best voip alternative to primus

Thanks
Sep 10, 2002
316 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
The monthly DID cost is the same whether you choose the premium or value route....and you can change between the two paths whenever you want through their web portal.
Aug 17, 2008
9 posts
tomorrowland
Dear client,

To activate this account, you\'ll have to send a scan of an ID card (e.g. Driver\'s License in full color and good resolution) matching the address you provided. You can also send a passport scan. Please feel free to black out any confidential information from the scan(excepting address and picture) and send to support@voip.ms

This is a one time verification only. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

__
Alex Lopez
VoIP.ms Customer Service
Sep 27, 2009
742 posts
99 upvotes
Calgary
It happened to me too, send them a drivers license scan and that was it.